Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,635 Views | 62643 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by swampstander
The Beer and I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^any thoughts on this Phischy?^

I like old guardian, really tough to beat for the price. It's definitely hoppy for a barleywine. Specs has this year's and last year's on the shelf in case you wanted to see what a year of aging does to it.
aggielax48
AG
I wish JK would spend a little less time making their specialty beers and be able to produce more of the regulars. Black Metal and Wytchmaker are really difficult to find.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd agree on Black Metal but I see Wytchmaker all the time.
army01
AG
Give me all of your Funk Metal and RU-55.
MW03
AG
Would JK be as popular if they didn't have badass bottle art? They have the most intriguing bottles on the shelf, and I'm convinced they wouldn't be as tasted (and subsequently loved) if not for the artwork. I know I tried them initially because of that. Lesson to be learned out there for all the up and coming craft brewers. Spend a little cash on some quality packaging to get noticed.

[This message has been edited by MW03 (edited 2/27/2014 11:17a).]
jetch17
AG
I was kind of disappointed in the latest RU55 I had last week compared to the previous couple I had last year
army01
AG
I haven't had one since last February/March....but damn was it exquisite.
maca1028
Bunker hill fellas! Jetch, BSD getcha some. If not...getmeone?
jetch17
AG
i actually did run over to Bunker at 2:00 but it was too late for BCBCS. he siad they were gone in 25 mins.

i managed to pick up extras of Coffe & Vanilla Noir and another Clown Lounge when i stopped in Whole Foods Kirby around lunchtime. They also have a fresh tapped keg of Yellow Rose on tap for $9 64oz fills
txag2008
AG
Speaking of Yellow Rose...does it ever make it to DFW?
aggiejz
AG
As of now, not that I'm aware of. They're focusing on keeping up with demand here in Houston and the occasional Austin bar or 2. It may have made it to a DFW bar or 2, but it certainly isn't a regular thing. They just got equipment in that tripled their capacity within the last month, though, and they should be able to start using that soon. Once that happens, you may see them look at expanding more into Austin and DFW, but I wouldn't expect it to be immediate. They are trying to be deliberate with their growth plans.

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 2/27/2014 3:45p).]
BSD
AG
quote:
Bunker hill fellas! Jetch, BSD getcha some. If not...getmeone?

Dammit. I stepped out of the office for a few hours and just now saw this.
wasabi1787
AG
If any of you find yourself in the Midwest, keep an eye out for Schlafly Kolsch. It's easily the best mass produced domestic kolsch I've had.

At 13 bucks for 12er it is a great buy.

[This message has been edited by wasabi1787 (edited 2/27/2014 4:16p).]
cc10106
Managed to score some BCBCS yesterday at Petrol. Figured out an excuse to get out and deliver to a client in the area, and i was surprised there was any left when i showed up. Also tried Myrcenary, which was very good as advertisted.

[This message has been edited by cc10106 (edited 2/27/2014 4:39p).]
jah003
S
The BCBCS has eluded me again... I might just have to end up trading for it.

Did manage to grab a couple of Vanilla and Coffee Noir's, an Uncle Jacob's, and a 6 pack of Greenhouse IPA in the past few days... So, I can't complain too much.
maca1028
Where did you find the greenhouse jah?
jah003
S
If you're in Austin it's pretty much everywhere... Got mine up in Cedar Park at the HEB. Heard 300 cases for Austin (don't think it's hitting any other cities). It was 300 cases last release and was gone in 2 days...
MW03
AG
This coffee noir is really good, but I'd be interested to try it blind against ten fidy...

[This message has been edited by mw03 (edited 2/27/2014 6:37p).]
NColoradoAG
Got a nice box of Brian's BBQ Sauce today. Thanks BMac!

jetch17
AG
FWIW, after chatting up the beer counter guy at whole foods, they have BCBCS in the store but won't sell it due to a UPC screw up. I did everything I could to let me walk with one, but he said they will hold them until March 15 when they will have a goose island tap takeover. They will tap a regular BCBS keg and sell bottles of the BCBCS
K Bo
AG
Clown Lounge draft at LW Shepherd
aggiejz
AG
quote:

Might be able to help here if you're not able to procure any.. Hit me up.
CollinAB
AG
A Coffee Noir somehow survived on the shelves at the CS Spec's until today. It's now safely home with me. Anybody planning on doing the St. Arnold's Northgate Pub Crawl Saturday?
jetch17
AG
Finally trying a coffee tonight

jah003
S
quote:
quote:

Might be able to help here if you're not able to procure any.. Hit me up.

I'll let you know. Heard rumors more will be released tomorrow. I'll see if I can snag any. Although working at a job where you can't leave from 7:30 - 5:30 makes it really hard to grab anything...
Professor Frick
AG
Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop, a really great dryhopped Pilsener from Peak Organic, and some more Pliny tonight
Green Fairy
AG
I'm currently balls deep in a clown lounge. Eff this diet thing. Think I've had 400 calories all week so surely this won't kill me.
jetch17
AG
Diets
aggiejz
AG
Collin you know I'll be there.

Jah, I feel ya. Just let me know if I can help.

And diets are overrated. Less food + more beer = lose weight.
Green Fairy
AG
No doubt. Cut out beer Sunday until Friday nights(minus today obviously). 10 lbs down after 3 weeks so not all for nothing.

Jetch what's the scoop on the Coffee and Vanilla noirs at Kirby WF? They have much? I haven't stumbled on any yet(or had time to hunt much).
jetch17
AG
He's got em in the back, just ask. Same with 009

[This message has been edited by Jetch17 (edited 2/27/2014 9:25p).]
Green Fairy
AG
Roger that. I need to start hitting up the bellaire WF guy. I never think about it there and I'm sure they get some small quantity of that stuff.

Also, about time to throw down a Tine brewery gauntlet some Friday or Saturday for all us houston folks on here.
The Beer and I
Having a Rye on Rye from last year, really good beer. I'm gonna have to grab one from this year now.
bevokilla
AG
Whole Foods can go **** themselves. I've been by there twice in three days and tried to get help in the beer section only to have those ****ing neck beards say they don't work in that department and claim to try to go find someone.

Had my Vanilla Noir tonight and it was outstanding.
DaveHimself
AG
Saw this on a brewery tour last weekend and found it humorous...

[This message has been edited by DaveHimself (edited 2/27/2014 9:58p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.