Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,608 Views | 62615 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by SoTxAg
txaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, as made obvious from my Cantillon picture...I made it to Mikkeller Bar in San Francisco tonight. Pretty cool place. Tap list was pretty good and the bottle list was extraordinary, especially with the sheer number of sours they had. I kept it simple and went w/ the Cantillon Classic Gueuze since I had never had any of their beers before.

Before that, I had a Cuvee Delphine by De Struise Brouwers. It was really good. The Four Roses barrels added some good flavor and it was ridiculously smooth for 13% ABV.

Two Down
AG
quote:
My long shot would be if anyone had any bodacious. I know it's next up for 010, just trying to see if anyone had the original release for the vert

I didn't bother asking for that one; I haven't tried it yet so I'll be hunting next time around for sure.
maca1028
I can't ever seem to hold on to any of the F.U.N. Series. The 007 that's been in my closet for a month now is about as long as I've held on with out turning the bottom up.
In other news, got me a pretty sweet lost abbey teku and a hop slam snifter on the way!
bevokilla
AG

Decent haul from Central Market yesterday. I was like 3 minutes too late to get backyard rye but not too shabby regardless.
aggielax48
AG
Bought a Coffee and Vanilla Noir at Central Market. Drank the coffee last night. Good, I prefer FBS, not even considering price. Felt the same on the Bomb. Glad I tried it, but probably won't buy again at that price.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

Decent haul from Central Market yesterday. I was like 3 minutes too late to get backyard rye but not too shabby regardless.

Is this in Houston? I thought they weren't able to sell their BCBCS yet?
BSD
AG
txaggie05 and bmac are living the good life!
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

Is this in Houston? I thought they weren't able to sell their BCBCS yet?

Yeah the Central Market on Westheimer. They said they sold out of everything in less than 20 minutes
BSD
AG
Ninja,

They came out Monday at Specs and are starting to trickle to other stores no. I have no idea how much was sent here or who is expecting any. I can save you a Coffee if you want one.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Bought a Coffee and Vanilla Noir at Central Market. Drank the coffee last night. Good, I prefer FBS, not even considering price. Felt the same on the Bomb. Glad I tried it, but probably won't buy again at that price.

I haven't opened my Prairie Noirs yet but I feel the same way about Bomb! Good beer but too much coffee for me so I don't think I will but it again
bevokilla
AG
Jetch is about to jizz his pants. https://untappd.com/b/8th-wonder-brewery-dome-faux-m/488754

Sorry if it's Germans
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Ninja,

They came out Monday at Specs and are starting to trickle to other stores no. I have no idea how much was sent here or who is expecting any. I can save you a Coffee if you want one.

Cool. May take you up on that if I'm not able find any by the weekend.
jah003
S
BCBCS and Backyard hit Austin today... Central Market and Sunrise/East 1st at the moment. There's no way I'm gonna be able to get either (not hitting regular HEB's at all). If anyone wants to snag me some I'll make it worth your while...
bevokilla
AG
Whole Foods on Kirby had a few bottles of The Black Xantus for $15 if anyone is interested. Waited for 15 minutes to try to find someone to ask about the Prairies/BCBS but no one ever showed up.
maca1028
I talked to whole foods Kirby last night and they said BCBCS was in the building just not in the system yet. Might call back and see if they've released it yet.
La Fours
AG
JK just announced 3 new beers. Cerveza de Tempranillo, Biere de Merlot, and Montmorency vs Balaton.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-cerveza-de-tempranillo-biere-de-merlot-montmorency-vs-balaton

The Tempranillo one and the Montmorency vs Balaton are bottled, but not the Merlot one.

I really want the Montmorency vs Balaton.

[This message has been edited by La Fours (edited 2/26/2014 2:43p).]
jah003
S
It's official... I should just leave my credit card with JK... Take my money!

Hoping the sign up doesn't turn out like the Funk & Sour CF. I'm guessing that many bottles should last a decent amount of time, though.
The Beer and I
Yup, looks like I'll be taking another trip to Austin next month. Also going to Florida for spring break, gonna try to hit up Cigar City on the way back.
aggiejz
AG
Saint Arnold pub crawl in College Station for anyone who hadn't heard.. Details here.

Also, yeah, gonna have to plan a time to go to JK and pick up those beers. Goodbye, money. Per usual.
BSD
AG
Petrol has BCBCS on sale right now. Limit 1 bottle (it's a bar, so I doubt they got much). And Rancors. Mmmm, Rancors...
Echoes97
AG
Growler's Montrose just posted they had Clown Shoes "Space Cake Double IPA" in bottles and on draft. Anyone had that? Made w/ Mosaic hops so I'm intrigued.

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
La Fours
AG
I plan on reserving a bottle of each at JK. And probably one each in my wife's name.
Two Down
AG
Echoes - sent you an email yesterday night.
txaggie05
AG
Today's haul:
Echoes97
AG
Two Down, just replied, sorry for the delay.
CollinAB
AG
BSD, you are correct. Myrcenary is one of the best DIPAs in Texas. When Enjoy By isn't in state, it's the best.
MW03
AG
I've been starting at Black Xantus on the shelf at my local store for a month now. Any good?
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Black Xantus is so good. I still have no real idea what's up with Nectar Ales and Humboldt Brewing. My understanding is they're owned by some South Carolina company but everything is still made in Paso Robles.

IDGAF though. I buy the **** of black xantus when I see it. It's basically parabola with coffee. Haven't seen any around here in about a year.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 2/14/2014 12:08a).]

This is NColoradoAG said about Xantus
NColoradoAG
Black Xantus is tasty. YMMV depending on the store and how they stored the bottle. I don't know when the last batch was produced. FW bottles it so it should be dated. It's a coffee stout so I'd definitely check bottle dates if it was stored warm.
NColoradoAG
Even Phischy liked Black Xantus
NColoradoAG
Jock, there was a huge Shelton brothers shipment this week. Cantillon was included and sent to major accounts. Crooked Stave is the distributor. Coaltrain would be your best bet. It's a **** show out there, but some really nice stuff came into town. Fou Foune and Lou Pepe's notably.

Drie Fonteinen Oude Kriek, De Dieu Ciel Peche Mortel, and Perennial La Boheme would be others worth a try.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 2/26/2014 8:06p).]
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, 14 is out so I guess it's time to pop a 13
CollinAB
AG
quote:
Even Phischy liked Black Xantus
Hahaha. That tells you all you need to know.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Favorite beer.
bevokilla
AG
Any thoughts on Stone Old Guardian? Worth it?
First Page Last Page
Page 394 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.