Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,713 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First world problems are a ***** sometimes
La Fours
AG
aggiez71 - I would imagine that the local stores will get some more this week. Check back. The last few FUN releases have had a small initial release here in B/CS and then a week or two later, the stores got more. I would also check with the Villa Maria HEB. They typically get the same as the CS HEB's but the pressure there is a lot less than the CS stores.
maca1028
quote:
Only Matt Chow walks out with a case of clown lounge...

I'll bet that's exactly what happened in midtown this morning.
For anyone east/southeast of Houston, a new wine bar in Baytown called cork grinders is releasing bb6 at 6 this evening. Pretty descent place to hang out too...for Baytown.
Mustang1
AG
Who the frick is Matt chow
jetch17
AG
Schlong from BA
defroach
Matt Chow is a guy in Houston that buys a ****load of every beer by the case.

He pisses people off because of the quantity of the beer he gets while others don't always get the beer.

He actually isn't a bad guy, but people like to hate on him for hoarding.
Jock 07
AG
does he have a yob?
army01
AG
quote:
Matt Chow is a guy in Houston that buys a ****load of every beer by the case.

He pisses people off because of the quantity of the beer he gets while others don't always get the beer.

He actually isn't a bad guy, but people like to hate on him for hoarding.

I realize Chow shares 90% of what he buys...but the way he flaunts his purchases pisses me off. I'll brag about a bottle here or there, but if I manage to get a lot of something, I'll keep my mouth shut.
maca1028
quote:
does he have a yob?

I believe his family owns a chain of restaurants, so he has a lot of time to drive around looking for beer.
In other news, had the bb6 tonight, slight rum taste to start then it turned into a pumkinator.
wessimo
AG
So I can just take a pumpkinator, add 1/2 a shot of rum and save myself a hassle and $12?
maca1028
Pretty good night, bb6, jai alai, hop slam, and abbrasive ale.
62strat
AG
Finally made it out to 'mayor of old town' in Fort Collins. Pristine draft selection. 100 of them.

Had the Loveland aleworks raspberry sour and funkwerks echoes sour ale. Both really good.

Ending up sitting next to a dude who claims his uncle is the owner of dechutes. He offered to bring me hella schwag if I want it. Guess we'll find out if I decide to go there next Monday.
oneoutofmany
AG
Anyone seen any Sucaba yet in the Metroplex?
defroach
Sucaba has yet to be seen in TX this year. When it does come out, I assure you it will be all over social media and this thread.
La Fours
AG
After a couple of real ale full moon pale rye's, I decided to open this.

So damn good.
Echoes97
AG
Having my first Prarie Bomb! tonight, holy hell is that some awesome stuff! Will buy as many as I can find, just excellent.
NColoradoAG
The Mayor
bevokilla
AG
Picked up two Clown Lounge and a bomber of a fresh Hop IPA from Austin that I can't recall right now from Central market last night.

I'm done with Specs and I think Central Market is my new go to for beer releases. The way Spec's distributes their allotment between their stores just pisses me off and Central Market has a couple of awesome beer guys working there.
bevokilla
AG
Has anyone had http://www.texmexbeer.com/senorviejo.html?

Beer aged in Tequila barrels sounds interesting.
La Fours
AG
Odell launches in Texas next week. I wonder how long it will take for them to be in Brazos County?
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Odell launches in Texas next week. I wonder how long it will take for them to be in Brazos County?

I hope it plays out quicker than Firestone walker(although their distribution is good now). Ghey Dallas had it for months long before Houston got any of it.
txag2008
AG
Seen some Victory Dirt Wolf hitting shelves. Never had it but it's supposed to be a good one right?
defroach
Prairie Vanilla/Coffee should be hitting Austin on Friday according to East 1st Grocery
cpscAG06
AG
prairie coffee and vanilla noir released today in Dallas at Halls. Also BCBCS released. Wifey picked my limits up for me . 1 per for the noirs and 2 per for BCBCS (singles not 4 pk on BCBCS)
La Fours
AG
Looks like Odell is doing it right. They are going to be in pretty much all major markets from the beginning. I just looked at their website showing the Texas event info, and they will be in Brazos County next week. In bars for sure, not sure about in package stores. We still don't have Firestone Walker here in BCS.
Echoes97
AG
DirtWolf is quite tasty, very solid effort from Victory.
defroach
For those who are in Brazos county worrying about Odells....I would not worry too much.

http://odellbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Texas_ListofEvents_Draft.pdf

Looks like you will first see it on Wednesday.
defroach
Draft is next week. Bottles will show up in March.
maca1028
quote:
prairie coffee and vanilla noir released today in Dallas at Halls. Also BCBCS released. Wifey picked my limits up for me . 1 per for the noirs and 2 per for BCBCS (singles not 4 pk on BCBCS)

wessimo
AG
Per Rockwell's FB page, SA is withholding BB6 unless Rockwell commits to having a permanent SA tap. Maybe this is smart business but it really rubs me the wrong way. Local craft breweries should not be bullying restaurants - this seems like something AB would do. As more and more breweries come online (or come to TX) this kind of thing is only going to get worse.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Looks like Odell is doing it right. They are going to be in pretty much all major markets from the beginning. I just looked at their website showing the Texas event info, and they will be in Brazos County next week. In bars for sure, not sure about in package stores. We still don't have Firestone Walker here in BCS.

Pardon my ignorance, but why the excitement for Odells? I took a look at their website and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Are all of their beers really good or is there something in particular they do that's awesome? I've never heard of them so I'm curious as to the reason for the excitement.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Per Rockwell's FB page, SA is withholding BB6 unless Rockwell commits to having a permanent SA tap. Maybe this is smart business but it really rubs me the wrong way. Local craft breweries should not be bullying restaurants - this seems like something AB would do. As more and more breweries come online (or come to TX) this kind of thing is only going to get worse.

I don't think it's bullying. Bishop's Barrel beers were designed to help and promote restaurants and bars who do the same for Saint Arnold. I always viewed it as nod to industry peers. Why would you want to allot a case to a place that doesn't carry you on tap? Not a SA fanboy, but they're still the largest brewery in Houston.
cc10106
I don't think Rockwell has permanent taps for any breweries, much less for SA.
cc10106
Sounds like SA needs some more competition in Houston.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
not sure if Rockwell's has announced this yet or not, however they're saving their keg of Clown Lounge for their Karbach beer dinner scheduled for March 31st.
First Page Last Page
Page 382 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.