Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,706 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Also saw on twitter that Prairie's Vanilla and Coffee Noirs got TABC clearance and should start shipping to Texas next week.

For the Houston folk, I'll trade some Pliny the Elder for these new noirs if anyone has interest.
BSD
AG
Tonight's beer was on the left. What a treat and a nice ending to a great weekend!

(I couldn't do two beers so were keeping the Huna Brandy here in Cal til this fall)
jetch17
AG
Yessir
Bmac04
txag2008
AG
quote:
Drinking a growler of Lakewood Raspberry Temptress. It's a session beer tonight.

Was a big fan of the raspberry temptress, even more so than the BBA raspberry version.
AggieOO
Saw yhat odells is coming to texas in a little over a week.
NColoradoAG
Yesterday's tasting. Alesmith growler was Vietnamese Speedway Stout. Black Tuesday was french pressed with a cup of fresh toasted coconut and a vanilla bean. Decent. Chocolate Rain was french pressed with 4ozs each of blackberries and raspberries. Bomb.

Grey Monday is really, really good. Dat hazelnut scented wax. I've decided the black Tuesday variants are all appreciably better than the base barrel aged beer.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 2/16/2014 11:36a).]
Hub05
AG
Wow, nice Saturday for the folks on this board.
turfman80
AG
Heads up for the traders here. If you are a hophead, try to land some fresh Project Dank from La Cumbre Brewing in New Mexico. My top beer of 2014 so far.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24659/110259/
maca1028
Looking at hay merchants menu, I think I know where I'm having dinner
Jock 07
AG
Picked these up yesterday

The Beer and I
A little orange wax Bomb to finish off the weekend.
defroach
My beer haul from Portland back to Austin. My wife was NOT impressed by this. She also could not check her bag back since I used all her bag space for beer and she had to carry all her stuff aboard.

Either way, I win. I will pay for it later.

And my cellar now....

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 2/17/2014 1:29a).]
CollinAB
AG
Well **** you. That looks pretty awesome.
jetch17
AG
Damn, son
BSD
Ranger222
AG
Holy crap
spadilly
big-ag
AG
Makes my single fridge look awfully inferior.
BQ78
AG
Jock:

Where did you get the Sucaba, I thought it was all gone is it back?
bevokilla
AG
I finished the last of my enjoy by on Saturday the 15th. 14 Enjoy Bys in 10 days was a good run.
jh0400
AG
It's BB6 day. Pumpkinator aged in Appleton rum barrels.
defroach
quote:
Jock:

Where did you get the Sucaba, I thought it was all gone is it back?

I saw it on the shelf in Portland. I think it showed back up last week in other states....
Jock 07
AG
Yeah apparently it hit the shelves here last week while I was up in steamboat. Called around town and most were sold out already but did find one spot who still had a couple bottles
La Fours
AG
Impressive defroach. Very nice collection.
jetch17
AG
teh internets suggest the Houston boners are out chasing clown lounge and rumkinator BB today
62strat
AG
Good idea for a growler.. from Rockwells!

"This flexi-growler is perfect for all your outdoor activities this spring. It can be taken places where glass bottles and aluminum cans can’t go. On top of that, it is lighter than glass or metal and can fold flat when you empty it. This pouch does not let air or light in so your beer is the freshest possible. The QR code lets you can scan and look at our draught offerings on your smart phone. So, before your next spring outing, come see us at Rockwell and get one of these flexi-growlers. And just like your traditional growlers, these can be refilled!"
62strat
AG
Parker payless in Parker, CO had Scubaca. I picked up a bottle, think I may pick up another one.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I just walked into heb and asked the distributor that was there stocking the fridge if he had any clown lounge. He said yep, and took me into the back of the store. He asked how many bottles I wanted and I asked how many I could have. He said I could have the whole case.

He got the forklift, pulled the pallet down from the shelf, then we started tearing the shrink wrap off to get the case out.

He gets the case, opens it up and happily hands me a bottle. Turns ou it was rodeo clown and he misunderstood what I was asking. He felt bad
jetch17
EFE
AG
I bet you both thought y'all were badasses for a breif moment. Then... womp, womp...
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I felt stupid, he felt bad. It was just a really awkward/bad situation all the way around.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I just walked into heb and asked the distributor that was there stocking the fridge if he had any clown lounge. He said yep, and took me into the back of the store. He asked how many bottles I wanted and I asked how many I could have. He said I could have the whole case.

He got the forklift, pulled the pallet down from the shelf, then we started tearing the shrink wrap off to get the case out.

He gets the case, opens it up and happily hands me a bottle. Turns ou it was rodeo clown and he misunderstood what I was asking. He felt bad

LMAO.
aggiez71
Is there anymore Clown Lounge left anywhere in CS?

I fail to understand how it releases today, and everyone sold out last week. Beer comes out the 17th, and its gone on the 13th. So stupid. I went to both Specs, and the HEB on 40 and Texas, and no one had any, said they sold it all last week.
jah003
S
Only Matt Chow walks out with a case of clown lounge...
First Page Last Page
Page 381 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.