Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,659,018 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by maca1028
cpscAG06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bthotugigem05,

yes, had it last night. It was pretty good. Hints of Raspberry
Echoes97
AG
Southern Tier's "Choklat" is freaking amazing also! I find it better than Creme Brulee, but only marginally, and only because it's a little less sweet.

Did a couple of home brews last weekend with my brewing bud, and if one comes out we're going to enter in Karbach's home brew competition. We did a Blood Orange Lager and a Sweet Potato Ale. Split the lager into two primaries, one w/ Belgian Lager Yeast, and one w/ Zurich Lager Yeast, we'll see which one wins!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jetch17
AG
Been drinking Sculpin on tap this afternoon at BRC. Also had Abyss on tap for a nice dessert along with Choklat and 007 Hellfighter
Green Fairy
AG
Bought that same deal strat posted a fee months back. It's a hell of a deal at half off. Reminds me that I still need to fire it up.
Jock 07
AG
BCBS on tap this afternoon for me
62strat
AG
Jock, NOCO.. Falling rock has their 'problem free' procedure up:
http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/category/pliny-the-younger/

Last years tappings.. likely pretty similar this year.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/beer/2013/02/15/pliny-the-younger-returns-to-colorado/8468/#more-8468

I did Cheeky Monk on Colfax last year, I wanna say on the Thurs. Got there at 5:30ish, and my uncle and I were 2nd and 3rd tickets handed out, mostly empty place and bar. Got a spot at the bar right by the tap. We were first to be served at 6:30.

By 6:30 it was packed, and all tickets gone.

Of course, we wh0red around the tap handle for pics.
dave99ag
AG
Valentine's beers at Obannon's with the wife and then opening day at Olsen. Not a bad day at all.
CollinAB
AG
Had some Valentine's beers at O'Bannon's with the girlfriend. Mephistopheles' on tap ain't bad.
The Beer and I
Is it safe to post yet, or is BSD gonna make my Enjoy By I'm having tonight look like OE?
CollinAB
AG
It's always risky with BSD. Every time I think I'm having something great, he shows up with something better.
BSD
AG
No beer for me tonight, gentleman. But the wine thread should rock here in about an hour or two.
DaveHimself
AG
Lagunitas delivers a good inexpensive beer again. This one is really malty and boozy.
Mustang1
AG
Yeah tough to beat for $4
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:
Picked up an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti and "Southern Tier Creme Brule" yesterday. Anyone had either of these beers?

Also saw on twitter that Prairie's Vanilla and Coffee Noirs got TABC clearance and should start shipping to Texas next week.

I've had the Creme Brulee and it is pretty damn good.

I have to disagree...I have been rather disappointed by many of their brews...their DIPA was about the worst and sorriest excuse for the style I have had....creme brulee smelled exactly like the name, but the taste faded as the novelty wore off...etcetc...

To their credit...Choklat is FANTASTIC...and might make up for the other stuff that was so disappointing
turfman80
AG
Enjoying some fresh El Cumbre from a Sante Fe trader. Cheers!
Jock 07
AG
I'm actually off next weekend, might have to drop the wife off at castle rock outlets and hit up falling rock. With them opening at 11 what time should I get there? Stopped by trinity today and found out that they probably won't get any this year due to some falling out with the distributor or some stupid ****
MW03
AG
finally had my bomb to celebrate dinner. it was great as expected. this creme brulee is good, but not great. Pumking still owns my heart as far as Southern Tier goes.
jah003
S
Seemed appropriate for today...

Paired nicely with the truffles the chef sent home with us at dinner tonight...
MW03
AG
goodness. a glass of white wine, a bottle of bomb! and a bomber of creme brulee, and i'm feeling it.
CollinAB
AG
I think I'm holding off on my Bomb! until tomorrow. But I don't know if I'll be able to resist.
spadilly
S
Clown shoes hoppy feet 1.5 and 2/3 a bottle of wine tonight.

I'm dizzy.
cpscAG06
AG
excellent choice Jacob
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I need more Atrial Rubicite. That stuff was legit. And to top it off, I was sharing the bottle and gave someone a taste out of my last glass to try and convince them that beer isn't all the same and they misunderstood my intent and kept it. Thus, I need someone in Austin to pick me up more at some point. Gonna have to get on that.
NColoradoAG
Jock, I think you'd be good if you got there by 10.
jetch17
AG
Growler of yellow rose for the awesome weather today

BSD
AG
Best growler ever.
CollinAB
AG
That growler kicks ass. Is that a Petrol Station address I see on the bottom?

Also, my Bomb! couldn't last. Had to dig into it now.
jetch17
AG
Yeah petrol did the BMF growlers a while back and I nabbed one ... Got the YR fill at Rockwells
streetfighter2012
AG
Drinking Jester King's Aurelian Lure, the apricot sour they released in the fall. Starts off pretty sour but as it warms the apricot comes through more and more.
The Beer and I
Having a Jester King Wytchmaker. This was one of the first Jester King's I saw years ago. I can't believe it took me this long to try it, it's awesome!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Speaking of Rockwells, if anyone wants to hit them up this week when they tap their Clown Lounge I plan to be there. Will get you VIP service
jetch17
AG
Scissor me timbers
jah003
S
Stuff got real tonight... At a bar for $25, yes please...

La Fours
AG
Yessir

army01
AG
$25 at a bar? not bad!

Drinking a growler of Lakewood Raspberry Temptress. It's a session beer tonight.

First Page Last Page
Page 380 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.