Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,392 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by 62strat
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
anyone know where I can still find some BBA Temptress around Houston??

I don't think this made it down to Houston.
Ags #1
AG
Specs had their release last Friday. It sold out real quick.
maca1028
Sounds like you found a good prospect on the bcbs barleywine jock
gordo97
AG
whole foods katy tapped a keg of bourbon county last night...... it was floated by the time I got there.... I missed it by an hour dang it
aggiejz
AG
Petrol Station had a keg of Firestone Walker 17th Anniversary - which I haven't really seen on tap anywhere else - that lasted for 4 days and briefly into today. Gotta love the Houston Hype Train.. Don't hype up a beer like crazy and it might actually last more than a day!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
You can blame Twitter/Spec's Beer Department/Divine Reserves/spreadsheets/etc. Even threads like this.

Everyone is responsible. Petrol led the hype monger for BB1 if I can remember. It is what it is.
jh0400
AG
My earliest recollection of the Houston hype machine was a DR release. That **** used to be wild.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Spec's Beer Department

They're the biggest offenders, to me. I'd really love to see what would happen if, instead of blowing up Twitter with hype, they just simply put the beer on shelves for their next 1 or 2 big releases. They won't do it, because they love the hype, but I'd be very curious to see how long that would allow a beer to last, as opposed to the 30 minutes to an hour or 2 they've seemed to average on a lot lately.

I don't think I look at threads like this on the same level in terms of driving hype as I do what Spec's and some others do on Twitter. There's a lot of reasons for that, and I'll spare typing them all out right now.
bmc13
AG
the hype machine is so aggravating. there was no way I could ever make it to specs for any of the special releases due to work, and I know a lot of other people are the same. It's definitely a good way for them to get sales but it has completely turned me off the whole special release scene.
gordo97
AG
just picked up Adelbert's Barrel of Love at whole foods on westheimer/wilcrest...... it was $12.99
Sooner Born
Headed to the Minnesota Winterfest tonight. Lots of special releases to be had.

maca1028
Jester King tomorrow, anybody else going?
Bmac04
AG

Fedex man was good to me today!
The Beer and I
BBA Temptress was at the Specs downtown last Friday, but I didn't get a chance to go because of the ice.

Whole Foods in Katy had their anniversary party yesterday, with BCBS, Somewhere, Sucks, and others on tap. I also won a bottle of FW 17th anniversary as a door prize.
jah003
S
quote:
Fedex man was good to me today!

I see your FedEx man and raise you a guy in brown shorts...

A shoutout to BSD as well... Thanks for the "hookup". Excited to be able to get RR whenever I please.
bmc13
AG
wooo. found some lagunitas sucks
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Karbach rep at Texas Beer Garden in Magnolia with the last ferkin of Rodeo Clown. Says it's double dry hopped. He's an Ag class of 2011 too.
AggieOO
so this showed up today

jetch17
AG
I'm erect
AggieOO
jah - looks like we had similar days.
BSD
Green Fairy
AG
Snagged a couple JK Ol' Oi this evening at the midtown specs. Hoping for a trip to jk later in February coming or going from Fredericksburg. I'd like to get my hands on some atrial rubicite.
jah003
S
quote:
jah - looks like we had similar days.

That we did... Its amazing what a little JK will get ya. Was actually gonna go out to JK tonight and try to get some La Vie, but staying in and drinking a Pliny or two seemed a lot more fun.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Picked up some Sucks for the first time. Excited to try it out.
AggieOO
i hear you. I hit HH on the way home, so mine isn't cold yet, but its in the fridge!
ChopThemHorns
Where can I find this supplination?
AggieOO
so, i've said a thousand times that i'm not an IPA guy. I don't want my beer to taste like grass clippings. that said, Pliny is good.
La Fours
AG
Jah and AggieOO - what did y'all trade to get those returns?

Very nice.
maca1028
La Fours
AG
Oh and there will be another microbrewery in College Station by the end of the year. They are called Tree Farm Brewing. I attended a private tasting event tonight. They served a beer they called American Wheat, an IPA and and another IPA that was brewed using a different yeast. They were all very good beers. Should be in stores by the end of the year.
AggieOO
Jester King Sours.

i threw in some extras (New Glarus), but I think I came out ahead. I got more beer than I shipped.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 1/31/2014 10:21p).]
jah003
S
quote:
Jah and AggieOO - what did y'all trade to get those returns?

Very nice.

Same here, JK stuff. 2 Atrial's and 2 RU's. Also threw in a few extras and some glassware. I'm happy with it, most JK sours are a 30-40 minute drive away from me... RR, not so much.
BSD
AG
Good work, fellas. Drink some for me!
AggieOO
i have to get up early for a 2.5 hour ride tomorrow, but i finished a pliny and have to crack a blind pig. the ride might suck...
AggieOO
the blind pig is fantastic.
First Page Last Page
Page 372 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.