Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,959 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoying Founders Imperial Stout this evening. They have such a solid lineup.
JR Ewing
AG
quote:
Thanks for the heads up; my dog and I are going to try this next weekend.
You'll both be very happy you did...
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Odell's in Texas? Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking!

Have no fear. I brought it back from Colorado months ago, and never drank it for some reason. Unfortunately no Odell's in Tx....yet. I'd sure go for a Myrcenary right about now.

I read a month or two ago that Odell should
enter the texas market some time this year.

---looks like Army beat me to it. Can't wait for Odell to drop in Houston. Hopefully the distribution will be similar to firestone walker, at minimum.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 1/11/2014 9:26p).]
BSD
AG
Myrcenary is indeed a great beer. Dare I say that it'll be the best DIPA available in Texas once it arrives?
BSD
AG
My first Supplication in months. This was the first sour I ever had and it is still my favorite to this day. Life is good, people, enjoy it.

jetch17
Sooner Born
Supplication was my first and favorite as well. I got into them just before the 2011 GABF. At the festival I sought out mostly sours and learned that my stomach does not appreciate Brett as much as my taste buds do.
jetch17
AG
Brett butt the next day
Sooner Born
More like Brett stomach. First time I puked the morning after in a long time.
62strat
AG
Went to the Vail big brews, Belgians and barleywines festival today. Sampled about 35, including Utopias, several crooked stave, 2011 and 2014 SN Bigfoot, DFH olde English barley wine (poured by Sam himself), several high ABV Avery, some bourbon county and many others. Great festival, only a couple hundred people, and of course, all big beers.

Tx slipped in some representation, St. A with bishop 2 and DR 13, and karbach with rodeo clown, the black ipa and another I can't remember.

I was tracking in untappd, don't think I missed one.
Utopias wins highest abv at 28%. Had several near the 20% mark.

Makes for a drunk and early night when you factor in 9000' elevation.

My uncle won two silver homebrew medals, one for American barley wine and one for eisbock. His brew club took home 10 medals.

Edit: NOCO I see you posted on the last page. I'll have to put up my empty bottle pic from my aunt and uncles condo. 10 people, all very big drinkers. We have about 30 bombers on the counter from two nights. Several of them home brews that were better than commercial offerings. Two of the guys here have major accolades in homebrewing. One guy won proam with The Bruery. They flew him out to CA to assist in up scaling the batch and his beer was sold commercially, another guy has won home brewer of the year twice and is well known across commercial brewing community for his sours. He's opening up a brewery in denver soon.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 1/11/2014 11:00p).]
cpscAG06
AG
Jester King Ol` Oi' tonight. Delicious
Jock 07
AG
quote:
He's opening up a brewery in denver soon.

Keep us updated. Might have to check this out next year, hopefully my work schedule will be a bit more malleable by then.
army01
AG
For those interested in Odell's to Texas, follow their Texas rep... @OBCTexas
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Myrcenary is indeed a great beer. Dare I say that it'll be the best DIPA available in Texas once it arrives?

I'd say yes on this. It's excellent. Although I don't recommend using it to play the card game Ride the Bus, at altitude no less. Talk about poor decisions..
txaggie05
AG
Drinking the Broncos to victory with CO brews...Myrcenary and now a Ten Fidy
maca1028
Trappistes Rochefort 10
NColoradoAG
quote:
Edit: NOCO I see you posted on the last page. I'll have to put up my empty bottle pic from my aunt and uncles condo. 10 people, all very big drinkers. We have about 30 bombers on the counter from two nights. Several of them home brews that were better than commercial offerings. Two of the guys here have major accolades in homebrewing. One guy won proam with The Bruery. They flew him out to CA to assist in up scaling the batch and his beer was sold commercially, another guy has won home brewer of the year twice and is well known across commercial brewing community for his sours. He's opening up a brewery in denver soon.

Lol, I knew that was you on the volunteer list! You need to check in here more often because I was trying to set something up with you a couple pages back!

Glad you had a good time. It was a great festival as usual. Captain Lawrence and Surly were my favorites from outside of CO. The drive up and down sucked.

I've met Bryan Pramov a couple times at tastings in Denver. Really good guy. The homebrewer I was up with took a silver and bronze in sour and Belgian specialty.
Jock 07
AG
defroach
Odells is officially entering TX somewhere around Feb 22nd (I believe that was the date - end of Feb area).
Two Down
AG
Was pretty active this weeknend. Took a couple beers up to my buddy's ranch for his birthday. Here is what we went through:

-Pliny the Elder
-Avery Maharaja
-Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
-The Bruery Beauregarde (blueberry sour - excellent beer, even if my gutter-palate friends did not appreciate it)

I had brought a few more, but we didn't get to those. When I got home, I was still very much on a sour kick, so I took down a Supplication of my own (always damn delicious) and also an Almanac Farmer's Reserve No. 3 (strawberry sour). All were great.
maca1028
Looks like Hellfighter is hitting shelves today around Houston today
BSD
AG
BBA Hellfighter? The Will Johnson guy on another thread was asking about those.
BSD
AG
Nice two down. I've never had that Bruery Beauregarde before. May search it out someday when I can drink again.
WorkBoots09
AG
Visited the Community Beer Company in Dallas this weekend. I sampled their usual offerings: Public Ale, Mosaic IPA (delicious), Pale Ale. I also had their Belgian strong dark Inspiration. Very tasty, and actually paired well with the Cuban food truck's stuff. Also on special release this weekend was their Winter spiced ale Regalement. Wow in a glass. Also had their new release Ascension Coffee Porter made with locally roasted coffee beans. Holy shiet. That beer alone will bankrupt me.

Also had Southern Tier's Iniquity (meh to okay) and Anubis Coffee Porter (pretty good).
62strat
AG
quote:
Lol, I knew that was you on the volunteer list! You need to check in here more often because I was trying to set something up with you a couple pages back!

Damn, I see that now back on Wed. I was busy last week; worked 8 hours Wed morning, on a plane to Houston by 3pm, flew back to denver after lunch on Friday and went straight out to Vail.

I was pissed they didn't give volunteers glasses until start of festival. My aunt and uncle said they've never done that. Always had a glass about an hour or so before line was let in. It was the only reason they've volunteered the set-up.

Don't think we'll do that again. I'll do sorting in December. You get 2 credits, so a free ticket.

Sam (With Adam Avery just behind me to left.)

The damage from Fri/Sat night. 10 people one night, 6 the other.
Front row:

Back row:

maca1028
quote:

No, just the regular one. Although, I thought Bodacious was coming out this week
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

No, just the regular one. Although, I thought Bodacious was coming out this week

It's not Bodacious. It's Clown Lounge or some **** like that. I was wondering when someone was going to do something about the shortage of BBA beers.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 1/13/2014 12:31p).]
DaveHimself
AG
Nice Workboots. I plan to get by Community next month
Sooner Born
Big fan of Community
Jock 07
AG
Anybody else stopping by CS tomorrow for the nightmare on Brett release? Planning on stopping in on the way back from skiing tomorrow afternoon
BSD
AG
New batch of Nightmare? I guess that won't be on the reserve list this year then.
NColoradoAG
Nightmare has always been a public release. They've done some single barrel and grand Cru versions for the cellar reserve.
BSD
AG
Ah! Well now I know. Mine are grand Cru aged in Leopold bros whiskey barrels. Thanks for the info.
Jock 07
AG
Also any of y'all been to Mr B's? If so, How's their selection?
NColoradoAG
Mr Bs is good. A little expensive, but great selection. Scott is one of the best beer buyers in Denver. Plus he doesn't pull any bull****. He posts everything he gets to Facebook and sells it first come, first served.
First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.