Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,970 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Professor Frick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got back from an afternoon at the new Sierra Nevada Torpedo Tasting Room that opened up down the street. Great selection of standards seasonals and 'auditions'. Picked up a growler of their Session IPA. Great beers, **** service. C'est la vie.
jetch17
AG
Found this ho laying around the beer cabinet

Vernada
AG
Blech
jetch17
AG
Yeah, I was never originally a fan, happy some of the smokiness subsided over time, though

Just cleanin out the etc brews
Hub05
AG
Some great friends were kind enough to share some beer for a little tasting at the house this afternoon in order to celebrate our new family addition and a buddies PhD.

The damage:
Hunahpu 10-13 Vertical + Cali Brandy
It was absolutely incredible to taste the bottle variation. Even though it was cellared properly, the 10 was way past its prime. The '11 is possibly the best beer I have ever had and the '12 was a pepper bomb. CCB needs to start bottling the '11 mixed with the Cali Brandy, which was unfairly good.

After the Huna's we popped a few other good bottles. Final Damage included Huna, Black Tuesday, Swamphead Congac BA Barley Wine, Prarire Noir, Mother of All Storms, and Berserker.

The Beer and I
Had some Toppling Goliath Golden Nugget and Tallgrass Ethos and 8-Bit from a friend that travelled to Iowa. All good stuff, but that toppling goliath was ridiculous.
jetch17
AG
BSD, cheers to mr renfro

NColoradoAG
That looks like a nice tastin, Hub. Just saw that pic posted over on talkbeer too.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
IPA night continues with my first ever Sculpin.

Picked up my first sixer of Sculpin myself last night. Maybe my new favorite IPA. So well balanced, I could drink these all day.

As a big fan of Sculpin, I'd also recommend Uinta Hop Notch/Hop Nosh. A kick ass beer in cans for about half the price of Sculpin.
army01
AG
quote:
I haven't been able to find Karbach in Dallas.

The Specs on 75 had some cans...not sure if the still do. Might be able to get some at Lone Star. No FUN series for us....
BSD
AG
Nice work, Hub!!!
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD, cheers to mr renfro

Haha, that poor *******.
CollinAB
AG
Welp. I was a groomsman at a wedding so I had to drink what they had there. Lone Star and Shiner Bock. It's ok. I'm drunk as hell. It served its purpose. Had a Prairie Noir the other night, though. It was excellent.
oneoutofmany
AG
Relatively new to the finer brews. With that, anyone seen any Temptress or Abyss on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex?
62strat
AG
quote:
I have and never will touch another pink bottle abortion after the bacon/maple one
I still have a bottle of the banana chocolate peanut butter one. It sounds so good on paper. I guess I won't get my hopes up.
La Fours
AG
62strat, seriously just chalk it up to a poor decision and pour it down the drain. Not even worth drinking.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Had Prairie Noir and Black Butte XXIII at Hay Merchant tonight. Both solid.
Sooner Born
quote:
quote:
I have and never will touch another pink bottle abortion after the bacon/maple one
I still have a bottle of the banana chocolate peanut butter one. It sounds so good on paper. I guess I won't get my hopes up.

Had that one too on NYE...also underwhelming.
La Fours
AG
quote:

BB23?

Nice.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Apparently we missed the last bottle of 2011 Abyss by a few hours.
jah003
S
So... My flight was cancelled today. Stuck in Chicago until Tuesday Morning. Just glad I have some New Glarus with me. Gonna ride this one out in the hotel... There is no way I'll be going outside tomorrow.
army01
AG
quote:
Relatively new to the finer brews. With that, anyone seen any Temptress or Abyss on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex?

Central Market on Hulen had a Temptress out as late as last Thursday and an Abyss as late as 12/23. Would image they are out. Might try Kings on Berry and maybe even Specs on Eastchase....
army01
AG
quote:

23 was damn good. Might kill for another bottle of that one.
ORAggieFan
quote:
Apparently we missed the last bottle of 2011 Abyss by a few hours.
I have a few 2011 and a 2009 in my fridge.
La Fours
AG
Would you trade a couple of bombs for one of your 2011's?
ORAggieFan
Just checked, just one 2011 and two 2009. I'd part with a 2009. Also have a Black Butte XXIV I could throw in and maybe something else. Shoot me a txt tomorrow.
NColoradoAG
2009 Abyss is widely infected. Trade at your own risk.
army01
AG
Last beers for a few weeks were consumed last night. Time for a bit of a detox.

ORAggieFan
quote:
2009 Abyss is widely infected. Trade at your own risk.

Didn't know that. I've drank 4 of 6 w/o issue, but wouldn't want to send them to others based on the risk.

2009 was tough year for Deschutes.
aggiejz
AG
quote:

Yeah, I'm taking the next 10 days off to detox a bit before I go over to Europe for 5 days. 10 days sans beer for me is like an eternity these days. Withdrawals may occur.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

Doing the same thing starting tomorrow. Will try to post a graveyard pic of what I kill off tonight. Aiming for a dry (remainder of) January.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, I'll probably be on the wagon for the next month or so. I'll pick up some noir and what ever else gets released here in B/CS, but won't be drinking. Need to shed some lbs.
gordo97
AG
for all the BBA fans like myself, I found this at Specs on westheimer/Kirkwood.... they had a couple of cases left..... I hope this will be supplied on a regular basis!

maca1028
I pretty much worked through the holidays, only bender was New Year's Eve. I'm about to go get some noir and whatever else I can find to close of the cfb season
TxKng82
AG
quote:
for all the BBA fans like myself, I found this at Specs on westheimer/Kirkwood.... they had a couple of cases left..... I hope this will be supplied on a regular basis!

[img]http://whiskeynose.com/images/Kentucky-Bourbon-Barrel-Ale-4-Pack.jpg [/img]

I've been seeing that around but haven't bothered to get any since it seemed like a lighter ale aged in bourbon barrels and I tend to like darker brews when aged. Pretty good I'm assuming?
First Page Last Page
Page 358 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.