Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,357 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FancyKetchup14
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought I saw some at the Bay Area specs.
streetfighter2012
AG
Popped open my first bottle of 2013bourbon county. Definetly in my top 5 for the year.

Jetch- I picked up a bottle of racer x before Christmas at the specs on 290 and jones. I haven't been back since though.

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 12/30/2013 8:46p).]
Hub05
AG
Nice list NorCol
maca1028
Started with prairie somewhere and finishing with ten fidy
The Beer and I
quote:
Started with prairie somewhere and finishing with ten fidy

Both great beers, I like your style.
maca1028
Found the ten fidy in the back of the fridge, nice surprise, and a friend of mine just dropped off a growler of enchanted rock red ale from Fredericksburg. Gonna be a good New Years!
army01
AG
quote:
Some Racer X tonight. And I liked Dayman too, but I'm a sucker for IPAs and coffee beers.

Drinking my last Racer X tonight, as well.

And Dayman was the tits. Third best Collaboration I have had, behind RRBC/Avery "Collaboration, Not Litigation" and Stone "Mint Chocolate Stout"
Ags #1
AG
Saw plenty of racer x and dowtown specs yesterday
WorkBoots09
AG
Bought a 6 of Velvet Merlin at the local bottle shop, and though I liked it, I think it gave me heartburn last night.

Also had Resin for the first time. They aren't kidding about the 100+ IBU's. Still pretty good though.
Jock 07
AG
Had a petrus aged pale last night.
AggieOO
Hamricks is pulling a bunch of cellared bottles out at 5 today for sale. I can't even imagine how expensive they will be since they bend you over on their regular stuff...but i'll be heading there regardless.
jah003
S
quote:
Hamricks is pulling a bunch of cellared bottles out at 5 today for sale. I can't even imagine how expensive they will be since they bend you over on their regular stuff...but i'll be heading there regardless.

I thought about going over there as well, but just can't justify it with the prices I know they'll be charging. Plus, my trip up to Chicago/Wisconsin will most likely destroy my budget for the month. I am curious as to what they'll be charging for some of that stuff, though...
BSD
AG
Where are you going in Chicago?
jah003
S
quote:
Where are you going in Chicago?

I'll be flying into Midway and staying with a friend in Bartlett (about an hour west). Bartlett looks pretty barren as far as beer goes, so I'm hoping we can make a little pit stop between the airport. I'll also be in Green Bay for a few days... So I'll certainly be stocking up on New Glarus.
AggieOO
if you can pick up Stone Soup, it is pretty solid. Of course Spotted Cow is always a "go to."
BSD
AG
You're going the wrong way!!! In the city is where all of the action is. If you get a chance, at least head to Kuma's Corner for some kick ass burgers and beers before heading west. It's about 20 minutes from MDW.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Phischy, I respect your unabashed hatred of Stone. Like I said, I'm a sucker for coffee beers and really enjoyed that brew.

Stone is a brewery that just kills me. Way back when, they were fantastic when Lee Chase was the head brewer. Then Stone made a decision: Lets make lots of money vs. focusing on making world class beer.

Lee Chase quit over that and has since opened Blind Lady Alehouse and Tiger!Tiger!, he's back to brewing again and is killing it with his brewpub releases.

Now Stone has 2 breweries and is doing a ton of pub-only releases that are hit or miss, but the Collab series they do is 90% average crap swill. It must be some sort of hope I have that they will start cranking out good beers as I keep sampling them at bars only to step into a coma of self loathing for wasting valuable calories and liver capacity on Stone's crapola.

And just when you think all is lost...they finally make a fantastic beer: Enjoy By. Which starts the whole cycle over again that they've turned the corner and will keep pace with the other great beer now being produced in San Diego.

Except they don't.

I don't drink coffee, but I love coffee beers. Dayman was a stinker. But if you liked it you should seek out Naughty Sauce. Also a zymurgy abortion along the same vein.

[This message has been edited by Phischy (edited 12/31/2013 10:12a).]
Duff09
If anyone is still looking for bourbon county the nice lady,Celeste, at Randall's on gessner and westheimer has one 4 pack left. It is in the closet.
Duff09
Sorry double post...

[This message has been edited by Duff09 (edited 12/31/2013 12:46p).]
jetch17
AG
NYE could very likely be a sh*tshow! The calm before the storm...

Sooner Born
ORAggieFan - just realized you are in San Diego. I just discovered Ballast Point in the last month or so. That Sculpin IPA is incredible. Easily my favorite IPA right now.
La Fours
AG
Nice Jetch!!
Sooner Born
Jetch - you might want to start drinking water now. Helps with the hangover.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Heb bunker hill has prolly a dozen racer x bombers on the shelf. FYI.
jh0400
AG
Finally trying Prairie Somewhere. I like it.
jah003
S
quote:
NYE could very likely be a sh*tshow! The calm before the storm...

You taking that down all by yourself? If so... *slow clap*...

That Abyss is really nice right now, btw... Easily the best beer I've had in a month or so.

I've got to catch a flight tomorrow morning, so not a lot of drinking tonight. Although, I hate flying... so I could always just show up to the airport drunk right?
jetch17
AG
I'm just going with whatever grabs me tonight ... Not sayin I'll do all of it, but some nice options that's for sure. I think the dark lord needs to go down for sure, though!
Vernada
AG
007 BA Hellfighter will be the only special beer.
jh0400
AG
Kroger at Kirby and Main still has a ton of 007, FYI.

I'm going to be pissed when Bodacious and Roll in the Hay sell out before I'm able to get any after this **** has sat so long.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 12/31/2013 5:25p).]
tremble
AG
How is the 007? Drink now or save for later?

Also picked up some FBS, good lord that stuff is nice.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

if you like bourbon in your beer, then try 007 now. however, if you're like me, when I had 007 fresh it was too much and way heavy on the bourbon. Then I had 003 on Christmas at about 9 months aged and it was PERFECT. AMAZING

Another option is to get two, drink one now, and save one for the fourth of July or next holiday season
aggiechris06
AG
also, FBS is so Damn good...agreed

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 12/31/2013 6:22p).]
jetch17
AG
Away we go!

Y'all be safe!
AggieOO
skipped the hamrick's cellar sale so that I wouldn't have to eat ramen for the next 6 months.

not sure what all i'm drinking tonight, but I'll start easy until kickoff.
Vernada
AG
quote:
quote:

if you like bourbon in your beer, then try 007 now. however, if you're like me, when I had 007 fresh it was too much and way heavy on the bourbon. Then I had 003 on Christmas at about 9 months aged and it was PERFECT. AMAZING

Another option is to get two, drink one now, and save one for the fourth of July or next holiday season

That's what I've done every time. Have a 3, 5, and 7 in the fridge.
First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.