Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,603 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
aggiechris06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP or asked a thousand times, but are there any more shipments of BOMB! coming to houston?? wasn't sure if it was seasonal or not...and if so if it was one and done...

...After tasting it at petrol this week, I gotta find some more if possible. ..that stuff is FANTASTIC and would love to have it for NYE
defroach
It is seasonal...I doubt more will be showing up this year...
defroach
I finally got around to reorganizing my cellar today/yesterday.

Now, I have more shelf space to fill up.

EDIT: What is in it right now:
http://www.cellarhq.com/cellar/aschwab

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 12/28/2013 10:36p).]
jetch17
AG
Sweet fancy moses
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

Holy crap...I hope one day I have a beer room...
defroach
quote:

Hell, I hope to have a beer room one day as well. I am content with my beer closet for now...I don't want to push my wife much more on this subject at this moment. Luckily, the closet is attached to my sports room so it is easy access for beer while watching football.
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:

Easy, just keep buying beer after you have a newborn and your wife will make sure you have plenty of room for beer in your new apartment.
defroach
quote:

Easy, just keep buying beer after you have a newborn and your wife will make sure you have plenty of room for beer in your new apartment.

Wait...so you are saying that you have a kid and your wife will let you have your own apartment and drinking are...you know...for space reasons? That seems like a good deal.
La Fours
AG
Very nice defroach. That's impressive
aggiejz
AG
Hay Merchant is rotating rows of beers for $1 today.. So far I've had BFM 225, Prairie Noir, Piraat, and Firestone Walker Porter all for a buck each. Best bar tab ever?
MW03
AG
Do y'all get much of the Dallas brews in Houston?
aggiejz
AG
Depends on which ones. We get a decent amount of Deep Ellum & Rahr.. Getting some Community stuff now too. Don't get Peticolas or Revolver.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Hay Merchant is rotating rows of beers for $1 today.. So far I've had BFM 225, Prairie Noir, Piraat, and Firestone Walker Porter all for a buck each. Best bar tab ever?

WHAT?!?!?!

How long is this lasting??
Green Fairy
AG
Pretty sure it was 11a-2p. All the good stuff goes down when I leave town.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

They do this often??? I thought dollar beers only existed in ****tay bars serving bud...

...mind...blown.
BSD
AG
I had a third of a bottle of RRBC Framboise for a Cure last night. Man, I love that beer...and I love titties! So win, win.
jh0400
AG
quote:
RRBC Framboise for a Cure

Will that be available in April? I'd love to grab a few more when I'm out there.
BSD
AG
They release that beer in early October and it usually sells out in less than two weeks. I was lucky enough that a buddy was out there and got me a bottle.
jetch17
AG
quote:
I had a third of a bottle of RRBC Framboise for a Cure last night. Man, I love that beer...and I love titties! So win, win.

Fugg yeah
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
quote:

They do this often??? I thought dollar beers only existed in ****tay bars serving bud...

...mind...blown.

First time I've heard of them doing it for a dollar. Their regular happy hour every day of the week is 30 of their beers for $3 from 3-6p. That's nothing to shake a stick at considering the beers you can get.
BSD
AG
Had a few sips of Crooked Stave L'Brett d Blackberry at dinner tonight. Another great CS beer!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Just FYI... Randals @ BW8 & Memorial had mucho Goose Island Bourbon County and Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.
jetch17
AG
How much mucho BCBS? I can get sculpin anywhere, dwindling on my initial BCBS, though....
maca1028
Heading back from Palestine tomorrow, I plan on stopping by the heb at woodlands market. Scouting report will follow
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Just FYI... Randals @ BW8 & Memorial had mucho Goose Island Bourbon County and Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.

how much goose at what time?? if I am gonna haul over there early AM tomorrow I wanna know what my odds are
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

...mind...blown.

Brick house tavern has a couple dollar craft cans all the time during happy hour. In denver location it's new belgium shift and Oskar blues mamas little yells pils.

Also old chicago has 'mystery beer' durum happy hour for, well either $1 or $2 I can't remember. I've gotten ska brewing and some other CO brews before.

Mellow mushroom is $3 craft drafts during happy hour. Still really cheap.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

I have a 1300 Sqft beer room... It's called a basement! I just started to put stuff down there.
Ags #1
AG

[This message has been edited by Ags #1 (edited 12/30/2013 12:24a).]
dave99ag
AG
Macs, I've never found the HEB on Market Street to be that good. I go to Hubbell & Hudson instead. I do always swing through the beer aisle at HEB in case they have something unique.
maca1028
I'll try Hubbell out Dave, thanks for the heads up
dave99ag
AG
Johnny is the beer guy there. Very helpful.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Tried Boulevard's BB Stout last night. Did not like it.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:

how much goose at what time?? if I am gonna haul over there early AM tomorrow I wanna know what my odds are

Holy Shiite!!

Thanks for the tip! As far as I know the last four pack in the store as I looked everywhere and finally found one sitting on a shelf all by itself without even a price tag nearby . I had nearly giving up as there was no one even around to ask about it. But as I was about to leave spot it and grabbed it faster than you can imagine...

... and even better because I saved $2.00 with my Randall's Card

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 12/30/2013 9:10a).]
jetch17
AG
Sh*t, knew it wouldn't last long, won't bother trotting over there today now
aggiechris06
AG
well, this brings my grand total to four bottles ever if it makes ya feel better...
First Page Last Page
Page 352 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.