Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,638,955 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by La Fours
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw this on FB.

Watch out guys. Some defective glass in their bottling.
dave99ag
AG
Thanks for the warning!

Picked up a bottle of Black Ops this morning at the Market Street HEB in The Woodlands. They only got a case and you have to ask for it. We only knew it was there because our normal beer guy from another store was there for it. Score!
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:
For those still looking, BCBS at Randall's on Westheimer and Shepherd. Beer manager gotta be trolling. Two left as of 5 minutes ago.

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 12/20/2013 8:46a).]

Damn... Anyone willingto grab one for me?? I will pay you back plus tip!

all gone...nuts....which one of yall got off work and beat me here??
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Lurkers, I bet.

Man, I can just give you a bottle from the pack I got this morning. Seems like you've been searching a while.

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 12/20/2013 1:55p).]
BSD
AG
BA says Kroger at Voss/San Felipe has 3 cases. That could be gone by now but if youre in the area, its worth a shot.
La Fours
AG
Dave, it's just out on the shelves at the two HEB's in College Station.
maca1028
Pearland HEB will have bcbs, ol oi, Fra gee lay, and prairie bomb tomorrow.
MW03
AG
If you're in North Dallas, Lonestar Beverages in Carrollton is releasing their stock of Black Ops at 6P tonight.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Pearland HEB will have bcbs, ol oi, Fra gee lay, and prairie bomb tomorrow.

ol oi was in the cooler yesterday when I went by...not even kept in the back...I could've grabbed 5 bottles easy
jh0400
AG
Tried BB2 Brett at Saint A today. IMO it's the best beer they've made. Too bad it was a mistake.
maca1028
I just got off the phone with the beer guy there and he asked if I had a reservation on Ol Oi, I almost hung up on him. I've never been asked to make a reservation on a bomber before. Either way I will probably still make the 45 minute truck out there in the morning.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Reservations, lists, bottleshop clubs...oh TX, you're just cutting your teeth on beer rarity stupidity. It gets way worse.
EFE
AG
Trying this out, first time I've seen new belgiums stuff down here
dave99ag
AG
Wife and I enjoying a BCBS tonight. Really good stuff!
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
I just got off the phone with the beer guy there and he asked if I had a reservation on Ol Oi, I almost hung up on him. I've never been asked to make a reservation on a bomber before. Either way I will probably still make the 45 minute truck out there in the morning.

I wonder if they pulled it from the shelves later after I left...seriously at least five bottles sitting there...would have grabbed some had I known...will know better next time
62strat
AG
I had no idea Jester king was in CO.. Picked up at lukas liquor in south denver.

joshwayne330
Picked up a Deschutes Abyss yesterday just because. Sounds interesting. Worth the hype? Drink fresh or cellar?
dave99ag
AG
Wait a little bit. Abyss even has a best after date on it.
maca1028
I have one abyss right now thanks to the beer and I, hope to pick up another tomorrow to cellar.
The Beer and I
quote:
I have one abyss right now thanks to the beer and I, hope to pick up another tomorrow to cellar.

If you miss out tomorrow, head back to C/S. HEB had tons of abyss and bomb when I was there last weekend. It's worth the day trip up there just to get Laynes, the abyss and bomb are just a bonus.
maca1028
quote:
It's worth the day trip up there just to get Laynes, the abyss and bomb are just a bonus.

Damn, you just had to bring up chicken fingers!
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:
It's worth the day trip up there just to get Laynes, the abyss and bomb are just a bonus.

Damn, you just had to bring up chicken fingers!

You can get chicken fingers any where. Only one place you can get the sauce and Texas toast to go with it!
maca1028
True
p-wonk01
AG
Prairie Bomb on tap at Trinity Hall in Mockingbird Station in Dallas
Bmac04
AG
Great way to start the weekend

Prairie Noir
Prairie Vanilla Noir
BCBS
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

If you miss out tomorrow, head back to C/S. HEB had tons of abyss and bomb when I was there last weekend. It's worth the day trip up there just to get Laynes, the abyss and bomb are just a bonus.

No more bomb at Holleman heb. Washbangers might have some though. And you can buy it to go there.
jah003
S
quote:
I'm in the ATX area, and always looking for an excuse to go to JK.

BQ08: Hey, don't know if you and aggiejz got together or not, but I'd be happy to meet up Sunday at JK. My group is planning to get out there around noon and probably stay until 3 - 3:30. Just shoot me an email sometime if your still interested: jah003 at shsu dot edu
Ags #1
AG
Anyone hit up the pearlad heb? Saw on twitter people started lining up at 9
La Fours
AG
quote:

Prairie Noir
Prairie Vanilla Noir
BCBS

Where did you find the Noir?
Ags #1
AG
About 8 4-packs of bcbs at krogers on main and kirby
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
quote:

Prairie Noir
Prairie Vanilla Noir
BCBS

Where did you find the Noir?

he is in OKC this weekend
BQ08
AG
Having a Saturday Sour Stoutoff:
BQ08
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm in the ATX area, and always looking for an excuse to go to JK.

BQ08: Hey, don't know if you and aggiejz got together or not, but I'd be happy to meet up Sunday at JK. My group is planning to get out there around noon and probably stay until 3 - 3:30. Just shoot me an email sometime if your still interested: jah003 at shsu dot edu

I think I'd be able to make it mid afternoon, around 1:30 or so. I'll shoot you an email here in a bit.
jah003
S
quote:
I think I'd be able to make it mid afternoon, around 1:30 or so. I'll shoot you an email here in a bit.

Sweet... just let me know.

Went by Sunrise Minimart's "cellar release" this afternoon and managed to snag this...

I'm a bit nostalgic about this beer since my last and only bottle exploded on me...

Also snagged another Abyss at the same cellar release today as well...
jh0400
AG
Spoke with the beer guys at HEB on Buffalo Speedway and Whole Foods on West Alabama, and they both expect to see Prairie Noir on Tuesday.
First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.