Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,077 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you plan on doing with that bottle after you're done?
La Fours
AG
HNIC - who was your question for?

aggiechris - I would trade the black ops for a bcbcs or one of the other variants. Not interested in any more of the bcbs.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anyone that bought a (512) 5 bottle.
Out in Left Field
AG
Top of fridge or shelf with other beer bottles and glasses.
Out in Left Field
AG
Hand written series number is pretty cool
Bmac04
AG
Thanks NoColoradoAG!

aggiechris06
AG
quote:

aggiechris - I would trade the black ops for a bcbcs or one of the other variants. Not interested in any more of the bcbs.

so you would trade your bcbs for Black Ops
jah003
S
quote:
If you're around on Friday there's a decent chance I'm gonna be in ATX.. Probably will hit up Jester King and Austin Beerworks.

Looks like I'll be at a work Christmas party Friday night... And everyone knows, there aint no party like a bunch of teachers celebrating the start of two weeks off... party...

Will you be around Saturday/Sunday?
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll trade you a BCBS if you can't find one. Username at gmail
BQ08
AG
quote:
quote:
If you're around on Friday there's a decent chance I'm gonna be in ATX.. Probably will hit up Jester King and Austin Beerworks.

Looks like I'll be at a work Christmas party Friday night... And everyone knows, there aint no party like a bunch of teachers celebrating the start of two weeks off... party...

Will you be around Saturday/Sunday?

I'm in the ATX area, and always looking for an excuse to go to JK.
jetch17
AG
Man I love this stuff

La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Probably not. It isn't because I don't like bcbs or prefer one over the other. The reason is I have bcbs now and would like to get something else.
La Fours
AG
This is good.

La Fours
AG
Jah, you still coming to town and want that Abyss?
maca1028
Looks like Odell's is getting closer, they apparently signed with a distributer today
La Fours
AG
Also I'm looking to get my hands on a (512) 5. Partially for the beer and partially for the bottle.
jah003
S
quote:
Jah, you still coming to town and want that Abyss?

Yep, should be down early afternoon on Monday (23rd). I can probably help you out with the (512) 5 as well...
The Beer and I
quote:
Also I'm looking to get my hands on a (512) 5. Partially for the beer and partially for the bottle.

Honestly, the bottle is better than the beer. The beer was ok, just a little underwhelming for me.
La Fours
AG
Sweet. Thanks jah. I'll take you up on that 512.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Honestly, the bottle is better than the beer. The beer was ok, just a little underwhelming for me.

Interesting. You're the second person I know who's tried it. I'll ask my other friend about it to see what he thinks.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Interesting. You're the second person I know who's tried it. I'll ask my other friend about it to see what he thinks.
maca1028
Central Market just tweeted that they have Ol Oi
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought it was pretty good... Nice and creamy with a coffee/cocoa flavor and a little dry Pecan-like finish. had it at Hay Merchant for $6.

Now, I will say that I passed on it at HEB as it was 18 bucks...I don't think the beer itself is worth the $18... but if you could convince growler places let you use that sweet bottle for miniature fills it would probably be worth it

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 12/18/2013 8:55p).]
txag2008
AG
What's so great about the bottle? Any pic of it?
La Fours
AG
The bottle could be used as a refillable growler for 22oz poors. It has a resealable flip top cap.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
What's so great about the bottle? Any pic of it?

made out of ceramic (I think) and has a flip top.lid
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
The bottle could be used as a refillable growler for 22oz poors. It has a resealable flip top cap.

22oz POORS huh?? Freudian slip
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

22oz POORS huh?? Freudian slip

****. My bad.

And I think the bottle is stoneware something or other. I tried to find a picture using my phone but not luck.
army01
AG
quote:
Man I love this stuff

Racer X is awesome...and the Cafe 15 is pretty damn good too.
BSD
AG
I love racer x. I remember bootlegging that back from Healdsburg when they first bottled it. I think they are about a year behind in getting that to TX but better late than never.
Bacardi Rambo
I heard bud lite was good
maca1028
quote:
Keep your piss water, mass brewed, generic crap out of here.
aggielax48
AG

Best picture I could find that shows the flip top lid. I too liked the bottle better than the beer but the beer was good. It was $14 at HEB in Austin. Might see if I can get another for the bottle.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saw Rogue had two beers in bottles like that last night but at $20 a pop I'm going to need a review on the beer.
La Fours
AG
So I know of 3 others besides The Beer and I who have tried 512 5th Anniversary. My friend and her husband really liked the beer. Not sure what my other friend thinks.
First Page Last Page
Page 342 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.