Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,618,705 Views | 62597 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So BSD, are you planning a trip up to RRBC for Pliny the Younger release in February?
Jock 07
AG
Starting out tonight with a Brown Shugga
jetch17
AG
Nice

Bmac04
Jock 07
AG
Up next

Just curious, how much do these run in Texas?
maca1028
Any of you guys ever had DFH Kvasir?
aggielax48
AG
$16. Ol oi is ok but I put it behind RU55 and Boxers. Funk Metal is my favorite but its a little different animal.
BQ08
AG
quote:
$16. Ol oi is ok but I put it behind RU55 and Boxers. Funk Metal is my favorite but its a little different animal.

If you get a chance, the JK brewery has funk metal for sale. Bought one last weekend.
maca1028
One of the ladies at JK told me that they should have ru55 back on the to go list very soon, out of the ones I tried last weekend that was my favorite. Brought home a bottle of funk metal but haven't cracked it open yet
BQ08
AG
They had a keg of Viking metal 3 weeks ago. Glad I got to try it. Looking forward to RU 55 being released again- it's probably one of their best.

[This message has been edited by BQ08 (edited 12/17/2013 9:01p).]
jah003
S
Speaking of Jester King...

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/

Bottle art is freakin' awesome (as is the beer as well I'm sure)! Gonna head out there Sunday to try this stuff and snag a bottle or two of Batch 3 Atrial...
gordo97
AG
Thanks for the offer jh0040 but I'm gonna try to score some bourbon county on Saturday like ninja posted..... And thanks for the info ninja
Jock 07
AG
Agree I did enjoy boxers better but at 19 bucks a pop decided to just try the ol oi since I hasn't had it yet
army01
AG
quote:
One of the ladies at JK told me that they should have ru55 back on the to go list very soon, out of the ones I tried last weekend that was my favorite. Brought home a bottle of funk metal but haven't cracked it open yet

Funk Metal is the tits
Tressels Vest
AG
Had a couple Leinenkugel Vanilla Porters tonight. Not bad. Of course not high end like you guys. That will change...
BSD
AG
quote:
Nice

That makes my taste buds tingle.
BSD
AG
quote:
So BSD, are you planning a trip up to RRBC for Pliny the Younger release in February?

Considering I can only drink one beer, it doesn't seem too smart to fly 2000 miles and get a car and hotel to sit in a brewpub for only an hour just to have a single Younger. But then again, I never claimed to be smart. So yeah, I'll go.
defroach
I am really hoping that the prairie stuff doesn't release until after christmas when I am back in town....
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Gonna head out there Sunday to try this stuff and snag a bottle or two of Batch 3 Atrial

If you're around on Friday there's a decent chance I'm gonna be in ATX.. Probably will hit up Jester King and Austin Beerworks.
bthotugigem05
AG
Anyone know when Lakewood's Bourbon Barrel is going to be available? From what I understand the label has been approved but they haven't shipped yet.
army01
AG
Last I heard (2 weeks ago), this (Barrel Aged Temptress) still had not been bottled...my guess is January.
EaglePassAg08
AG
BEER MAIL!

Thank You Secret Beer Santa!

From Left to Right:
Westy 12
Blue Lobster Brewing - Piscataquaweisse
Sebago - Single Batch BBA Barleywine
Oxbow - Stillbow Oxtisanal
Cisco Brewers - Pechish Woods
Alesmith - Speedway Stout
Allagash - FV13 (SO EXCITED)
Allagash - Coolship Red (SO EXCITED)
Allagash - Midnight Brett (YES)
Hill Farmstead - Elaborative One (WOOHOO!)

Glassware!

[This message has been edited by EaglePassAg08 (edited 12/18/2013 10:23a).]
AlaskanAg99
AG
Why go to RRBC for PtY when you can find it during SF Beer Week? Now that they're not doing growlers there's no real point dealing with the added cost of Santa Rosa.

It's all over the place down in San Diego, and easy enough to snag a few tulips of it duing a non-****show event (O'Briens is by far the worst, followed by Hammiltons).
BSD
AG
It's probably because I don't live in SF and I'll be visiting on specific dates with specific times, so I wont be able to hit all the beer events. Plus what are the chances that there will be a PtY tasting on the days that I am there? SF Beer week isn't just Pliny. I've been to a few beer week events in the past and they were more cluster****ed than the pub. As far as added cost, a room at the Hyatt there is $250 less than any decent room in the city and comes with free parking.

More importantly, I like the brewpub and the atmosphere there. That and both Bouchon and French Laundry are right over Spring Mountain and I need to put on a few pounds.
La Fours
AG

Look what I found!!
jetch17
AG
Didn't realize we got Racer X now

gordo97
AG
Rahr BBA Winter Warmer has arrived at Specs
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

Look what I found!!

Heard they had that at HEB Buffalo, but the distributor told me it was "at least $22"...not sure I can shell out over twenty bucks for a bomber.

Also, beer advocate says it's about a 93...is it worth the $22? I never had it
aggiechris06
AG
Anyone heard if HEB Buffalo is getting Abyss, or any of the Spec's in West U area??

What are the normal delivery days for new brews?
jetch17
AG
Black Ops is pretty fuggsin good

id pay the $22 seeing as i only buy it once a year. Great when the weathers cold during the holidays
streetfighter2012
AG
Picked up a four pack of backwoods, and bottles of abyss, Karbach 008, and (512) 5 this past weekend.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, it was $22. I've heard nothing but good things about it. First time I've seen one in the wild. So I figured I'd snatch it up. I wonder what I could get for it in a trade if I also threw in a few Prairie Bombs?
aggiechris06
AG
Anyone willing to trade some bcbs for a black ops??
TxKng82
AG
At Rockwell in the CYP... So far:
Brooklyn Winter Ale - pretty good
Schmaltz reunion 13 - ok, not as good as I remember 12 being
Abita Macchiatto - good flavor but light for a stout in my taste
Prairie Artisan Bomb! - 14% deliciousness
Out in Left Field
AG
Found maybe a dozen of the (512) 5 at HEB Buffalo spwy. Think I'll try one.
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.