Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,659,442 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by maca1028
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Atrial and Funk Metal
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
Opened a bcbs. It's good, but I prefer FBS.

You mean KBS?? I thought bcbs was bba?

BTW...KBS is fantastic....worth every penny

Nope. I like FBS more than BCBS. I love bourbon and I love beer. I just don't care for them together.
Tressels Vest
AG
Ahhhh drinking some nice Samuel Adams Winter Lager...too bad that arrogant ass is on ESPN talking about how he gotta keep doin what he do. Screw you Winston, thanks for ruining my peaceful brew mood.

Anyways, going to Denver on Wednesday or Thursday to pick up a few things, maybe a TV too. 32" screens no longer cut it, got to upgrade. I was also thinking about picking up some good brews. NColoradoAg, do you have any recommendations? I was probably going to Mr. B's Liqour in downtown after getting some grub. Any other better beer stores around?
La Fours
AG
Thank you The Beer and I.

The Beer and I
quote:

No problem, I'll probably crack one open today too. It's about the only way I can make it through a Texans game nowadays.
BQ08
AG
quote:
Atrial and Funk Metal

If you do head out, there's some Italian bottles of beer to go... Try the L'equilibrista. It's literally the champagne of beers.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

No problem, I'll probably crack one open today too. It's about the only way I can make it through a Texans game nowadays.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I'm a cowboys and a texans fan. So I'm screwed by both.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Atrial and Funk Metal

Love me some funk metal.
NColoradoAG
Tressels, Mr Bs is a good little shop. The limited stuff goes fast there though so watch the Facebook page. If you run into Scott, tell him Adam sent you and he'll probably hook up a discount.

Argonaut is also a good store. They're on colfax just east of the capitol. They usually have a little more volume so you may find some goodies there. They put all the limited stuff on the top shelf of one of the warm racks so don't miss it.

Depending on where you go shopping, I can recommend some other spots. Are you going to hit any taprooms?
NColoradoAG
Our group of Northern Colorado beer geeks and homebrewers had our Christmas tasting last night. We did some decent work despite only having about 4 hours that worked for everyone.

We had a bunch of JK. One of the guys had snagged an omniscience off the stewards table at GABF. We also opened the Atrial that aggiejz hooked up. Omniscience had some pretty nasty butyric acid on the nose. Tasted ok. Atrial is what it is, a raspberry bomb. I wish that beer had more funk and complexity.

Several others were opened. Pirate Bomb was really good. Cascade Bottleworks 14 was a mixed opinion. I wasn't a huge fan, but many tagged it #1. Cascade always has a ton of lactic acid that doesn't always work with my palate. I'd saved a Churchills Finest Hour for this tasting and it did not disappoint.

And I highly recommend bringing candied bacon for any beer tasting

Tressels Vest
AG
NColoradoAg,

Probably not hitting any taprooms this time although the Great Divide Tap Room is not that far from Mr. B's according to google maps. Very tempting (really liked that Denver Pale Ale) but I know I would sit for way to long. I am going to Best Buy and Bass Pro Shops at least (the ones over by Aurora on I-70) and then to downtown for lunch/dinner at Ignite or Marco's Coal Fired Pizza.

Thanks for the tips on Mr. B's and Argonauts!

[This message has been edited by Tressels Vest (edited 12/15/2013 8:14p).]
jah003
S
A buddy of mine (from Colorado) still has family living in the area. They came down over Thanksgiving and brought some Odell's along with them.

I threw a little Christmas party yesterday and he brought me this:

I guess we can still be friends...
Tressels Vest
AG
That Myrcenary was pretty good, haven't tried the others yet. Too bad you didn't get some 90 Schilling, that beer is great! I need some more friends like that...
defroach
I went to Black Star tonight in Austin. They had a flight of Bishop's Barrel #1, 2, 3 and 5. It was good to say the least.
La Fours
AG
Jah, which woodcut was that? And he's a hell of a friend.

Decided to crack this open. Damn good.

gordo97
AG
Ran across a few 4-packs of Backwoods ******* at specs.... Good grief that beer is good!
txagbq00
Gordo, which Specs?
gordo97
AG
corner of dairy ashford and memorial (in Houston)...... it is a really small store...... there was only 2 packs left after I got mine
Ags #1
AG
Hey merchant tweeted they will be selling some bottles of bomb this evening
CollinAB
AG
My parents just moved up to Keller and I'm visiting them for the first time. Anybody know the places to go? Liquor stores, bars, whatever.
txag2008
AG
quote:
My parents just moved up to Keller and I'm visiting them for the first time. Anybody know the places to go? Liquor stores, bars, whatever.

Your best bet for beer stores near there are
Hall's Grocery in Colleyville, Whip In in Flowermound, or Arlington Bottle Shop in Arlington. I realize none of those are in Keller, but they're fairly close.
gordo97
AG
anyone in h-town have extra Bourbon County they wanna trade? I finally gave up on trying to find some
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
What do you have available to trade?
CollinAB
AG
Thanks txag, those are all prety close to my parents' place. I'll swing by and check them out.
aTm96
AG
Just got a case of La Trappe Isid'or (Trappist pale ale) I can't wait to break into
jetch17
AG
Spring Valley specs guy was peddling the new Jewbilation Reborn today

17 malts, 17 hops, 17% ABV
gordo97
AG
ninja, are you interested in a 4-pack of Backwoods ******* from Founders brewing?
jah003
S
quote:
Jah, which woodcut was that? And he's a hell of a friend.

Looks to be No. 7 (RIS)... And yes, yes he is.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
gordo, if I didn't already have a four pack of Backwoods, I'd take you up on that. Been looking for a Parabola. Either way, maybe this will help. Pearland HEB on Saturday. 10:00 AM. Should get there early though because Matt Chow already sniffed it out.

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 12/16/2013 3:47p).]
gordo97
AG
no worries ninja..... i'll look into my stash at home what bombers I have but everything that was bought out of state I probably consumed by now and I haven't travelled in a while
Scriffer
AG
quote:

Found this sitting forgotten on the shelf at Central Market. I'm a little scared of it.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
quote:

Found this sitting forgotten on the shelf at Central Market. I'm a little scared of it.

Still have the 16 sitting in my fridge I haven't opened...17 has been at my HEB for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger since I haven't even opened the 16 yet
jh0400
AG
quote:
ninja, are you interested in a 4-pack of Backwoods ******* from Founders brewing?

For one BCBS? I'll do it.
jh0400
AG
Not too sure why it picked that emoticon.
MW03
AG
Courtesy of my fine friends at Lonestar Beverage in Carrollton, I was able to pick up:

- St. Arnold's Divine #12
- St. Arnold's Pumpkinator (missed out on this one in October)
- Rahr Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer
- Prairie Bomb (they keep them under the register, so you have to ask).

They probably had 10 Pumpkinators and 1 Divine 12 left. Several cases of the BBAWW, though.

[This message has been edited by MW03 (edited 12/16/2013 4:37p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 339 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.