Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,993 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Jock 07
aggiejz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a fan of Resin. Tried Cherries of Fire for the first time last night.. Liked it, but wasn't blown away by it either. Didn't get very much cherry at all, but definitely could taste the Hellfighter. Not thrilled at having paid $15 a bottle for it, but I'll live.

I also added one of the Austin Beerworks Heavy Machinery Half IPA's to the Bama bottle share, and am posting the link again since it's buried 6 pages back.. http://goo.gl/q1856h

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 8/19/2013 9:56a).]
DonaldFDraper
AG
^ I'm getting a broken link error from Google.

Thanks for putting the spreadsheet together.
aggiejz
AG
See if it works now. I don't know why that link doesn't like me. And credit goes to NColorado for getting it together! Pretty good list so far..
DonaldFDraper
AG
Working
Ags #1
AG
Anyone try the duvel tripple hop? I thought it was great and not to hoppy
streetfighter2012
AG
I added my name to the bama bottle share.
army01
AG
So... Central Market claims they received their shipment of Uncle Jacob's on Friday and sold it immediately. Specs says FW only received 4 cases and they all went to the Saucer and World of Beers. At Total Wine, one guy says they are getting it on Wednesday, another says they have already sold out. I don't know who to believe.

That being said, I stumbled across this bottle at Central Market...sitting on top of a stack of st. Arnold:

maca1028
^^ lucky find
jkn09
AG
quote:
Anyone try the duvel tripple hop? I thought it was great and not to hoppy

I agree. One of the better balanced beers I've had.
Jock 07
AG
Headed to the Lyle Lovett show tonight at red rocks tonight any suggestions on beer bars near there?
Jock 07
AG
The FW 16 is quality. Drank some at their barrel works there in bulleton when I was out there
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Headed to the Lyle Lovett show tonight at red rocks tonight any suggestions on beer bars near there?

One of the Colorado guys may have a better recommendation here, but Golden City Brewery is 15 minutes or so away I think. If you haven't been there before, I'd recommend checking it out.
Jock 07
AG
Yeah that's what I was leaning toward having no info about the area and just doing a little googling
NColoradoAG
Arvada beer company is just off i170. Pretty good little spot
NColoradoAG
Never mind, you're in the springs so I imagine you'll be coming up c470
Jock 07
AG
Yup
AggieOO
over the past couple days I've had multiple of the following:

New Glarus Spotted Cow
New Glarus Moon Man
New Glarus Stone Soup (fantastic)
New Glarus Serendipity (blech)
Capital City Wisconsin Amber
Ale Asylum Ambergedden
Rhinelander Export Lager
Tribute Brewing Blueberry Train
Bell's Two Hearted Ale

gonna make another beer run tomorrow, so I'll hopefully get some more variety.
The Beer and I
Pick up any stouts from Bells you can find. I'm not sure what's available, but I'm pretty sure Kalamazoo Stout is a full time one.
Jock 07
AG
Bells two hearted, 3rd coast, and, of course, hop slam
MADDUD
Horny Goat. hopped up n horny. Rated low on the beer sites but I found it to be a solid IPA
jetch17
AG
been slammin' Myrcenary all night in sh*tty Wichita, KS
Womackster
AG
Lots of good recs.
La Fours
AG
Add me and bottle of Rasputin 20th Anniversary.
aggiejz
AG
Add yourself and your excellent bottle choice!
BSD
AG
Because of recent scheduling issues with my condition, I doubt that I can make it, even if I had a ticket. I would send something up with Jetch for you guys to enjoy, but that mother ****er would drink it on the way.
aggiejz
AG
You can always send it with me instead!

And I may be adding a bottle of Jester King Atrial Rubicite since the release info for that was just announced...

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 8/20/2013 11:14a).]
La Fours
AG
The release date is same day as the game, I thought. Unless the date has changed.

Also, I got an email from the Texas Deschutes rep and she said that Houston will be seeing Black Butte XXV this week and DFW and Austin next week.
La Fours
AG
Just read the release schedule on the JK website. I wish I could make one of those events. I'd love to get my hands on a bottle of Atrial Rubicite.
aggiejz
AG
They're doing a staggered release, which frankly I think kicks ass( link here)..
quote:
First Weekend
Friday, August 30th – 5-9 pm
Saturday, August 31st – 12-6pm
Sunday, September 1st – 12-6pm

Second Weekend
Friday, September 6th – 5-9 pm
Saturday, September 7th – 12-6pm
Sunday, September 8th – 12-6pm

● If you’d like to purchase one or more bottles of Atrial Rubicite, please fill in the signup form linked to below. By filling in the form, you reserve your opportunity to purchase Atrial Rubicite during our tasting room hours on the day of your choosing (8/30, 8/31, 9/1, 9/6, 9/7 or 9/8). We will only be selling bottles on these days to people who filled in the form.

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 8/20/2013 11:15a).]
La Fours
AG
I added my bottle of Old Rasputin and I'll bring an Abyss 2012 as well.
aggiejz
AG
Awesome. That's a pretty killer list so far. I replaced my BB3 & BB4 with Atrial Rubicite, for now, but we'll see if I stick with that..
La Fours
AG
I'm seriously considering signing up for the 8/30 date. I could take half a day at work and drive over to the brewery and pick up the bottles and come home. Might have to bring my son with me as well. But that's not a big deal.
aggiejz
AG
Yeah.. I'm burning through my time off over the next 2 months with a trip to Columbus for a US World Cup Qualifier against Mexico and GABF, otherwise I'd be trying to go 8/30 as well. I'm gonna head to ATX after the Rice game and go to JK on 9/1. Whoop for holiday weekends!
La Fours
AG
9/1 would be ideal, but I have work that morning since it is the start of the new fiscal year for us, and I don't know if I could make it there.
jah003
S
Just signed up for the 9/1 release day. Asked for a case (12 bottles) If I can get that I will certainly help you guys get a bottle.

Anyone want to meet up and bottle share on the 1st?
First Page Last Page
Page 275 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.