Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,085 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by La Fours
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pimp
BSD
AG
quote:
My goal tonight is to drink a beer from Texas, nm, az, Utah, bc, cali, Oregon, Washington, Canada, and Alaska.

What's your goal tomorrow? Wake up?
AggieOO
Celebrating a 9th anniversary of a trip through all that.

I think I'm going to fail my mission the beer selection sucks here. But I'll keep trying.
army01
AG
quote:
My goal tonight is to drink a beer from Texas, nm, az, Utah, bc, cali, Oregon, Washington, Canada, and Alaska.

Effffffffffff! Holy Hangover.
army01
AG
quote:
Celebrating a 9th anniversary of a trip through all that.

I think I'm going to fail my mission the beer selection sucks here. But I'll keep trying.

The bike ride?
AggieOO
Yep. Arrived in anchorage 9 years ago today.
The Beer and I
Bought some Sierra Blanca Alien Imperial Stout 4-pack for $4 while picking up some Zoe and a Very Angry Beast. Not that bad considering the price. Not that good either.
aggiechris06
AG
Wow, this Old Guardian is SYRUPY...not enough hops to balance for me...all candied fruit with some booze and a whisper of pine at the end...as it warms the sweetness mellows a bit...but still needs to chill out. Better with age??
maca1028
Not bad

maca1028
NColorado, I saw your post earlier today on the Firestone BBA, I really hope to see it here in TX. I thought we were out of luck on FW brewery until I saw plenty of there different beers in the DFW area this week
aggiechris06
AG
Iron Swan ale is legit! The more I drink it, the more I love it...

Real Ale keeps making me like them more with every release
maca1028
Couldn't agree more on Real Ale, the first beer I tried at Flying Saucer years ago was Fireman #4. I always try to make time to go by the brewery in Blanco when we go to the hill country
62strat
AG
I saw that iron swan sword beer.. does that anything to do with the band The Sword?

Well, dumb question.. the font is exactly the same, band must have something to do with it.

quote:
Call me crazy, but the $3 a sixer from Walgreens, Big Flats 1901, is actually pretty good

Woah.. it's like 2010 again!

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 8/9/2013 10:05p).]
jah003
S
quote:
NColorado, I saw your post earlier today on the Firestone BBA, I really hope to see it here in TX. I thought we were out of luck on FW brewery until I saw plenty of there different beers in the DFW area this week

I actually got a chance to talk to a FW rep today about DDBA. He told me its here, but just sitting around waiting for TABC approval. He said it should drop sometime in September in Austin. I was also told 30 cases for Austin... which is pretty low. I think Parabola was close to 60.

In other news... Had a chance to attend a Firestone Walker tasting, went and had a few beers at Hops & Grain, and had a beer and some fried jalapeños at Black Star Coop. It was a solid Friday afternoon.
The Beer and I
quote:
Couldn't agree more on Real Ale, the first beer I tried at Flying Saucer years ago was Fireman #4. I always try to make time to go by the brewery in Blanco when we go to the hill country

In my opinion, their beers are good, not great, but their brewery tour is awesome. They were only open on Fridays back then, but it was definitely a good time, probably my favorite tour so far.
jetch17
AG
62, yes it was done with the band
maca1028
quote:
I actually got a chance to talk to a FW rep today about DDBA. He told me its here, but just sitting around waiting for TABC approval. He said it should drop sometime in September in Austin. I was also told 30 cases for Austin... which is pretty low. I think Parabola was close to 60.

That's good to hear, every time I ask someone about FW here in Houston I get a blank stare followed by a "never heard of it"
AggieOO
Texas, cali, Washington. Bonus state of Colorado (went to four corners). Selection sucks, so I'm doubling up.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Broke out a 2010 Real Ale Sisyphus tonight. It was a little strange to me in a way that was hard to put a finger on. Maybe too long (or not long enough?) in the cellar.
Jock 07
AG
Sisyphus is actually really the only real ale tha I like
AggieOO
Gave up on the states. Came home and cracked a bottle of 012012 Celebration Belgian Quad. Aging nicely at about a year and a half.
army01
AG
Drinking the Mother's Little Fracker I picked up yesterday.

Jock 07
AG
Well manitou got flooded yesterday so the lagerfest is postponed. Think I'm gonna hit up trinity and try and grab a couple of those red swingline bottles, you still want one NColorado?
NColoradoAG
Yes please!
jah003
S
Uncle Jacob's is hitting Austin today, I'm going to commence searching/calling around pretty soon.

Edit... no luck today. I'll check back on Monday/Tuesday (when the stores get their next shipment of beer in).

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 8/10/2013 12:15p).]
Jock 07
AG
So apparently I had my dates mixed up. They released their Chardonnay barrel aged sasion yesterday and the swingline comes out on the 23rd. I'll try and get one then
Jock 07
AG
Just had a taster of Petras red. Don't know who makes it but it was pretty damn good. Just didn't want to drop 10 for one beer
streetfighter2012
AG
Getting dragged to BJ's for a birthday this evening. Are any of their beers worth trying?
DaveHimself
AG
It's been 5 years since I've had a beer at BJs but I remember the Jeremiah Red and Tatonka imperial stout being good.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Army01.... Went out to Revolver today. I went back in May and I'm shocked how much it's grown in just a few months. Spent a good hour talking with Grant (head brewer, former Sam Adams senior brewer, class of 84) and his wife. Really nice people. I think Revolver is in great hands with Grant. All 4 of their beers are great and I'm really excited to see where they're going.
cr06gis
AG
Mussels & Clams here at Pier 56 in Seattle, washed down with a Maritime Imperial IPA
(sorry for sideways pic)

army01
AG
quote:
Army01.... Went out to Revolver today. I went back in May and I'm shocked how much it's grown in just a few months. Spent a good hour talking with Grant (head brewer, former Sam Adams senior brewer, class of 84) and his wife. Really nice people. I think Revolver is in great hands with Grant. All 4 of their beers are great and I'm really excited to see where they're going.

How did I miss that Grant is an Ag?!? Definitely puts out some solid beers.

Hoping that there might be some Uncle Jacob's left in Austin next weekend. No one in FW knows if we are getting any.
aggiechris06
AG
Have to agree with most folks on here about Icon Gold...it is awesome. Best Icon to date...and even better on tap at the Saucer for $3 post 28-hour overnight call in the NICU...
jetch17
AG
Nice for Sunday evening grillin

jah003
S
Busting out JK Boxer's Revenge to enjoy while watch a little Breaking Bad tonight... only 13 minutes away!
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.