Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,070 Views | 62477 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by 62strat
aggiejz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
man youre makin sweet love to that release

Well said, and yes - I am indeed. I have no shame.
aggiejz
AG
And as for the Lips of Faith series, I've only had a few but La Folie has been my favorite - if you're into sour type beers.
jetch17
AG
we HATE sours around these parts
gordo97
AG
ran across these again at specs yesterday and got some more..... very good BBA stout and fairly cheap at $9 a bottle

army01
AG
quote:
A lot of Lips of Faith in Burleson, not too familiar with them, any suggestions?

Tart Lychee, Kick, and Grand Cru Abbey were all pretty good.
army01
AG
Any Funytowners heading to the Revolver release party tonight at the Hulen Central Market?
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Any Funytowners heading to the Revolver release party tonight at the Hulen Central Market?

Dang. I didn't realize that was tonight. I am planning on going out to the brewery on Saturday. Do you know what time the release party is tonight?
Jock 07
AG
Anyone in or around the springs there's a lagerfest on sat over in manitou
cr06gis
AG
Day 2 of portland beercation underway

Currently sipping a tangerine sour at Cascade. Been to hair of the dog, lucky lab, rogue, deschutes, tugboat, pints, and full sail so far. I shouldve done this yrs ago

BSD
AG
Tadow!
army01
AG
Don- band just started...got a Fracker growler...
jetch17
AG
quote:
Day 2 of portland beercation underway

Currently sipping a tangerine sour at Cascade. Been to hair of the dog, lucky lab, rogue, deschutes, tugboat, pints, and full sail so far. I shouldve done this yrs ago

Doin work, son
MADDUD
Having a DFH Rasion D'Etre. Smooth and tasty
CollinAB
AG
Finally bought a bottle of Roll in the Hay. I've only had a few sips so far, but I'm liking what I'm tasting. Good stuff.
maca1028
Sitting at Jellystone in Burleson drinking a Firestone Pale 31
army01
AG
One of my "Blood & Honeys"

NColoradoAG
Drinking overrated Bruery beers tonight while watching foosball

Jock 07
AG
Double DBA is available here now. While its not quite to the level of Sucaba, it's still pretty damned good
NColoradoAG
Double DBA. Tasty fresh, and then smoothes out even better at 6-9 months.

This drops in late September/early October. One of the best barrel aged beers I've ever tasted.

I wonder if the TABC will approve?

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 8/8/2013 11:46p).]
aggiechris06
AG
Is Icon Gold actually out yet in bottles, or only on tap and at the Brewery??
aggiechris06
AG
Is Icon Gold actually out yet in bottles, or only on tap and at the Brewery??
aggiejz
AG
Haven't seen it on shelves anywhere yet.. sounds like that may be a distributor thing. Only limited places have it on tap as of now too. Should be soon, though. Brandon at D&Q said he's hoping to have it on Monday.

Side note - myself and spadilly and some other Houston Ags are doing Happy Hour at Cottonwood this afternoon. Anyone's welcome to swing by and say hi and have a beer; I should be there by 5 and who knows how long we'll stay.

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 8/9/2013 2:28p).]
62strat
AG
I got a decent haul while visiting Houston. Transported an Avery Jacob's stout and a handful of CO ipas successfully to aggiejz. So I was able to fit 5 bombers in the suitcase on the way back.
Anyone know why 'salt lick' is censored on jester king? is that a tx label law shortcoming?

EDIT:.. found a story on it
http://beerpulse.com/2013/06/jester-king-salt-lick-pecan-wood-smoked-saison-label-censored-after-texas-abc-ruling-617/

Man, I miss my Houston friends, but it sure was nice walking out of DIA an hour ago into 75 degree weather

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 8/9/2013 2:42p).]

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 8/9/2013 2:44p).]
wessimo
AG
Any word on cherries on fire being served at the Monday tour?
jetch17
AG
Petrol pimping their keg of cigar city/deproef tropical tripel getting tapped tomorrow.

Will also have Firestone in bottles and on tap next week,along with cherries of fire, pumking & BB4 Monday
aggiejz
AG
Thanks a ton again for bringing down those beers! Speaking of them, I opened one of these cans last night..

It was pretty decent. Not necessarily my favorite IPA, but it was solid. I actually think I would have liked a bit more bitterness.

Curious as to how those Adelberts are.. Still haven't tried any of their beers somehow. As for Jester King and Salt Lick/Censored.. Read this
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Any word on cherries on fire being served at the Monday tour?

It will be. I should be there volunteering.. Most likely.
jah003
S
Adelberts has a really solid lineup across the board. Everything I've had is solid, the barrel aged naked nun was the only thing that wowed me.

Most people either love or hate the Salt Lick (censored). I fall in the love category... Such a unique beer. I'll probably pick up another at Sunrise today actually...
wessimo
AG
Sweet. I plan to be there early.
aggiejz
AG
You and the rest of Houston! Have a feeling it'll be fairly busy, although not as bad since BB4 stuff will be going on as well. I had a feeling COF would come out the 12th once StA announced that day for BB4.
gordo97
AG
the barrel aged naked nun was the only thing that wowed me

agreed........ that one was great
fav13andac1)c
AG
I don't expect any replies to this, and I know most of the beers posted are craft beers but whatever.

Call me crazy, but the $3 a sixer from Walgreens, Big Flats 1901, is actually pretty good
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I had a feeling COF would come out the 12th once StA announced that day for BB4.

Same thing happened with BBH and BB3.
aggiechris06
AG
Tonight, a Stone Old Guardian in store as reward for completing my long run this AM... half-marathon training has its perks!
AggieOO
My goal tonight is to drink a beer from Texas, nm, az, Utah, bc, cali, Oregon, Washington, Canada, and Alaska.
First Page Last Page
Page 266 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.