Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,060 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
p-wonk01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jock...is that in LA? The wife and I foudn ourselves in the area last year and planned to go but were too early (and were on a schedule). We hit up a very good Italian place next door.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you asking if Firestone is in LA? The brewery is up in Paso Robles but they have a second restaurant location in buellton which is about 30 mins from me. They have a tasting room at both locations but the one in buellton is called barrel works and has a lot of their barrel aged stuff that is only available there including some pretty good sours

I've actually been to the brewery in Paso Robles as well. I'm sorry, I made the comment about your picture from "Fathers Office", but neglected to see it was a page back.
army01
AG
quote:
Wasabi, that has been my opinion on a lot of DFH bombers, like the 75 min IPA, Theobrama, and a couple others. Not that they're bad, just not worth the price

slow down...75 min is a tasty beverage, as is red and White...I'd agree with Namaste, Theobrama, B&B...
wasabi1787
AG
I kind of think the DFH is average to slightly above average outside of their IPAs.
The Beer and I
I didn't say 75 wasn't tasty, but $15 for a bomber of 60 min mixed with 90 min is overpriced. I realize they do more to it than just that, but I'll stick with their 90 minute next time.
Jock 07
AG
Gotcha, yeah it's in LA, I think they have a couple locations. This was at the one in culver city. The burgers there are unlike any burger I've ever had and they are kickass.
62strat
AG
quote:
Wasabi, that has been my opinion on a lot of DFH bombers, like the 75 min IPA, Theobrama, and a couple others. Not that they're bad, just not worth the price. Their premium 4 packs, like Palo Santo and Burton Baton have been awesome though.

Has any one had the DFH PJ20? I picked up a bottle, oh just under a year ago.. haven't had it yet (waiting for some type of occasion that I can't identify)
Wondering if that one is any good
army01
AG
quote:
I didn't say 75 wasn't tasty, but $15 for a bomber of 60 min mixed with 90 min is overpriced. I realize they do more to it than just that, but I'll stick with their 90 minute next time.

I can accept that. I was about to go internet tough guy all over yo' azz.
The Beer and I
quote:

Has any one had the DFH PJ20? I picked up a bottle, oh just under a year ago.. haven't had it yet (waiting for some type of occasion that I can't identify)
Wondering if that one is any good

Haven't had that one, but if the fact that today is Tuesday is not a special enough occasion to open it, I don't know what is!

I have their Rhizing Bines collaboration with Sierra Nevada that I might open tonight, anyone have it yet?
CollinAB
AG
I had Rhizing Bines a week or two ago. It smells and looks good, but was pretty disappointing. No flavors really stood out to me.
wasabi1787
AG
120 minute is godlike
The Beer and I
Yeah, had my Rhizing Bines last night. It was good, but disappointing considering who made it and the price. It was well balanced, just nothing spectacular.

I had the 120 minute last year at a bar and it lived up to the hype. I found it at heb soon after, so bought one to hold on to for a while since it's supposed to cellar well.
Two Down
AG
I HATED 120, much, much too sweet for me. I am hoping the 2 I have saved age better and mellow out some of that sweetness.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
120 isn't that good. Too syrupy, though it masks the alcohol well. Burton Baton is my favorite from DFH.
BSD
AG
Add me to the list of people who did not enjoy 120. Same reasons as above.
army01
AG
I have two bottles that have been sitting for 6 months....guessing I'll open the first in about 5 years.
wasabi1787
AG
quote:
I HATED 120, much, much too sweet for me. I am hoping the 2 I have saved age better and mellow out some of that sweetness.

I'll take them off your hands if you want
jetch17
AG
One 120 was enough for me
Vernada
AG
Another Oskar Blues TenFidy
streetfighter2012
AG
Drinking the last of my undercover investigation tonight.
AggieOO
almost picked up a couple more bottles of Positive Contact tonight, but passed. If they were a couple bucks cheaper, I probably would have.

Instead picked up a couple randoms.

Currently drinking an Imperial Jack from Rhinelander Brewing Co. (craft brewery in Wisconsin). Not that great, but it has been sitting in the back of the fridge for about 7 months.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I had a Lone Pint 667 Neighbor of the Beast IPA and Founders Dirty ******* Scotch Ale last night. The Lone Pint was ok; nothing to write home about. The Dirty ******* was pretty dang food. Really want to try the Breakfast Stout.
La Fours
AG
I have a shipment of beer from Oregon headed my way. A bottle of Cascade Brewing, not sure which, some Ninkasi, and not sure what else. I'm sending the guy an RU-55, Commercial Suicide, Adelbert's Saison, and a DR13. Might toss in a Barn Burner or a 4 Squared.
La Fours
AG
Holy crap, I just checked the tracking and the shipment is 15 lbs.
Falcon85
AG
Had Goose Island's Kolsch ("Summertime")last night; it's a good lighter brew.

I have not been able to find Corsendonk in Texas. Have any of you seen it recently in or outside Texas?
BigAg95
AG
Cascade makes great sours. When I was up there in September, they didn't sell bottles, you could only get it in growlers. I will definitely be ordering from them!
jetch17
AG
Having a Goose Island 312 wheat on draft this afternoon ... Light & smooth

La Fours
AG
I'm thinking about going up to Harvey Washbangers tonight to try the Salt Lick/JK collaboration of a pecan smoked Saison.
Jock 07
AG
Sipping on this as I pack up to move to Colorado tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 4/25/2013 5:31p).]
jah003
S
quote:
I'm thinking about going up to Harvey Washbangers tonight to try the Salt Lick/JK collaboration of a pecan smoked Saison.

Do it! Salt Lick is freaking awesome! I'd be there if I didn't live in Austin...
La Fours
AG
I did it. And it was worth it. Bought a growler. This beer is tasty. Nice smoke on the front and it finishes with a lemony citrus flavor. Very good.
The Beer and I
Having a Stone SSR. It looks like Geno Smith could use one about right now.
CollinAB
AG
I also checked out the Salt Lick at Harvey Washbanger's tonight. Damn good. The Spec's here in CS got some Hopadillo Negro and Roshambo in today. Just finished a bomber of Hopadillo Negro. Tasty stuff.
Jock 07
AG
Finally found a bottle of this ****

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 4/25/2013 11:54p).]
BSD
AG
BSD
AG
Last night I met up with BigAg95 at a cool dive in Chicago called Delilah's.  They recently had a barrel aged beer festival and had some leftovers which made for one heck of a night, and one hell of a hangover!

Bells Two hearted
Great lakes Edmund Fitzgerald porter 
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout Cherry Rye
2007 BCBS
BCBS Coffee 
KBS
Three Floyds Dreadnaught at Kuma's Corner
First Page Last Page
Page 203 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.