Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,296 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
2014mays
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are y'all's thoughts on Saint Arnold's? Had the Weedwacker tonight and thought it was really good. Also enjoyed Live Oak Hefeweizen, thought it was fantastic.
62strat
AG
Is that question for real?
2014mays
No, it was a joke
wessimo
AG
Cloeren, please add me to your bd party invite list next year. Thx!
JimShorts
AG
Found this over the weekend, very good.

Elevation Senorita Horchata.

[This message has been edited by JimShorts (edited 4/8/2013 12:39p).]
The Beer and I
Drinking my North Coast bourbon barrel aged Old Rasputin XV. Not sure it's worth the $20 for 500ml, but it's very good.
army01
AG
In Boston again this week...several Boston Brick Reds, a harpoon RIPA and one of these later, and I can tell it is going to be a long week...

Coy94
AG
Army01,

I had one of those the other day. Someone left it for me in the fridge after a get together. I thought it was a very good tasting beer with a lot of bourbon flavor. What was your take on it?

Coy94
duck79
AG
If you haven't seen it yet Founders was released in Texas yesterday. I Dallas, Goodfriends sold out of Breakfast stout in 6 minutes. It will only be draught for a couple of weeks.
NColoradoAG
There's a lot of info in these threads about the Founders launch. You have to deal with sips, tards, frogs, and lots of others though.

http://goo.gl/tvxvy
http://goo.gl/xioWP

And I hate you all for having access to Founders.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 4/9/2013 1:29p).]
62strat
AG
I was at a liquor store and saw the little cardboard box with slot in the top and registration form that you fill out to win something.

This 'prize' was Oskar Blues tour something something, so I signed up and dropped the paper in the box.

Hell yeh, a guy called today to tell me I won! It's a trolley tour
http://www.oskarblues.com/tunes/obtrolley

They pick up me and guest (wife) this saturday at 10am near DU campus in Denver, drive us to Longmont and we tour the hops & heifers farm, visit Homemade liquids & solids restaurant, then a private tour of the brewery, and they have us back by 5pm

Perfect!

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/9/2013 6:05p).]
NColoradoAG
Nice!
proudaggie02
AG

I saw a red Oskar Blues trolley/bus yesterday on 25, about a mile from DU.

Sounds like fun.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats, am drinking some dales pale ale while grilling up some fresh sausages.
aggiechris06
AG
For those of us less fortunate/experienced, can anyone give a brief rundown of the praises of Founders?? Ie what makes it great, what top brews, and what is cant miss if we were to stumble upon it??
army01
AG
Coy...probably one of the smoothest BBAs I've had. Not bad at all.
WorkBoots09
AG
I finally tried NB Rampant last night. I really enjoyed it. Oddly enough, my local grocery store stocked it. I think the captain there realizes that lots of folks pick up seasonals & west coast beers because they also stock Lagunitas, Rogue, and Stone mainstays.
62strat
AG
some of these are a lot bigger than I thought!
Wonder why Yeungling doesn't fall under craft, but boston beer co. does?

http://www.brewersassociation.org/pages/media/press-releases/show?title=brewers-association-releases-top-50-breweries-of-2012

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/10/2013 3:49p).]
La Fours
AG
Southern Tier is in package stores around Austin. I know for sure the Round Rock Specs got some in either today or yesterday.

Obannons tapped a keg of Founders Rye today as well.
OBannonsPub
AG
Yes we tapped the Red's Rye and it is delicious!

At 6pm we are tapping a cask of Oskar Blues 'coffee bean' Old Chub!

CHEERS!

Sponsor Message: "Life is short…drink good beer." See what’s going on at the pub at O'Bannon's Tap House
streetfighter2012
AG
Picked up a sixer of lagunitas undercover investigation and a 4 pack of real ale's blonde barley wine today.

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 4/10/2013 6:11p).]
aggiechris06
AG
Streetfighter, I am JEALOUS... you will not be disappointed with either of those choices
ORAggieFan
quote:
Wonder why Yeungling doesn't fall under craft, but boston beer co. does?

From the bottom I'm guessing this:

quote:
Traditional: A brewer who has either an all malt flagship (the beer which represents the greatest volume among that brewer's brands) or has at least 50% of its volume in either all malt beers or in beers which use adjuncts to enhance rather than lighten flavor.
NColoradoAG
quote:
For those of us less fortunate/experienced, can anyone give a brief rundown of the praises of Founders?? Ie what makes it great, what top brews, and what is cant miss if we were to stumble upon it??

Overall, they are pretty solid. They make great stouts and porters. They also do some delicious and unique barrel aging. I'd say the best introductory beers from them would be the Porter, the Centennial IPA, and Breakfast Stout.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS) is a barrel aged imperial stout aged with cocoa and coffee. I don't know if bottles will come to TX, but I did see Kegs were.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 4/10/2013 7:43p).]
Vernada
AG
Starting a Troubadour Imperial Stout.

Spec's had the bombers for $4 off making them $4.99/ea. I figured there wasn't any need to pass up a bomber of 9% abv for that price.
wessimo
AG
Looking forward to trying the founders offerings. The KBS sounds amazing.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
a cask of Oskar Blues 'coffee bean' Old Chub!

Tell me more...
jah003
S
Firemans 4 squared just hit Austin and Hans pils in cans being released soon! It's a great day to be a real ale fan.
La Fours
AG
Four Squared hit the shelves here in CS today as well. I picked up a 6 pack and bomber of Dogfish Head Rhizing Bines.
DonaldFDraper
AG
^^^ Same price as a sixer of the regular Fireman's 4?
duck79
AG
No they are line priced with their seasonals which are a little higher but some stores may discount them to match up.

Hans Pils in a can is very good.

Also if you haven't seen them yet be on the lookout for Dales Pale Ale 19oz cans.

[This message has been edited by Duck79 (edited 4/11/2013 4:07p).]
Vernada
AG
Saw Saint Arnold's Summer Pils today
tremble
AG
Might have developed an unhealthy addiction to Milk Stout Nitro this week.
Vernada
AG
Left Hands Milk Stout is delicious.
MADDUD
Third Voyage double IPA from Samuel Adams. Came from the Hopology 12 pack. Very good, can't wait to try the others from the 12 pack
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.