Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,025 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by La Fours
proudaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^
Sweet. Any idea on when it will open?
62strat
AG
It says September towards the bottom of article. And it's off Lincoln in town, not down by us. Not sure if you saw that. It fooled me when I first read the big print 'opening on lincoln'
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Going to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks. Anything out there?
The Beer and I
quote:
Going to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks. Anything out there?

Gays, lots of gays.
NColoradoAG

Hanging out at one of my favorite places. Apple Whiskey Vieille Saison and some Wild Wild Brett Violet (sour ale with passion fruit)
BSD
AG
Son of a...
txag2008
AG
quote:
Hanging out at one of my favorite places. Apple Whiskey Vieille Saison and some Wild Wild Brett Violet (sour ale with passion fruit)

The names of those just sound great.

On a side note, that's a pretty neat table top. Was it just clear resin on top of waferboard? Or just a piece of glass on top?
62strat
AG
hey NOCO, where is that? I need to find some of these places you go to up here
BSD
AG
Any word on the first Crooked Stave reserve party? Unless it's next weekend, I probably can't make it.
NColoradoAG
2008, wafer board with resin finish

Strat, Crooked Stave is at 46th and Pecos. I try and come down at least once a month. Theyre working on a new taproom thatll be open in 6-9 months at 33rd and Brighton Blvd.

BSD, not next weekend, hopefully in April. They are perfectionists and slow to release these sours. Sounds like they may do two releases of some beers like Persica.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
And it's off Lincoln in town

I noticed that, but it's coll because I work downtown.

Are you going to the Avery "world's largest tap takeover" at Parry's on April 27th? That should be fun.
62strat
AG
Noco; ahh didn't realize you were at the brewery. Good beers by them, what I've had so far.

Proud, yeh I'm planning on that one. Crazy how many taps they are having at all 3 locations. And Adam Avery is hosting or kicking itoiff or whatever at HR location
La Fours
AG
Did my first beer trade. I sent a guy in Oregon two bottles of Southern Star Black Crack, a Hopadillo and a Ruby Redbird. He sent me two White Rajah IPAs, a Gandhi-bot DIPA by New England Brewing, Triton Deadeye Stout and a Hotter than Helles Lager by Cigar City.

The trade was set up to be two Black Cracks for one each of the Gandhi and White Rajah. So far the White Rajah has lived up to its 96 rating on BA.

Jock 07
AG
Quite interesting. Not really sure what I think about it right now.
rosee d'hibiscus

Stoli7
Houston beer festival in june..is it worth it? Never been?
jetch17
AG
i may go this year for the sake of drinking beer and seeing Reverend Horton Heat and Bun B, talmbout?
Jock 07
AG
I maybe attending the Denver beer feat that was mentioned a couple pages ago now
Stoli7
Cant go wrong with beer, too short, bun b and the rev
62strat
AG
Jock, there are two festivals coming up in Denver.

http://www.southdenverbeerfest.com/
http://www.epicbeerfestival.com/

I'll be at the epic festival. There was a groupon for half off so it was a no brainer.

Will actually be in houston weekend of south denver festival
Jock 07
AG
Cool gotta get there and see what my schedules gonna be like but I'm gonna try and hit em up. Know of anything in the springs?
Fixin to head to the farmers market in San Luis Ovispo with some coworkers and starting the evening out with this.

62strat
AG
Enjoying one of these. Pretty damn good, perfect timing for the spring weather upon us.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/4/2013 8:55p).]
jah003
S
Plowing through the beer fridge tonight... trying to take down some stuff and make room for some new beer. (I need friends that enjoy craft beer near me...)

Ska Modus Hoperandi: A really great beer (as usual)
Deschutes NWPA: Another solid beer (wish this was year round, or maybe it is?)
Brooklyn Winter Ale: Not really a fan at all, carb. seems really high. Just trying to get the winter stuff out of the fridge.
The Beer and I
Can't go wrong with Modus or anything Deschutes, but I've never been impressed with anything from Brooklyn.

I'm doing a little cleaning myself, a 3Beans and a SA Spring Bock. Gonna hit Specs tomorrow to reload.
AggieOO
quote:
I need friends that enjoy craft beer near me...)

this. well, i need friends that live near me that enjoy craft beer.

and regarding brooklyn...i enjoy some of their stuff, but maybe it is b/c I use to live stumbling distance from the brewery, so i spent many, MANY nights drinking there.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 4/4/2013 11:19p).]
army01
AG
Nothing wrong with Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout
txaggie05
AG
AggieOO, I'm headed your way in the next couple of months hopefully and looking to be up around where you are.

[This message has been edited by Txaggie05 (edited 4/4/2013 10:58p).]
AggieOO
i'm in austin now.
txaggie05
AG
Yeah, I know.
The Beer and I
A little early birthday present to myself...Sixpoint Resin, some Dogfish Head Burton Baton, and a Jester King Boxer's Revenge.
ORAggieFan
If you're going to drink Pliny make sure you finish with it. Last night had a Deschutes Red Chair followed by a Pliny followed by more Red Chair. Boy was the Red Chair after the Pliny disappointing.
Mustang1
AG
Any thoughts on Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale?
jwag
AG
Not sure about the Undercover but I had the Lagunitas Sucks and was underwhelmed. I like their Brown Shugga.
army01
AG
quote:
Not sure about the Undercover but I had the Lagunitas Sucks and was underwhelmed.

txaggie05
AG
quote:
I had the Lagunitas Sucks and was underwhelmed.

Blasphemy!
BSD
AG
Boo this man!

/half baked gif
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.