Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,208 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool. I saw a bomber at kroger last night that was $8.xx but passed on it hoping i could find a 6 pack for the same price /lolpoor
army01
AG
I think I paid $5-6 for a bomber at Central Market....
aggiechris06
AG
Back to the thread after a 40 day break for Lent! Hope yall didnt miss me and my ridiculous reviews lol

Anyhow, enjoying a Real Ale Brewers Cut 006 right now...a blonde barleywine....very nice with sweetness up front and delivers the piney, peaty bitterness at the end...
aggiechris06
AG
and while we are on the subject of barleywines, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot is fantastic as well. I would drink that beer everyday of the week if it was cheaper... anyone else have any of these yet and any recommendations for other best buy barleywines??
jh0400
AG
I like Old Guardian.
jetch17
AG
I hate the word 'peaty'
aggiechris06
AG
Peat-ish? Peat-like? Scotchy??
aggiechris06
AG
Bitter in an earthy manner??
aggiechris06
AG
Anyhooo...Icon Blue now...a nice black ipa after I was afraid St A would never make one...on a tour last year I asked him about a possible black ipa and he said he didn't care for the style...glad someone changed his mind...
BSD
AG
Don't listen to Jetch. He's still mad that his pet bird Petey's head fell off.

aggiechris06
AG
Any idea where I can score some DR 13?? Reading the reviews and apparently I picked a bad time to give up beer for Lent...help!
The Beer and I
Bigfoot is a very good barleywine, pretty hoppy (which isn't a bad thing). Stone Old Guardian is very good and they have the Oak smoked version also this year. I have an Old Ruffian from Great Divide, but haven't gotten into it yet.
jetch17
AG
Pretty biiiiiird
Jock 07
AG
Avery makes a good barley wine. Sisyphus is also pretty good
TxKng82
AG
Avery's barley wine is good. Bigfoot and old guardian both are pretty hoppy but good. I think may favorite barley wine was DR10. Wish that stuff was sold year round.
TxKng82
AG
DP, but I'll had I had the Chicken foot barley wine the other day at the saucer and it was good. Pretty sweet and maybe not enough hops after drinking Bigfoot and stone but a good beer.

[This message has been edited by Txkng82 (edited 4/1/2013 10:39p).]
La Fours
AG
aggiechris, are you in CS? I might be willing to part with a 12oz bottle of DR13.
aggiechris06
AG
In Houston:P..
BSD
AG
What's your email, Chris?
Womackster
AG
Love this thread
gordo97
AG
currently my favorite barleywine is Griffin's Bow by Sam Adams
NColoradoAG
Oh that's it! I've had it with this place! We got no food, no jobs!........our pets heads are falling off!

Did Texas see any Firestone Walker Sucaba? That's a kickass barleywine.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 4/2/2013 2:17p).]
jkn09
AG
I haven't seen any, NColorado. Just the porter, Wookey Jack, Union Jack, DBA, and 31. Not that there's anything wrong with those.
cpscAG06
AG
Dallas had it on tap a couple of weeks ago
aggiechris06
AG
Have to disagree on the Griffins Bow...actually was my least favorite of the Sam Adams Bombers...

and at the risk of having to re establish a new email address because for some reason the private messaging isn't working for me, texasaggiechris06 at gmail
jetch17
AG
Cheers, a Tuesday celebration of finally closing one of the deals I've been waiting on

Robert C. Christian
AG
Aggiechris, you can't message because you don't have stars.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Boulevard Brewing Company bottle conditioned ales!
jetch17
AG
Lordy

aggiechris06
AG
So you have to pay to PM?? Man, you think I would have known that by now!
BSD
AG
Nice, Jetch. Nice.

Chris, email sent.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Yep, that's how they get you. First it's PMs and new emoticons, then you discover the secrets of AO, which makes you want to see what Liucci knows. Then what about the mystery that is Varsity? Before you know it you're in way too deep.
aggiechris06
AG
between the football thread and this 1, texags takes way too much of my time as it is. No way am I paying them so that I can give them more of my time...
Jock 07
AG
How could I forget the Sucaba. Had the 13 this past weekend and the 12 back in Feb. probably one of if not the best barleywine. Still readily available round here if anyone wants me to grab em a bottle or three.
62strat
AG
Denver ags, a new brewpub is in the works.

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2013/04/two_rock_bottom_brewers_will_open_lowdown_brewery.php

Phil, mentioned in the article, is the brewer at the Rock Bottom I go to pretty much every Tuesday. He's a great guy, I wish him success. Beer and pizza, can't go wrong.
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.