Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,409 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
fav13andac1)c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Enjoying some Black Butte Porter tonight. Damn that's good!
AggieOO
jock - wasn't a fan of that one. it wasn't terrible, but i definitely wouldn't buy another one.
Jock 07
AG
Yeah the hibiscus intrigued me. I also picked up a small bottle of a hibiscus beer from the brewery rhey collaborated with on that one.
The Beer and I
Finally got some Sixpoint 3Beans. If you're a coffee drinker, this is a must have. Too bad it's not very readily available anymore.
WorkBoots09
AG
Picked up a Mephistopheles stout (2012) at Whole Paycheck. Here's another reeeally complex rich beer. 16 point freaking 2 percent ABV, are you kidding me?! This ones gonna hurt in the morning.

Also got a Rogue double chocolate stout, Samuel smith organic chocolate stout, new world porter, Firestone DBA, Northstar imperial porter, sublimely self righteous, espresso Oaked yeti, and a harpoon winter warmer. One last heavy beer fling before I switch over to spring bocks and pales.
62strat
AG
Yeh Avery has 6 beers up in the high teens. 3 of them imperial stouts.
jah003
S
Took down a Firestone Walker DBA and an Expresso Oak Aged Yeti last night. Both excellent, delicious beers.
tremble
AG
Had the Sumblimely Self-Righteous last night. Good stuff.
AggieOO
Craft pride has DR 13, bishops barrel, and black crack. Or at least had them yesterday.
La Fours
AG
Where is this craft pride?
proudaggie02
AG
I just had Supplication, Consecration, and Damnation at a Russian River tap takeover. Very good beer, but maybe not quite as good as the hype.

The Supplication was my favorite. I don't drink sours all that often, but I really like them when I do.
Vernada
AG
Had my first Lawnmower today after cleaning up the garage a bit... Really good post yard work type beer.
Vernada
AG
Putting down a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 now. Solid.

[This message has been edited by Vernada (edited 3/23/2013 5:30p).]
AggieOO
Rainey street. New beer bar. 54 taps of only Texas beers.
The Beer and I
Nice pick up Vernada. I'm having a couple of Ska Brewing Modus Hoperandi now. Also picked up some DFH Aprihop that I might get into later.
AggieOO
Craft pride still has all three. Black crack is request only, its not out in the cooler.
Vernada
AG
And still, no one knows wtf craft pride is.
Vernada
AG
Putting down a Hellfighter now.
The Beer and I
Apparently it's in Austin. How's the Hellfighter? I loved the BBA version, so I picked up a bomber of the regular on Monday.
AggieOO
The place sure is busy for no one knowing what it is. Sorry it bothers you.

[This message has been edited by aggieoo (edited 3/23/2013 9:25p).]
La Fours
AG
AggieOO, can you buy bottles to go?
AggieOO
Yes. They have a bottle shop.

I got mine and took them to the car.
WorkBoots09
AG
The rib and I went down to the Revolver brewery today for a tour. Man, that is a fun fun place. They had all 4 of their offerings pouring, and by far my favorite is Mothers Little Fracker. Awesome toasty stout. They don't have their bottling line up yet, but they're hoping for summer. They distribute in the DFW area, so if you can find it definitely grab a glass of the stout and also their wheat bear Blood and Honey. It's made with local honey and Texas blood orange zest.

Their brewmaster worked for Sam Adams for a long time and he and his wife are Aggies class of 84. Great guy to talk to.
bmc13
AG
I really liked this year's don jalapeño and green flash's Serrano stout
Vernada
AG
quote:
The place sure is busy for no one knowing what it is. Sorry it bothers you.

[This message has been edited by aggieoo (edited 3/23/2013 9:25p).]

It only bothers me because they apparently have awesome beer and someone had already asked where it was. And you keep posting and acting liking its some damn secret. Which isn't cool.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Apparently it's in Austin. How's the Hellfighter? I loved the BBA version, so I picked up a bomber of the regular on Monday.

It's good, but nothing compared to the BBA. I have a Dogfather that I will probably drink tomorrow which should be a good comparison.

The depth that BBA has just makes it untouchable.
bmc13
AG
bourbon barrel hell fighter

and dog father
Vernada
AG
Good to hear. The Dogfather was a steal at only $8.
bmc13
AG
bomber?

had a draft for around $6 the other night. awesome if you got a bomber
The Beer and I
I passed on the dogfather the other day because I already hit my limit at specs. I've been looking for the ommegang art of darkness and found it there. I'm hoping you tell me that I made the right decision.
Vernada
AG
Yes it's a bomber. Pretty sure it was $8 and change. I almost passed it up. Certainly under ten.
AggieOO
Veranda - if you actually followed the posts, I told everyone where it is. If you need the exact address, I can look that up for you...Rainey street isn't a secret...for those in Austin, that's like saying something is on 6th street.

[This message has been edited by aggieoo (edited 3/23/2013 11:40p).]
AggieOO
I also assume you don't have google...
62strat
AG
quote:
I just had Supplication, Consecration, and Damnation at a Russian River tap takeover. Very good beer, but maybe not quite as good as the hype.

The Supplication was my favorite. I don't drink sours all that often, but I really like them when I do.

I had the supplication and consecration as well. We left around 2-2:30, may have crossed paths!
army01
AG
Had a DR13 bomber and a sixer of Torpedo last night....this morning was a bit rough...
First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.