Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,092 Views | 62477 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by 62strat
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
heading to horse brass pub tonight. i love that they have so many rotators on tap.
AggieOO
bottle my christmas ale tonight

713nervy
AG
Bought Jester King Wytchmaker today. Saving it till Christmas, though
hbc07
AG
At horse brass. Starting out with grand cru bourbon and brandy barrel aged doppel from black diamond and then finally going to try Pliny
bonfirewillburn
AG
if we are talking RRB, ill chip in to get some temp and damnation!!!!!!!!!
hbc07
AG
Beer 3 = cask conditioned wreck the halls from full sail
hbc07
AG
This is strong beer
jetch17
AG
Fresh Hop was just that, a decent hoppy IPA. I know this was made literally with fresh hops (within 24 hours of getting them in the NW to Colorado), pretty floral but pretty on par with other IPAs out there.

army01
AG
Last night's choices were Rogue Santa's private reserve (not bad at all) and Buffalo Bill's Original Pumpkin Ale (meh -- decent for about 8 oz, then just got tired of the flavor).

Tonight, I am sipping on a Sam Adams Wee Heavy, which is great, but the Scotch Ales are my favorite, so no big shock there.
gordo97
AG
armyo1..... where did you find that rahr&sons bourbon barrell ale?
army01
AG
Central Market in Fort Worth had 200 cases last Friday.
jetch17
AG
just right on a chilly night

EFE
AG
Instead of trying to figure out what the other hasn't Bought for themselves this year, my brother and I are swapping six packs of specialty beers, crazier the better. I've already ordered voodoo, what else should I get him?
jetch17
AG
keeping with Rogue, i saw this at Central Market last week. Might make for a fun addition for a wacky 6 pack "Captain Sigs Northwestern Ale"

hbc07
AG

spartan didn't like it. in fact she started coughing and dying. I on the other hand am enjoying it. i may grab another one or two to store for a little while since apparently it gets better with age?
62strat
AG
don't think i've ever seen a barley wine in a 12oz bottle.

713nervy
AG
I have 12 of them at the top of my closet. (Divine Reserve from SA)
62strat
AG
well, a regular release I should say.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
mmm sierra nevada celebration
AggieOO

not sure if i'm drinking beer or gasoline. also not sure if i like it or not. i do know that its going to make me drunk.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 12/7/2011 9:30p).]
LCE
AG
62strat,

I believe Old Foghorn is a year around release.
jbennett13
AG
Aggie00:

Though I haven't had that brew by Clown Shoes, the ones I have had were excellent. I had an imperial russian stout the other day that was 10.2%. It was nice, but he brewer/name is escaping me at the moment.

Also, how long have you been homebrewing? Just started in October. It is all kind of addicting. Brewing only extract+steep right now looking to go partial. I have an Irish Red IPA that I'm bottling tonight plus 5 gals of 9% apfelwein that I'm bottling tonight as well.
EFE
AG
Went with these for my brother's Christmas sixer, the voodoo will be here next Wednesday

AggieOO
All the other clown shoes I've had have been pretty tasty.

As for homebrewing, I've only been at it for 6 months, but I've taken to it. I've had a lot of really good beers. I do partials right now b/c I don't have a mash run, although I did one small batch of all grain. I'm taking a break until after the holidays, b/c I have too much beer that needs to be drunk...close to 300 bottles.
62strat
AG
Man i've been in a homebrewing slump. I did a whole bunch late last year when i built my keezer, had 6 gallons going, did another batch in late winter/spring.. stopped for the summer, but haven't done one since cooler weather yet.

I still have ~2-3 kegs worth of beer though.
jbennett13
AG
Homebrewing is allsome.

I'm actually involved with "investors" so all of my 5 gal batches are split.

With that said, I will have a 6.5 gal, 6 gal & 2 5 gal fermenters open next week. It will be a fun week of beer making!

I'm with you on not having a mash tun yet. I am going to have one by Feb at the latest.

I want to homebrew a Maredsous clone soooo bad!
jetch17
AG
Had the Karbach Hellfighter today, along with the Sympaty lager, Wiesse/versa wheat, Abita Andygator, Real Ale Coffee Porter

Hellfighter

BSD
AG
I'm addition to the wine posted on the other thread, I had the RRBC Salvation and the RRBC Damnation 23 tonight. Wow...delicious! The last few days have been pretty amazing from a food/beer/wine perspective. Back to reality tomorrow though.
aggiespartan
AG
tasty

army01
AG
Last night's dessert:

I have never had Lagunitas Brown Shugga, so I do not know what I missed by not being able to have it this year. That being said, I would buy this one again.
EFE
AG
These just came in. Can't stand that I have to wait until Christmas to open them...
duck79
AG
Old Foghorn is not a year round but they usually ship in enough to try and let people buy up so that it lasts as long as possible. Bigfoot does the same thing.

Sysyphus is also in a 12oz bottle and this years is already out.
army01
AG
Decided to try the Rogue Chocolate Stout tonight....

chocolatey with a slight hops taste...still prefer Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout...

[This message has been edited by army01 (edited 12/15/2011 8:08a).]
DonaldFDraper
AG
Deschutes Jubelale, Rahr Bourbon Aged Winter Warmer, and Real Ale Coffee Porter last night.
LCE
AG
North Coast Old Stock Ale later tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.