Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,389 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by swampstander
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loving the way you arranged everything for the photo. Much better than my average picture.

Sorry about the dented cans. I took a calculated risk on my packaging and I guess it didn't turn out well.

I feel like one can isn't enough to get a full understanding of a beer. I'm not sure two is either, but I have to draw a line somewhere.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Was there last night. Definitely more upscale than Hemisphere and Woodcreek is/were. Matches the crowd for sure. Wish they had some more beers available but, will see how it is onve they are fully up and running.
CDub06
AG
That is a bucket list type haul.
CDub06
AG
I edited my original post actually because I didn't realize they were BRAND new. I'm a fancy boy and I'm really freaking digging the setup. It's among the nicest taprooms I've ever visited. I'm feeling pampered even though I've had to move on to beers that aren't really my style. Everything has been slightly above average for the styles I've tried. But the vibe makes up for it.
Hudson2508
AG
Been awhile since I got a porch bomb. Had to make a special order for my Crested Butte trip.

Robert C. Christian
AG
Totally agree on the fanciness of it. Easily of the nicer brewery setups I have been too. Probably helps that they had a ton of cash to start vs. getting started in a warehouse district. I am looking forward to getting back there to try their other beers.
62strat
AG
Ahh the dreaded last full day.

FriedTex
AG
So so so good - Equal Parts
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Awesome as usual.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I know I'm probably in the minority on this but I'm glad Oktoberfests are coming out. I can sit in the AC and pretend it's October and doesn't feel like the surface of the sun outside.

dave99ag
AG
Marzens equal it's time for Aggie Football!
62strat
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

I know I'm probably in the minority on this but I'm glad Oktoberfests are coming out. I can sit in the AC and pretend it's October and doesn't feel like the surface of the sun outside.

I brew my marzens in March like the nomenclature suggests and usually tap into it for the first time in late May/early June! One of my favorite styles.
IronRed13
AG
Saint Arnold's Commitment Barrel tour. Bday party for a 1yo. He won't remember, so the rest of us shouldn't either! Accompanying bourbons for 2 of the barrels
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I really regret not snatching that box set.
maca1028
They're churning out some good stuff.
jah003
S
So... I finally got around to checking the March Madness spreadsheet. Here's the list of people who have still not sent:

wheatables02
bbry81
DillmanUMR

It is possible that you sent and didn't update the spreadsheet, so if that is the case please let me know.

Now... if you haven't sent yet... now's the time to get to it. We are sitting at about 4 months since the contest ended. I hate to be that guy... but I will be that guy.

bbry81... I do still owe you a last place box, but it's hella hard to find crappy enough beer. So... it may just end up as a mediocre/good box. Should be coming your way next week, though.
txag2008
AG
Dillman gave his box months back (he's not on TA)
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

Awesome. Thanks!
Ags #1
AG

jetch17
AG
jah003 said:

txag2008 said:

Awesome. Thanks!

62strat
AG
When your neighbor drives to Vermont, but when he gets back realizes he has no place to put all this lol.

I knew the empty 12cu footer in the basement under the stairs would have a use one of these days.
Jock 07
AG
First Drekker, I'm pretty impressed. Sure do wish they were around back when I was in a beer wasteland in Minot for 4 years.
dave99ag
AG
Olympics time!

Wheatables02
AG
jah003 said:

So... I finally got around to checking the March Madness spreadsheet. Here's the list of people who have still not sent:

wheatables02
bbry81
DillmanUMR

It is possible that you sent and didn't update the spreadsheet, so if that is the case please let me know.

Now... if you haven't sent yet... now's the time to get to it. We are sitting at about 4 months since the contest ended. I hate to be that guy... but I will be that guy.

bbry81... I do still owe you a last place box, but it's hella hard to find crappy enough beer. So... it may just end up as a mediocre/good box. Should be coming your way next week, though.

I delivered to his doorsteps last Thursday.
jwag
AG
Thanks Wheat!
maca1028
Sipping on some freetail in SA.
bbry81
I will get mine out hopefully by end of next week. How do you guys pack the beer? Diary time shipping.
ChipFTAC01
AG
JW?
maca1028
Yessir
BSD
AG
Not too bad after three days in the backcountry.

CDub06
AG
Few stops in Austin this weekend. Knocked two off my to do list: Southern Heights and Oddwood. Met a friend at Hold Out and took a recommendation for Batch (Kolaches).

I enjoyed all of them. The vibe at Austin breweries is just the best.

Batch was the best just because it was great but also because their variety was awesome. They did some unique stuff. Oddwood had some REALLY good IPAs. Hold Out surprised me - some good IPAs but also a couple of great pilsners. Southern Heights was pretty good across the board., their Tahitian Dreamin NEIPA took the cake though.

It's been too long for me to rank my all time favorites, but all 4 of these were REALLY good and rank in the upper echelon of Austin.

Shout out to Pinthouse, Lazarus, Blue Owl, (and Jester King duh) for those other must visits.
CDub06
AG
I try to bring a few cans back for a neighbor of mine and some other friends. But this is the coolest thing I've seen for to go.

Hold Out Brewing has to go flights.
jah003
S
I was real impressed with Hold Out as well. Once that construction is done it should be even better. I'd be there way more often if it wasn't so damn far.

My official Austin Top 5 (of the 20 or so I've been to...)
1. Austin Beerworks
2. Jester King
3. PHP
4. Redhorn
5. Oddwood/Batch
fav13andac1)c
AG
Just got back from an excellent trip to Denver, CO, for many reasons. Finally got my hands on some Lawson's Sip of Sunshine, and it did not disappoint, among other snags and amazing hikes. Bucket is full over here!

CDub06
AG
Redhorn is at the top of my to do list simply because of how much they're talked about on here. Next time...
First Page Last Page
Page 1625 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.