Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,478 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My only complaint is that even though I went to the brewery in person, they sold me 6 week old beer for both packs I bought. Tough to be beat though.
NColoradoAG
Bulldog73 said:

My only complaint is that even though I went to the brewery in person, they sold me 6 week old beer for both packs I bought. Tough to be beat though.

I'm not impartial by any means, but I do know that WeldWerks has a very high quality canning line that they've dialed in very well. Also in my experience a lot of hazy IPAS taste better in the 4-6 week mark than the 1-2 week mark.
Bulldog73
AG
Exactly true, and it was great. I'm just slow at consuming so starting while it's still "ripe" is better for me.
Jock 07
AG

62strat
AG
Going to cabo next week and came across this

https://bajabrewingcompany.com/company/our-story

3 dudes from Colorado lol.

I'm guessing ol' Brock and company down in H-town wouldn't like this;
"Inside [our original restaurant] you'll find artistic figures that reflect the spirit of Mxico, including an original statue of Saint Lucas, the patron saint of brewers."

Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/patron_saints.shtml

Apparently people need to say someone is a patron Saint of brewers rather than the patron Saint. Freaking Santa Clause is considered one by some.
62strat
AG
shoot.. didn't know there were that many patron saints of brewing.
Ags #1
AG

Bmac04
AG
Really enjoyed b5
ag88man
AG
I thought this might give a few of you a laugh.

https://babylonbee.com/news/strong-link-found-between-enjoying-ipas-having-your-mouth-washed-out-with-soap-as-a-child
62strat
AG
ag88man said:

I thought this might give a few of you a laugh.

https://babylonbee.com/news/strong-link-found-between-enjoying-ipas-having-your-mouth-washed-out-with-soap-as-a-child

looks like somebody needs to make a Ralphie IPA

Ags #1
AG
It was really good. No batch 1 though
Ags #1
AG

CDub06
AG
What a ridiculous setting for a brewery

62strat
AG
Paradox has a killer location too, west of CO springs.

steve00
AG
Decided to follow the instructions today about drinking from the can. Tastes good either way to me.
Jock 07
AG
62strat said:

Wow they've really updated since I was there last. Have come a long way since their small spot in Woodland Park
CDub06
AG
Wow. I love that.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

62strat said:

Wow they've really updated since I was there last. Have come a long way since their small spot in Woodland Park
yeh we visited woodland park location back in 2015. They moved out to divide I wanna say maybe 3 years ago, and we finally visited the new location a few months ago. It's fantastic.
jah003
S
Drinking Aloha Y'all at the new Redhorn.
Chipotlemonger
AG
New Redhorn?! Must have missed that, how does it compare?
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

New Redhorn?! Must have missed that, how does it compare?

Same vibe but at least twice as big. Guessing this will become their main area for brewing going forward.
turfman80
AG
Went into the store for something else but saw a canning date barely three weeks old. No brainer!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Hudson2508
AG
Love that podcast Steve. Been on a deep George Jones dive over the last month because of it. Oh and excellent beer too.
ag88man
AG
Pretty much the opposite of this thread, but I thought y'all might enjoy. Make sure you read the last paragraph.

https://thetakeout.com/frank-reynolds-rancher-wyoming-1847290334
Jock 07
AG

FriedTex
AG

ChipFTAC01
AG
That looks amazing. How is it? I'm ready for some stout szn
FriedTex
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

That looks amazing. How is it? I'm ready for some stout szn
It was solid, it wasnt as sweet as id imagine when I bought it a couple of months ago but still worth it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Took a day trip to the coast and hiked down to "Secret Beach" outside of Brookings, Oregon. Pretty spectacular beach with a waterfall that dumps out at the ocean.

Beer wasn't half bad either. This is an yearly beer that is always fantastic from Block 15 in Corvallis and Fort George in Astoria.

Scriffer
AG
Raise a glass to One Eyed Willy
CDub06
AG
Another work trip to southeast Idaho.

Pocatello:
Knocked off two new breweries in town.
Off the Rails - Most offerings were above average which was enough to impress me. Their flagship is an old school DIPA which was TERRIFIC.
Star Route - Was looking forward to trying this one, but they had some BAD beer. Nothing was true to style and some were just downright bad. The highlight was a hazy IPA that drank more like a Belgian.

I need to check out Jim Dandy again because I think it's still probably the best in town, but Off the Rails could contend.

Twin Falls:
First time stopping, so everything was new to me here.
Koto Brewing - Probably the best Idaho brewery east of Boise. This spot impressed me with some good hazies. Also, they had some tremendous food.
Milner's Gate - Pretty much your standard offerings. Everything was pretty average. Their Czech Pilsner was the best of the bunch.

Alpine, WY
Melvin Brewing - A known commodity in this part of the world. Often among the best options on tap at a local establishment. I've been to the location in Jackson before, but this was worth the stop here just for the experience. Unfortunately, they were doing some renovations, but it's still such a serene spot tucked into a lakeside landscape of mountains. Pretty unbeatable. Their IPAs are usually quite good, but on this visit, I had Ruckus, a Russian imperial, and it was PHENOMINAL. Maybe the best I've ever had of the style.

Ogden, UT
UTOG Brewing - Cool spot (met an Ag there). Tap beers were actually quite flavorful for the <5% limit. Wanted to try a couple of their higher ABV cans, but had to move on before I had the chance. The Pale Ale stood out as one of the best <5%s I've had in the state.
Ogden River Brewing - It's hard to pick a favorite between these two. This was another that impressed with their low ABV options. They had a fantastic selection of tap beers (for Utah). Derailment was one of the best hazies I've had on tap in the state.

I've not tried Talisman yet, but these two are hard to beat in Ogden. And they certainly blow Roosters away, which is probably the worst I've been to in Utah.
jwag
AG
A simply bad*** haul from Steve00. Thanks! Can't wait to try some of these bois.
jetch17
AG
Dam son
CDub06
AG
Quick old school road trip in TEXAS! Knocking around Rockwall tonight. Siren Rock is BEAUTIFUL.

Ok...I just learned that this is their first week open and their grand opening is on the 31st. They're holding their non "flagship" stuff back for weekends and the grand opening. But branding and decoration wise, this place is REALLY well done. It's just so nice in here.
First Page Last Page
Page 1624 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.