Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,889 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quincey P. Morris
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jock 07
AG
Kyle98 said:

Celebrating my promotion to Major with some Yellow Rose! (and finished my last class for my MBA yesterday)

Hell yea man, congrats!! Enjoy that FGO pay & BAH
Kyle98
AG
Thanks! BAH is only $18 more a month, but the base pay bump is nice, that's for sure! The only problem is that now people expect that I actually know what I'm doing!! :-)
La Fours
AG
Congrats.
maca1028
Congrats!
Objective Aggie
AG
Great Raft sour ale. Really enjoy this one.
jwag
AG
Thanks Chipotlemonger and Dr. Lady Dave! Good job, many new brews to try.

dave99ag
AG
Enjoy!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Enjoy! That trophy is beautiful.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
That death and taxes is freaking phenomenal.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
My favorite of the blends is #001 from the last RR Cellar Society spring release.

https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Cellar-Society-Tasting-Notes-Spring-2021-Shipment.pdf

CDub06
AG
Alright, back from Tahoe. Seriously beautiful place.

As for the beer...

South Tahoe:
South Lake Brewing Company: Solid brewery with some GREAT branding and a cool space. Just had IPAs here and they leaned West Coast style. They were all quite good.
Slidellis: Another nice Tahoe venue. I loved the variety and the unique recipes. Everything here was above average - no disappointments. The sours were probably the best.
South of North Brewing: Average, but that was still better than expected. Just your typical brewery offerings. Very cool spot though.
------------------------------
The Hangar: Not a brewery, but a bottleshop and tap room in South Tahoe. TREMENDOUS selection. I just missed DDH Pliny on draft, but got a couple other RR brews along with some other big California hitters like Humble Sea and Barebottle. Great venue, knowledgeable staff. Just an amazing place.
------------------------------

North Side:
The Good Wolf: This place REALLY impressed me. Nothing was absolutely mind blowing, but the beers were good and off the charts in uniqueness. Lots of hop forward stuff and the IPAs were great. Half of the menu was devoted to "Forest Beers" which incorporated ingredients from the surrounding Tahoe Forest in homage to the flavors of the forest. Just cool.
Alibi Aleworks - Great area brewery. Good stuff all around. IPAs were the best of theirs. They had some fun creative brews too.
FiftyFifty Brewing Co: I knew them from their highly praised Eclipse series. I tried the Banana Moonpie version and it was good, but didn't match the hype. I have no doubt the other variations are better. The IPAs were all very good too.

Reno:
Revision Brewing: My number one "To Do" in Reno was this spot. And they didn't disappoint. Best brewery of the trip. They do hazies the best and their stuff is on par with Spindletap.
Great Basin Brewing: Above average. They had a little bit of everything. All things fine, nothing great.
Lead Dog Brewing: Another one that maxed out at above average. I wanted to like this one more and I'd give them another shot.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
This has aged well
jah003
S
So... looks like CBS added a prime time night slot for October 9th... This could potentially be the bottle share to end all bottle shares.

FriedTex
AG
Down from South Dakota and will spend a couple nights in the Houston/Galleria area

Any recommendations on places to hit up? Tap rooms? Breweries? Liquor stores with the best selection?
Scriffer
AG
Going to Gulf Shores in August. Aside from hitting up the Flora Bama bar, no real plans. Anyone have recs for food and booze around there?
DaveHimself
AG
Scriffer said:

Going to Gulf Shores in August. Aside from hitting up the Flora Bama bar, no real plans. Anyone have recs for food and booze around there?

Maggie's Bottle and Tail in Orange Beach has great selection.
BurnetAggie99
Little Live Oak Weizenbock
CDub06
AG
Maggies Bottle & Tail for sure for sure. The attached restaurants are pretty good too and have a nice taplist themselves.

Big Beach Brewing was much better than I expected. Nice little brewery for the area.

Pensacola has some good breweries too.
Scriffer
AG
Thanks! I spy Westbrook Gose on their Google profile...
La Fours
AG
There's a buccee's on I-10 where you exit to go to Gulf Shores. They had Ghost in the Machine there when we went last summer.
maca1028
Just dropped in to say **** the dodgers!
maca1028
La Fours said:

There's a buccee's on I-10 where you exit to go to Gulf Shores. They had Ghost in the Machine there when we went last summer.

They had a lot of white oak jai alai too.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Some Blind Pig straight from the source. The wife had Apical Dominance which was melon-y greatness, and our baby wanted to drink what we were having.
Pic on their patio with diaper bag in tow.

jah003
S
Well... we did it. That abomination of a school year is over. I never want to see a zoom screen again.
FriedTex
AG
Night beers at B52s
steve00
AG
Here's a nice west coast dipa from El Segundo Brewing. The name references the many miles of bike lanes along the beach around LA. Coming off a few Two Hearted, it is super dank and crisp.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations, jah! Cheers to that being over for you.
Jock 07
AG
steve00 said:

Here's a nice west coast dipa from El Segundo Brewing. The name references the many miles of bike lanes along the beach around LA. Coming off a few Two Hearted, it is super dank and crisp.

I've ridden that stretch of the strand many times while living here. Start in hermosa ride up to see the freak show in Venice and then ride back.
steve00
AG
Nice. I would start in the morning before work where I lived in Santa Monica about a block north of Venice, go all the way through the Venice freak show, then come back up Abbott Kinney and get a coffee.

Or I would go north on the weekend toward downtown Santa Monica, ride up the pier and get beers at Father's Office.

It was less cycling and more riding a beach cruiser along the beach. Good times.

Objective Aggie
AG
Spindletap Fresh Buds.
Jock 07
AG
Love me a fathers office burger and some beer. Pretentious as hell but damn good burger.
Bulldog73
AG
What I wouldn't do for some Father's Office. Best burger I've ever had.
jah003
S
First day of summer. Crushing ABW Lagers.
maca1028
I done messed up and started getting into wine.
First Page Last Page
Page 1614 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.