Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,670,528 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by maca1028
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Jock 07 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions, didn't make it out today but am going to try and get out tomorrow. Looks like oddwood and the kolache place are pretty close so that might be worth a shot. What a brilliant model; beer and kolaches.

I think Batch brews out of Oddwood. You can walk to both. Batch reminds me of some dudes house who serves beer in the backyard.
SoTxAg
AG
I can see JK keeping up the pseudo-reservation system for awhile just to manage the crowds. Was there last saturday and was packed. On the way to JK, passed by 12 Fox, Beerburg and Fitzhugh and they were also pretty crowded.
jah003
S
Does not even remotely drink like a 10%...
CDub06
AG
Cleaned out some of my stash for a buddy's birthday/graduation party last night. Not a great shot, but this was most of it.

2016 120 minute in there. Bottles are Halfway Crooks "Fiets", Monday Night Brewing "For My Friend," Oxbow "Tex Nat."

Few other shelfies not pictured along with his killer home brew.

Still got some work to do, but this made a dent.
Objective Aggie
AG
Boys are home from A&M. Filets and Rhinestone Life.
DaveHimself
AG
Met up with Dillman this week to get my final winnings. Lovely sampler from my favorite DFW brewery, Celestial. Thanks Dylan!
I'm looking forward to paying all this back next year since I don't expect luck to strike twice.

FriedTex
AG
Are these available in Houston? Making the trek down from South Dakota on Friday
Jock 07
AG
Thanks again for all the Austin suggestions. Swung by oddwood which was excellent. Then went down the street to try and get some kolaches and beer but all of the sausage kolaches were out so I didn't stick around; but looks to be a pretty cool spot with a nice beer garden set up out back. I swear each time I make it back to town there's like 10 new breweries to check out.
La Fours
AG
Lol. You're gonna trigger some folks with that post.
jah003
S
FriedTex said:

Are these available in Houston? Making the trek down from South Dakota on Friday

I'm certain it's brewery only. Houston might get a few JK bombers, but I don't think they really distro cans.
Jock 07
AG
La Fours said:

Lol. You're gonna trigger some folks with that post.
CDub06
AG
That's because they're klobasniky you rube.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jwag, your box is on the way! Enjoy.
Jock 07
AG
CDub06 said:

That's because they're klobasniky you rube.

And there it is.

On another note finally got my hands on some ghost in the machine. That's a damn good beer. Is the tine the only place in TX where you can get it?
txag2008
AG
He doesn't post here, but he said it was nice to meet ya. Enjoy!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saint Arnold Old Fashioned is legit. And the glass is 70s style ugly so I love it.

maca1028
Mrs. Maca is getting kind of nervous with the bad weather coming in. Told her I'd go out in the garage, pull up the weather channel and watch for anything crazy. Hope all my tine folks are staying safe!
bbry81
Absolutely love the glass. Wish I was in Houston to pick one of those up.
Objective Aggie
AG

Chipotlemonger
AG
Having a Blind Pig tonight. Clear, crisp, West coast IPAs rule.
Jock 07
AG
Headed down to San Diego for the weekend, first trip since Toronado closed. Any suggestions on breweries and or/bars to try and hit up while I'm down there? Going to try and hit up Societe while we're down there, anywhere else worth checking out? We're staying at the mission bay Hyatt so bonus points for proximity.
Chipotlemonger
AG
There's a Modern Times near there that was neat. Have only been to that location of theirs though, so can't comment on what it was like versus the others.

There are so many breweries to choose from around SD. On my trip there though we were staying in La Jolla and mainly hit up breweries up north of there.

If you are a big sour fan and want to take a field trip, I highly recommend California Wild Ales. (And this is nice, just looked at their site and they have a small taproom much closer to you in the Ocean Beach neighborhood as well). They had some really great sour beers.
jgh85Ag
AG
BDCS Week.

If you are in NW Arkansas BDCS 2021 is being released and should be on tap next week.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Friday night, where's everyone at?! Beer time.

jah003
S
'Stros and Kellerbier's. 'Stros are playing like ass, but this beer is anything but (see what I did there).
Scriffer
AG
In
bbry81
Very tasty
DaveHimself
AG

Objective Aggie
AG

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
One of my favorite and most missed beers from Texas is Live Oak's Grodziskie. Chuckanut in Washington started making one and my local beer bar started carrying it. Really good! Not as smoky as live oak, but still delicious.

steve00
AG
I second the Modern Times near Mission Bay. Good spot.

Bottlecraft a block up from Toronado always had a good selection of beers and used to do tastings. I think they have several locations around town now.

Assuming you are heading north at the end of the weekend, swing by Burgeon Beer Company in Carlsbad. They have lots of hazy IPAs that are very good. Chill tasting room and you can get cans to go.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
A year and a half has done this well.
jah003
S
This is just some exceptional can art...
Kyle98
AG
Celebrating my promotion to Major with some Yellow Rose! (and finished my last class for my MBA yesterday)
jetch17
AG
Congrats
First Page Last Page
Page 1613 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.