Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,000 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by SoTxAg
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That looks fantastic. I've been wanting to check that place out but it's a bit of a hike from my side of town.
Kyle98
AG
Went to Forgotten Star Brewery in Minneapolis today. Really cool taproom. Built in a boiler room of a WW2 naval gun tube factory. Good beers. The honey porter and the Maibock were my favorites. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Going to try to get to Modist tomorrow or Thursday. Apparently the stuff closer to downtown is more restrictive still.
IronRed13
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Soooo fresh and hazy

It was a bit green still at their anniversary party. Had a lot of hop burn then.
J182
AG
Picked this up at HEB the other day. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Anyone have anything from Untitled Art before?

👽
CDub06
AG
Saw that one in a 4 pack, but didn't pick it up. I've had a few from Untitled Art ever since they started distributing out here. Most of what I've had requires a sweet tooth - their stouts and sours.

Is it just me, or are almost all of the stuff they distribute some sort of collaborations?
dave99ag
AG
Everything I've seen here has been a collab so maybe that's their MO. Their beer is hit or miss for me. I've bought some that were good and then others were WTF and seem to have gone bad.
jwag
AG
Had this one not too long ago. Was good. Must be hit or miss.
J182
AG
It seems like the Villa Maria HEB started carrying them recently. They had 3 or 4 different ones from them, but only in singles. I like to try singles especially from breweries I've never tried. Hopeful for this though.
👽
SoTxAg
AG
According to untappd i've had quite a few from Untitled Art. I generally like their beers but they do tend to be on the sweet side of things. The owner of the new braunfels brewery specifically called them out in his book for what he thinks is wrong with modern craft brewing, with too many adjunct infused beers out there. I say to each their own, and if you dont want to taste the chocolate frosted cake milk sugar stout bomb, then dont buy it.
jah003
S
SoTxAg said:

According to untappd i've had quite a few from Untitled Art. I generally like their beers but they do tend to be on the sweet side of things. The owner of the new braunfels brewery specifically called them out in his book for what he thinks is wrong with modern craft brewing, with too many adjunct infused beers out there. I say to each their own, and if you dont want to taste the chocolate frosted cake milk sugar stout bomb, then dont buy it.

So the guy that makes a beer called PKL FKR?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
No hop burn here
jah003
S
Stout weather?
SoTxAg
AG
Yes, and dont get him started on Martin House's pickle beer, he'll remind you he was first with his pkl fkr and actually has a beer coming out later this month that calls out MH on the label. Just a bit sensitive.
Jock 07
AG
SoTxAg said:

Yes, and dont get him started on Martin House's pickle beer, he'll remind you he was first with his pkl fkr and actually has a beer coming out later this month that calls out MH on the label. Just a bit sensitive.

Hilarious how sensitive some of these brewers are. dude who founded trinity in the springs was like this too, always threatening to move his brewery to Denver since the rubes didn't properly appreciate his brilliance and willingness to grace them with his presence.
jgh85Ag
AG
SoTxAg said:

Never had pkl fkr but I have heard it is terrible. One of bar tenders at the place I go to told me pkl fkr ruined their tap line a few years ago.

On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Kyle98
AG
Made it to Barrel Theory in St. Paul. Great beers. Thanks for whoever suggested it.
lne2011
AG
The weekend of the Colorado game in Denver is during the Craft Brewer's Conference in Denver as well. It's only for people in the industry, but I'm guessing bars and breweries around town will have some good offerings! GABF is happening too, but I think that's only virtual.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Based on being in Nashville for that conference once before, there will indeed be a great supply of beer around town that week from all over!
Bulldog73
AG
I'll be between CO Springs, Denver, Boulder, and into Estes this summer. Any recommendations of brews to hunt or breweries to check out?
txag2008
AG
Coaltrain Wine & Spirits in the Springs. One of the best beer selections I've ever come across.
Scriffer
AG
txag2008 said:

Coaltrain Wine & Spirits in the Springs. One of the best beer selections I've ever come across.

Agreed. I went nuts there on a trip in 2014
La Fours
AG
This is pretty good. And the name is awesome.

Jock 07
AG
I'll third Coaltrain, was a haul for me living out on the east side when I lived in the springs but every time I was on that side of town I'd make it a point to swing by there. Cerberus is a pretty good spot there in the springs as well with solid beer and a cool scene. Brisket grilled cheese is pretty damn good as well.
La Fours
AG
The last few years I have had the chance to play golf with NCol a few times when he was in town. One of those times, he really wanted me to play with his balls. Being the nice guy that I am, I happily obliged. And after several holes, I found that I really liked playing with his balls.

We texted about his balls a few times in the weeks that followed. Then one day I get a text from NCol letting me know that he was gonna get the Weldwerks logo put on them, and asked if I would like a set for myself. Uh, yes please.

Well as we all know, **** got weird last year with COVID and life in general. And guess what, I forgot about my balls. Weird huh?

Well that all ended today. NCol sent me a box of his balls with the Weldwerks logo and hooked me up with some Weldwerks beer too.

So if you ever get the chance to play with his balls, do it. You won't regret it.
jwag
AG
Thx to txag2008! Want to try that Willett.

Air fryer pics are the new outlet.
FriedTex
AG
It's ... just .... perfect
turfman80
AG
La Fours said:

The last few years I have had the chance to play golf with NCol a few times when he was in town. One of those times, he really wanted me to play with his balls. Being the nice guy that I am, I happily obliged. And after several holes, I found that I really liked playing with his balls.

We texted about his balls a few times in the weeks that followed. Then one day I get a text from NCol letting me know that he was gonna get the Weldwerks logo put on them, and asked if I would like a set for myself. Uh, yes please.

Well as we all know, **** got weird last year with COVID and life in general. And guess what, I forgot about my balls. Weird huh?

Well that all ended today. NCol sent me a box of his balls with the Weldwerks logo and hooked me up with some Weldwerks beer too.

So if you ever get the chance to play with his balls, do it. You won't regret it.

My suspicions have been confirmed....
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Jock 07
AG
Was going to try and make a run down to jester king today. Good thing I checked the website first as I didn't realize they were doing reservations. Of all breweries I would think jester king would be able to open back up fully by now, hell everything is outside. So now I'm looking for suggestions for alternatives. Any insight into oddwood? Looks interesting and promising. Not as interested in pint house or ABW as I'd like to check out something I haven't been to out here yet.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've never been to Vista but check that out too
cc10106
Batch Craft Beer & Kolaches
Meanwhile Brewing
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think they've been pretty overboard on covid stuff from the start.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea I appreciate their work in moving into more of an experience than just a brewery. There is so much out there now.

Back in the earlier pandemic days whenever they did open for on site, I didn't really get the setup. Had to reserve a block of time and they only had I think 2 a day? Then you got to go to your spot and sit and order by mobile from there.

I would figure with all of the outside restrictions getting shed that they may change their model again soon. Heck, on the weekends in the past with their outside bars setup there's really no reason now to not just serve a regular line of people. Pretty much all but one of the ordering points out there is outdoors.

Edit to add: I know a brother of a poster on here is a taproom manager there (for lack of a better term and I can't remember his title), but not fully sure where the edicts for their business operations come from. From what I can tell, Jeff is not as "strict" on everything, but I can see the employees as a whole having a big say in things out there and I imagine that's the reason for what they did last year.
DaveHimself
AG
Jock 07 said:

Was going to try and make a run down to jester king today. Good thing I checked the website first as I didn't realize they were doing reservations. Of all breweries I would think jester king would be able to open back up fully by now, hell everything is outside. So now I'm looking for suggestions for alternatives. Any insight into oddwood? Looks interesting and promising. Not as interested in pint house or ABW as I'd like to check out something I haven't been to out here yet.

Oddwood FTW. Go check them out, great beer and their taproom is open back up now.
jah003
S
You can make reservations or not. It's not required anymore. Was out there Friday and it was packed but there were still open tables. They also don't give a **** about masks.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions, didn't make it out today but am going to try and get out tomorrow. Looks like oddwood and the kolache place are pretty close so that might be worth a shot. What a brilliant model; beer and kolaches.
First Page Last Page
Page 1612 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.