Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,657,659 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by maca1028
fav13andac1)c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jh0400 said:

Snow day beers

Enjoyed Evergreen Brewery when they served at my sister's wedding. Their NEIPA is good stuff. Don't forget to snag some Weldwerks!

Other place I really enjoyed was Cabin Creek Brewing, for the setting, beer, and good food if you have the time.
jh0400
AG
I'm pretty sure I could occupy myself for a few years with all of the hiking trails, breweries, and trout fishing. We got close to a foot of snow last night, but it didn't create any issues getting around. I'm looking for a new job, and it's unlikely that I'll find one in Houston. I'm seriously considering moving Denver to the top of my list.
Jock 07
AG
Lot of worse places than Colorado. Loved my time living there and it's really the only place outside of TX I would ever consider voluntarily living long term.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Starting the weekend with a refreshing, clear, and crisp beer!

jetch17
AG

Jock 07
AG
Working on clearing out the fridge before the move in a couple months.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Always a dilemma when you move! What beer do you just drink and what do you choose to actually transport.

Short moves, it's not as big of deal...but cross country ones are where you have to start thinking.
Jock 07
AG
It really is, although this will be the shortest move yet in my career only ~ 3 hrs up the coast this time. With the lockdown this past year I've made a significant dent in my cellar.
La Fours
AG
Picked up a 4 pack Finally Weightless from NOLA brewing today. Another solid beer by NOLA.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Does anyone have a beer that a single beer can give you a hangover? Not a bomber of some 14% BBS but a regular old 12 oz can?

A few weeks ago I bought a sixer of rodeo clown for the first time in years. That night I had two along with several other beers and woke up feeling less than great. I think a neighbor drank one that night and a friend drank another at the beach. A few weeks ago I had a single Clown on a weeknight and woke up with a not insignificant headache. On Thursday I had the last one and decided there must be something about that beer that doesn't agree with me. Probably the paint thinner that AB puts in there now.

Last night I had an Elissa while out to dinner and a couple of old fashioneds at home. Feel 100%
lne2011
AG
Rodeo Clown is a DIPA at 9.5%, Elissa is an IPA at 6.6%. You had the Elissa with food, so yeah, that's not gonna do much. If you had Rodeo Clown on an empty stomach or you didn't drink much water, it could happen.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had the clown on Thursday night with a big ole steak, roasted potatoes and Brussel sprouts. And I drink plenty of high abv beers without a similar problem. This seems to be solely related to rodeo clown.
CDub06
AG
Got to B52 at 7:15am. I might have a problem.
FriedTex
AG
CDub06 said:

Or did you just wake up there from the night before?
dave99ag
AG
CDub06 said:

Is there a special release today? We're going to swing by there this afternoon.
MW13
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Always a dilemma when you move! What beer do you just drink and what do you choose to actually transport.

Short moves, it's not as big of deal...but cross country ones are where you have to start thinking.

Recently just faced this one. Made worse by the fact our house isn't ready till the end of the month so my beer fridge is currently in a buddy's garage. I did at least offer him anything out of it as a holders fee.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Interesting. I think there are other factors to consider, like how hydrated you were each day, what activity you did on either day, etc.. One that isn't talked about as often as ABV or quantity of drinks is rate of consumption. I've had the exact same amount on different evenings in the past, and when you down your drinks faster and in a shorter window, they definitely hit harder not just in buzz but also the after effects.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Definitely. Just thought it was strange when it wasn't multiple. I actually have one more left. Might have to do one more experiment in the name of "science".

I don't really ever drink any Karbach and was thinking this morning how pretty much their entire original lineup has been phased out other than Hopadillonand RC.
CDub06
AG
Nah. Just their annual 10k.

That oaked Vienna is great. The wheez is still just not my favorite. I don't know why they beat that drum so hard.
jh0400
AG
This is delicious.

Bulldog73
AG
I've got some Lagunitas Waldo chilling in the fridge now for a night cap after some Parish Envie with the crawfish supper.
hbc07
AG
For my quarterly post on this thread with my slow roll through beer I should have drank years ago... tonight drinking Widmer Brothers Brothers' Reserve: Barrel Aged Brrrbon Fall 2010.

Still have a variety of random stouts and barleywines to drink.
La Fours
AG
Very cool. How well did it hold up?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Camping on the Oregon coast and playing some golf. Pretty good campfire beer.

Golf at Bandon (Sheep Ranch) was great, but juuuust a little foggy. Could see about 200 yards usually.

hbc07
AG
Well enough. Still had decent carbonation. Had gotten a bit syrupy, but could still taste the underlying BRRRBON. The actual bourbon flavor came through pretty well.

Up next might be an old ass bottle of Russian River Beatification.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome
Scriffer
AG
2013 Abyss courtesy of Dave way back in the day. Still drinking great
La Fours
AG
Abyss is one of my all time favorites.
dave99ag
AG
Built a climbing wall for the kids. Time to enjoy the day!
Wheatables02
AG
Anyone with a samsung getting errors posting pics here and untappd for three weeks or so now?
jah003
S
Yo jwag. Stomach bug ravaged our house this weekend. Packing up your box today... should be headed your way this week. Should be stomach bug free...
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Built a climbing wall for the kids. Time to enjoy the day!

We all know that's for you...
dave99ag
AG
The wall is only 8' tall so I'm pretty much up to the top with one move. The boy loves it though!
ChipFTAC01
AG
You build it in the house or in the garage or outside?
Kyle98
AG
Dave, been a crazy last couple of weeks, but this week looks better. I'm going beer shopping tomorrow or Wednesday to pick up a couple of things to add to what I have at home for you. I'll get my contribution in the mail this weekend, hopefully.
First Page Last Page
Page 1607 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.