Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,051 Views | 62618 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Jock 07
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Drinking beers with mini marshmallows... casual.
dave99ag
AG
RV got damaged from the hail storm and killed our Alpine trip, so we're grilling and beering tonight.

CDub06
AG
Stopped by Frankenboltzzzz Brewery (dumb name) in Dobbin on the way to Aggie Soccer. Surprised to see it pop up. Cool spot in a tiny town. It was mainly locals that knew each other. Kind of seemed like a community center of sorts.

They're going to focus on more traditional styles. Lots of malt heavy stuff on tap with a few guests, but the stouts were top notch. Great place for Dobbin for sure.

I'll stop by on future trips through. Interested in seeing what they become.
CDub06
AG
Anchorage is always so solid. This DIPA (Nervous) was incredibly juicy.

I'm really enjoying some of these new hops becoming more & more common. This one has Strata and Cashmere, which I've really been digging. Both offer different flavor profiles than the typical American hops.
Jock 07
AG
The OG.
Half in the glass half from the can. Both damn good. Also crazy to think how relatively clear heady is in comparison to all the NE IPAs out there today.

La Fours
AG
Happy birthday JAH!

jah003
S
La Fours said:

Happy birthday JAH!

Thank you sir! Currently at swimming lessons, but I bet I can rustle up some beers tonight...
Robert C. Christian
AG
jah003 said:

La Fours said:

Happy birthday JAH!

Thank you sir! Currently at swimming lessons, but I bet I can rustle up some beers tonight...
Better late than never to learn how to swim!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Found Waldo.

FriedTex
AG
Had that at a bar on Sunday - 6/10 it was alright
jah003
S
Just one more year and I can be president... because all that's stopping me now is obviously my age.

Cheers Gents!
Jock 07
AG

Hudson2508
AG
Dave, I think your porch just got bombed. Got the tracking update that it was delivered.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Dave, I think your porch just got bombed. Got the tracking update that it was delivered.
I'm more curious as to what small liquid sample you included.
DaveHimself
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Wifey confirmed. Anxiety killing me until I get home to open!

jwag
AG
Received a nice haul from MattJaxson and Wife today for the tournament. Can't wait to try some Southern Grist, etc. Will post pics this weekend. Thanks Matt!
DaveHimself
AG
Hudson2508 said:

First beer box arrived, thanks Hudson! Everything made it safely. Admittedly I had to look up that little bottle of essential oil and holy crap! Thanks man, great mix of beers that I haven't had and that George T. Stagg is going to make a great mixer

Oh, and masterful packaging...Luna approves

jah003
S
Objective Aggie
AG
More Jester King.
Really good.
turfman80
AG
DaveHimself said:

Hudson2508 said:

First beer box arrived, thanks Hudson! Everything made it safely. Admittedly I had to look up that little bottle of essential oil and holy crap! Thanks man, great mix of beers that I haven't had and that George T. Stagg is going to make a great mixer

Oh, and masterful packaging...Luna approves

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Chipotlemonger
AG
Beautiful, very jealous of that haul!

Okay now post a pic with the outlet not blurred out.
Hudson2508
AG
Glad it made it there safely. Let me know what you think of the Stagg, one of my favorite bourbons ever.
Hudson2508
AG
Also, if anyone hasn't tried Live Oak's Baltic pick some up at the brewery, one of the best Baltic porters I've tasted. Also Tree Hugger is great as well.

Anyone tried the Pinthouse Cactus Blaster yet? I kept two for myself to try this weekend.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Also, if anyone hasn't tried Live Oak's Baltic pick some up at the brewery, one of the best Baltic porters I've tasted. Also Tree Hugger is great as well.

Anyone tried the Pinthouse Cactus Blaster yet? I kept two for myself to try this weekend.

Honestly one of the best beers PHP makes. Think Emilio is a touch better... It's a running joke in my beer group. Anytime anyone has a Cactus Blaster... "Gonna go do some Blastin"
DaveHimself
AG
Hudson2508 said:

I can confirm it's fantastic. Velvety smooth and packs some heat too at 10.5.

jh0400
AG
Drinking beers ahead of early last call due to the snow.

FriedTex
AG
First time and damn good. Fresh from Nebraska "Juice and Desist" 9.4abv hazy double ipa

maca1028
Pinthouse never disappoints.
Jock 07
AG
FriedTex said:

First time and damn good. Fresh from Nebraska "Juice and Desist" 9.4abv hazy double ipa

Is Kros Strain distributing outside of NE? They opened a little over a year before I moved from Omaha, used to ride my bike over there.
FriedTex
AG
They were selling singles at JJ's in Sioux Falls when I went through today
jetch17
AG
A quiet Friday afternoon with a Sir William Nelson

jh0400
AG
Snow day beers
ChipFTAC01
AG
Do you live up in Evergreen?
jh0400
AG
Nope. Just visiting, but I spent the morning looking at real estate and jobs around Denver. I love Houston but could easily be convinced to move away for a few years.
ChipFTAC01
AG
One of my sisters moved up there 20+ years ago. They moved to Europe and came back and bought another house on the next block. They love it up there.

My other sister was living in Chicago and they loved the area so much they followed them (ended up in SW side of town).

Spent a lot of time up in the foothills at my sister's back before kids.
First Page Last Page
Page 1606 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.