Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,319 Views | 62480 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
jwag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should be good. Thanks.
jah003
S
jwag said:

Should be good. Thanks.

Thanks!

Dave_Himself you are the clock. You've got one pick... use it wisely.
DaveHimself
AG
Done!
Just curious, am I picking 1/1/2?
jah003
S
DaveHimself said:

Done!
Just curious, am I picking 1/1/2?

Yes! That's my bad. I can't count.

jwag you are back on the clock with 4 picks.
jwag
AG
Filled.
jah003
S
Dave_Himself, you are back up with 1 pick.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How much (at least) are we sending again?
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

How much (at least) are we sending again?

Think I originally said 8 16 oz cans, but I think 6 is more reasonable. Can obviously go over. So... 100 ish oz. of beer.
DaveHimself
AG
2nd pick complete
jah003
S
Last round! jwag... you are on the clock with your last 4 picks.
jwag
AG
Done. Thanks!
dave99ag
AG
Does your wife know what's about to happen?
jah003
S
All right... let the fun begin. Or let it sink in that you now actually have to send your beer to a stranger.

Spreadsheet should be completely updated with addresses, likes/dislikes, etc. Any questions just let me know.

Try to get your beer sent out within a month or 2. I know life gets in the way sometimes and that's totally cool. Communication is key though. Shipping and in person meat ups both work. If you need shipping advice/help just let me know.

Reminder... your goal here is to send your target some cool **** they wouldn't normally have access to. So... hit up a local brewery or 7. Shoot for 100 oz., but you can obviously go over. Swag is totally acceptable as well.

Dave_Himself and jwag you are required to post pictures of your hauls for our enjoyment. bbry81 you are required to post pictures of yourself drinking ****ty beer for our enjoyment.
CDub06
AG
I love just looking at these spreadsheets and drooling over what y'all have access to. I really need to join y'all next year.

I think that every year...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
It was a good day.

That shadow of a doubt aged in Port barrels was incredible. I've got another bottle that I think I want to age for another year.

jetch17
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks Jah. My life is chaotic right now so sorry for dropping the ball. We decided to move with toddlers in the middle of the busiest professional time of my life. Need to get my priorities straight and drink more beer.

I'll get my box ready to go this weekend. I happen to have a ****load of boxes and bubble wrap at the ready.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Thanks Jah. My life is chaotic right now so sorry for dropping the ball. We decided to move with toddlers in the middle of the busiest professional time of my life. Need to get my priorities straight and drink more beer.

I'll get my box ready to go this weekend. I happen to have a ****load of boxes and bubble wrap at the ready.

Attempting to move in Austin right now...
La Fours
AG
That looks like a damn good day. And I think we have the same dishwasher.
Kyle98
AG
Hudson2508 said:

We just had the entire inside of our house repainted a couple of weeks ago, and it felt like we were moving, with getting a lot of our crap packed up into boxes and into the garage. So, I also have plenty of boxes and packing materials!
maca1028
Ona Fashioned from Roughhouse Brewing.
Objective Aggie
AG
Really good Jester King. Not a good pic but ohh so good.
IronRed13
AG
Finished a good read with a great beer
maca1028
Belching Beaver Mexican chocolate peanut butter something or other stout. Pretty good.
Jock 07
AG
IronRed13 said:

Finished a good read with a great beer

Using context clues I'm guessing true anomaly? I love that brewery and need to make it back home to check it out again. Haven't been since the lockdowns.

On another note, I was browsing the shelves at total wine earlier tonight when I stumbled upon the N/A section. Couldn't believe the variety and styles folks are making N/A nowadays. Laugintas amongst others have IPAs and I even saw a gose. Not just odouls anymore.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I keep meaning to grab the Lagunitas just to see if it's somewhat decent.
BusterAg
AG
I'm just going Shiner Bock for my brisket cook tonight. No reason to get fancy when you just need a friend to help you cook.....
Hudson2508
AG
Driving around town buying Dave some amazing beer today. I'll have to taste test it before buying though for science.
maca1028
Same here, stopped by a couple of breweries earlier now sipping on some LO Gold enjoying the view of God's country.
Hudson2508
AG
Lol, I'm here now too. What area of the brewery you sitting?
maca1028
We're at Shady Llama in Wimberley right now. Stopped by Roughhouse and JK earlier.
Hudson2508
AG
Oh dang, thought you were at Live Oak. Enjoy the views out there.
maca1028
We couldn't have picked a better weekend to come out here. Weather is outstanding!
DaveHimself
AG
Can't wait!
FYI I'd be game for meeting up with those of you locals in DFW area.
Hudson2508
AG
Dave, dropping off your box Monday morning. Make sure not to throw away the little brown 2 oz bottle I stuffed in there. Might have included some rare bourbon in your box as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 1605 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.