Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,590 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolutely loved this beer... Backroads saison from Suarez Family.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
dave99ag
AG
Off-grid beers and my 4yr old boy found a huge arrowhead while hiking at our place.

Bulldog73
AG
We'll be going from Springs to Estes this summer. If we get to make one brewery stop, what should it be. /ib4Coors
turfman80
AG
There are other family members here to help me drink this monstrous stout from Barrel Theory. Delicious.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Scriffer
AG
#properglassware

Put down a yard of topsoil today, dug out a concrete-filled flower bed, and pulled a bunch of dead Indian Hawthornes. If I'm really going to reward myself, gonna compare it to the 2016 version.
jah003
S
Hotel beers in the most ridiculously small plastic glass I've ever seen...
DaveHimself
AG
Took 6 boys paintballing for their first time today for my boys bday party. Fun had by all and this hit the spot afterwards.

Objective Aggie
AG

maca1028
I've seen that at HEB a few times. How was it?
Hudson2508
AG
Loyola Chicago about to blow this **** up. Should have known after their last run.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Loyola Chicago about to blow this **** up. Should have known after their last run.

The Big 10 is a joke. Best conference my ass.
Objective Aggie
AG
maca1028 said:

I've seen that at HEB a few times. How was it?

Solid but not spectacular. Mint is not overpowering. Smooth. Curious what you think. I've only had one so I reserve the right to change my opinion. .
fav13andac1)c
AG
Planning a trip to Maine this summer, what should I most definitely get? Opportunity to shop will be limited as my wife is a non-beer-drinker/only so much luggage space. So far I have:

• Lawson's Sip of Sunshine (not Maine, I know, but I saw it was distributed there)
  • Maine Beer Company
  • Allagash (prob just their white and maybe one of the coolships)
  • Bissell Brothers
  • Goodfire

Anything else that should be on the list? Is there anything else that's not native to Maine but I should grab anyway, such as Lawson's? TIA.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Where are you visiting? Allagash is great. So many great breweries. Oxbow is another I'd recommend. Lone Pine as well.
fav13andac1)c
AG
We have our eyes set on Bar Harbor at the moment, but honestly it's up in the air. We will be visiting for 3 days. Thanks for the recs.
steve00
AG
It looks like I'm the only person who picked tu to lose in the first round. I figured more people would go with the 'always pick against tu even if they will probably win' plan.

Enjoying a few Maine Lunch bottles today.
jah003
S
Really thought I didn't buy that much lol...
FriedTex
AG
Looks like a solid weekend
Bulldog73
AG
Bulldog73 said:

We'll be going from Colorado Springs to Estes this summer. If we get to make one brewery stop, what should it be. /ib4Coors

Asking again.
Objective Aggie
AG
Solid.
Wheatables02
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Planning a trip to Maine this summer, what should I most definitely get? Opportunity to shop will be limited as my wife is a non-beer-drinker/only so much luggage space. So far I have:

• Lawson's Sip of Sunshine (not Maine, I know, but I saw it was distributed there)
  • Maine Beer Company
  • Allagash (prob just their white and maybe one of the coolships)
  • Bissell Brothers
  • Goodfire

Anything else that should be on the list? Is there anything else that's not native to Maine but I should grab anyway, such as Lawson's? TIA.

Fly into Boston. Do trillium brewery. See a red sox game. Buy a bunch of trillium and other NE IPAs to go. Stop in Boston and new hampshire at liquor stores. Buy Lawson's. Drive to bar harbor and stop at Bissell brothers on the way.

Profit.

So jealous. I did this in 2019.
jah003
S
Ok... still need to figure out who bbry81 is in the March Madness contest. Going to delete them soon if nobody can vouch.

Also... MattJaxson you have 2 entries. I'm assuming one is for your wife?

Would really like to get a definite number so I can figure out 1st and 2nd place boxes.
bbry81
Sorry I am a long time lurker on this thread. Post every once in a awhile but not often. Just mainly jealous of the beer budgets most of you have.
Robert C. Christian
AG
jah003 said:

Ok... still need to figure out who bbry81 is in the March Madness contest. Going to delete them soon if nobody can vouch.

Also... MattJaxson you have 2 entries. I'm assuming one is for your wife?

Would really like to get a definite number so I can figure out 1st and 2nd place boxes.

I checked with MJ's boss. She said it was her bracket.
jah003
S
Hot damn this is fine beverage...

If you ever find yourself in downtown Raleigh hit up the State of Beer. Selection was just absolutely ridiculous. Put an hour on the parking meter and had to go back out to feed it.
jah003
S
Standings after the 1st and 2nd round
steve00
AG
Got some cool looking Dallas beers to try out from GarlandAg2012. These are all new to me.

jh0400
AG
Hoppenheimer is one of my favorite readily available beers.
Wheatables02
AG
jah003 said:

Standings after the 1st and 2nd round

"Don't call it a comeback...."
dave99ag
AG

maca1028
Meh
Objective Aggie
AG

dave99ag
AG
Canned on 3/10.
Objective Aggie
AG
steve00
AG
This Hoppenheimer is really good. Reminds me a little bit of Karbach's IPA style with the maltiness and slight sweetness.

It's been awhile since I've had Karbach though, so my real comp is Evolution Lot 3 from southern Maryland. It is on the beer list at the places I frequented pre-pandemic and is a very solid beer. Always happy to order that.
First Page Last Page
Page 1602 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.