Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,458 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by La Fours
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noice, how is it?
Ags #1
AG
You know i was expecting better. Its solid but think i like the regualr bcbs better. This is a tad thin for what im used to from them. I wont hunt anymore down. Will try anniversary next
jetch17
AG
It's crazy, this year is the first where zero F's about bcbs are given by me - compared to a few years ago where all of us here were just trying to get one or 2 when they dropped

Don't mean that as a knock at all, just crazy to think of those long lines at specs and hunting all over town to instant sellouts of those frenzy years

Same with just seeing KBS and others sitting as shelf turds these days
62strat
AG
I stopped 'hunting' bcbs when they went to 500ml format.

Not because I don't want it, but because it pretty much sits on the shelf so there is no hunting necessary. Jake show up sometime within a month or two and you can find it. Either production is way up in the last 5 years, or people have moved on. I think someone on co beer fb group found some in like the spring one time recently, dust literally on the bottle!

I still have a few 12oz bottles of it in my cellar.
jetch17
AG
It sits seemingly all year in Houston now - of course it def changed (quality & production) after the buyout & format change. Do miss the small bottles.
Wheatables02
AG
62strat said:

Not because I don't want it, but because it pretty much sits on the shelf so there is no hunting necessary. Jake show up sometime within a month or two and you can find it. Either production is way up in the last 5 years, or people have moved on. I think someone on co beer fb group found some in like the spring one time recently, dust literally on the bottle!

I go to my local gas station/beer mart every year on black friday and grab what they have. This year I got the fog, Carmella, regular 2020, and wheatwine. I'll enjoy them but I won't hunt for them.
jah003
S
62strat said:

The value just isn't there anymore. Kicking myself for not buying more of those $25 4 packs pack in the day. I just save my stout money for a case of Willetized these days. Still the best bargain in barrel aged stouts.
CDub06
AG

Pontoon Brewing's version as a collab with Atlanta Podcast & Atlanta Beer Gang. It's a rich, roasty tiramisu take on the recipe.
Topher17
AG
62strat said:

I found quite a few BCBS Northwoods (2017) in a small CO liquor store in August of 2018. I remember being shocked to find it and bought a few. They still had 3 cases of the regular at the time too. Since then, my local HEB here in Austin has the regular version on the shelf basically year round and you can get most of the variants late into the following year. I think the combo of upping production and people moving on seemed to happen almost simultaneously.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The large format deters me big time, and is the majority of the reason I don't hunt for them much.
Jock 07
AG
For me it's the price point for the variants. This year I wasn't really interested in all of the variants but happened to be out and about when total wine opened so I figured I'd swing by to see what they had. The initial line was just finishing up and they weren't sold out of anything yet. I just bought one bottle of #4 and I was good, if there had been anniversary or birthday I might have pulled the trigger on that.
Jock 07
AG
Love this beer so much. Wish I would have bought a few more.
La Fours
AG
I had a similar experience in Salida, CO back in 2017. The liquor store I hit up had lots of BCBS from the previous 3 years or so.
Jock 07
AG
This is. Interesting.
K Bo
AG
Heading to Arkansas for a week this weekend, will be between Mena and Hot Springs, is there anything worth looking for or checking out?
Scriffer
AG
Was in the area this summer. The answer is no.

Though I did find Pseudo Sue in a liquor store, which was a nice surprise
jh0400
AG
Great Raft has distribution in Texarkana (AR side), and there are some interesting Prairie beers that tend to sit around there as well. Otherwise there isn't much good about beer in Arkansas. I'm pretty sure most counties are dry, and the ones that aren't don't sell on Sunday.

On another note, if you're going to be near the Little Missouri, the stocking of trout has started. My parents have a cabin at Camp Albert Pike, and they were thick with little fishing pressure due to the public campground closure.
K Bo
AG
That's kinda what I figured regarding beer. I doubt there'll be much fishing but I'm bringing my 5wt just in case. Thanks!
jgh85Ag
AG
You wont be able to get it now, but Ozark brewery in Bentonville puts out one of the best value BA stouts called BDCS. The Ozark cream stout is also pretty good.

I cant stand lysol beer, I mean IPAs, so, cant speak to those.
dave99ag
AG
Headed to Park City next week with the toddlers. Any good breweries / eats / things to do? We won't be skiing, but playing in the snow mostly.
Wheatables02
AG
High West Distillery
ChipFTAC01
AG
High West absolutely. They have a smoky whiskey (Campfire?) that I love. No kids allowed through FYI.

Wasatch has a brewpub on Main St but the beer is all rather subpar. Food is typical pub food.
MavsAg
AG
High West is great. Their Midwinter Night's Dram is a top 3 whiskey for me.
Kyle98
AG
Here's a 4th vote for High West. We also enjoyed Red Rock Brewery. Its further out, but the free public buses go out there....or did a few years ago.
dave99ag
AG
Sounds like I should at least pickup a bottle from High West if I can't bring the kiddos in.
La Fours
AG
I hear that High West is the place to go.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Covid is a special kind of hell...
In Texas visiting family and became one of the Thanksgiving statistics. Actually think we caught the Rona from a restaurant, not on the airplane.
Luckily, my BIL and SIL recently had it so they can't get it from us. We've been holed up at their place all week recovering, but was able to get Franklin bbq that we had reserved 3 weeks ago.
My ****ing sense of smell and taste went out today and I can barely taste any of it.
We also have some delicious beers I was really looking forward to trying.

I guess I'm lucky that I don't have much of the other symptoms, just a stuffy nose, but damn this suuuucks.
wessimo
AG
That sucks. I also had a Thanksgiving exposure and am waiting to see whether or not I got the 'rona. Get well soon.
Jock 07
AG
Just found out I got tagged for a deployment to ****ing Iraq. Had to break out the stronger stuff.
Scriffer
AG
Jock 07 said:

Just found out I got tagged for a deployment to ****ing Iraq. Had to break out the stronger stuff.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Enhance . gif
La Fours
AG
Damn. Lt. Joe got the rona, and Jock got the bummer news of getting deployed. Sorry fellas.

Get well soon Lt. Joe. My old man got the rona nearly 2 weeks ago. But didn't have any loss of smell. Just felt like he got his ass whipped. I'm thankful that he seems to be alright for a 69YO.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Damn. Stay safe brother.
La Fours
AG
Do you know when you will be leaving and how long you'll be gone?
Jock 07
AG
Thanks, hope you get better as well. Supposed to head out in Apr for 6 months. Still holding out a little hope that it gets turned off but we'll see. If it doesn't at least I'll be able to put some money away for one of the new F-150s when I get back.
First Page Last Page
Page 1574 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.