Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,587 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by La Fours
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pulled this out of the back of the fridge tonight.
jetch17
AG
Neighbor gave me this ... it's old - also others don't pronounce it the way I took it, more offensively

AgEng06
AG
RIP Sean Connery
La Fours
AG
Grabbed some Celebration today. So good.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG

JamesBREI06
AG
Mustang1 said:

Hop Drop
and Hop Drop is Aggie Owned
AggieOO
https://www.radio.com/krld/news/local/allen-businessman-facing-murder-arrest-warrant?fbclid=IwAR2OTsb5ZPmwaXtmg6cv6n_D9jLpMl6YfMiOei7jnTyVrtU_dkVmgSZEApI
Jock 07
AG
AggieOO said:

https://www.radio.com/krld/news/local/allen-businessman-facing-murder-arrest-warrant?fbclid=IwAR2OTsb5ZPmwaXtmg6cv6n_D9jLpMl6YfMiOei7jnTyVrtU_dkVmgSZEApI

Was the beer any good?
AggieOO
Only one I can remember having was recently. It was their candy corn cream ale. It was pretty good, but I also like candy corn.

Always saw their stuff at HEB, but never grabbed it. Guess I won't worry about that one anymore.
Kyle98
AG
I only ever had their Oktoberfest, at least according to my Untappd history.
AggieOO
a little more info:

https://dfwscanner.net/2020/11/18/carrollton-police-arrest-financial-advisor-in-shooting-death-of-client/?fbclid=IwAR3eXTxR4kh0jSQkNc5fV7hMlZXQo-1DAT-lKJ0HHu0vzOVYHT2w71voseI
CDub06
AG
Whoa. That's wild.

I've only had their hatch chile beer. They just got some wider distribution, but I always saw their cans as shelf filler tbh.
big-ag
AG
Everything I had from them was mediocre. Nothing that I ever wanted to get more of.
SoTxAg
AG
Sad story. Untappd tells me i've had seven 9 Band beers, probably cuz Heb would put out singles and I'd grab them for the hell of it. But yeah, nothing special.
Kyle98
AG
Damn, sounds like something out of CSI or Criminal Minds...trying to make a murder look like a suicide.
CDub06
AG
BCS Marathon cancelled, so bottoms up...

I'll admit I got this one for the can art.
CDub06
AG
Just found a Nine Band Nautty Pumpkin in the back of the fridge. I'll crack it open tomorrow.
RustyBoltz
AG
Jock 07 said:

AggieOO said:

Was the beer any good?
It was okay beer. I took my parents one afternoon shortly after Keith opened the brewery. We got a tour and I learned quickly that he was not a brewer and gathered that he was an opportunist.
Turns out he was the most stereotypical of entrepreneurs.
It's a shame because my parents (not beer snobs) really enjoyed the brewery enough that my mother hosted my father's retirement there.
And I did like their Oktoberfest. Interesting to see what comes of the brewery itself.
CDub06
AG

*I don't condone murder or ponzi schemes.
FriedTex
AG
Soft Pants from Fair State -13.9 ABV......
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pacifico is my go to for cerveza. Always goes well with a Mexican meal.

This amber lager is from yesterday from Barrel Brothers (out of Windsor not far from RRBC). Really well done. Love this style, especially when it drinks this nicely!

Scriffer
AG
Pacifico is great. Reminds me of drinking alone in a suit on my front porch on a frigid January night in College Station while eating Albertsons fried chicken and waiting for the Atmos guy to arrive and make sure the the gas leak from my decrepit furnace wasn't going to blow me to smithereens.
dave99ag
AG
Ready to head out West next week!

MavsAg
AG
Waiting to crack open my Atticus Atlas. What did you think?
dave99ag
AG
Very tasty! Don't wait so the hops don't fade.
FriedTex
AG
Fair State collaboration with Barrel Theory

"Soft Pants" a 13.9 ABV wood age pastry stout with vanilla

If you see one, buy it
Bmac04
AG
Happy Friday
ChipFTAC01
AG
Dammit Bobby!
Chipotlemonger
AG
That is an awesome glass.
La Fours
AG
Holy ***** I need a Bobby Hill Farmstead glass.
Chipotlemonger
AG
La Fours said:

Holy ***** I need a Bobby Hill Farmstead glass.

Preach.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Made a beer run for our trip back to Texas for Thanksgiving. Here's to hoping our flight to Texas with a 2 year old and a 3 hour layover in Portland goes smoothly!

Drank the Outer Range Lawn Games because I couldn't fit it in the bottle shipper. By the way... a cool thing about flying Alaska Air is that they don't charge to bring wine and beer from Oregon back.
Objective Aggie
AG

AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Ready to head out West next week!

We will be in RGV Fri/sat. I'll shoot you our campsite number in case you guys find yourselves on the east side of the park. We can have a beer. Been way too long since we've seen you guys.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
COVID rules are so dumb sometimes.

Apparently in the Portland airport (and I guess Oregon in general), all restaurants are closed during our "two week" pause. But they are selling food and drinks to go... where you eat and drink just outside of the restaurant. They won't sell me a glass of beer, but did sell me a crowler togo. Some dead guy from Henry's in the airport.

First Page Last Page
Page 1571 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.