Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,815 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jgh85Ag said:

If you can't find the michelada, get Salty Lady and add a little bloody mary mix.

Couldn't find the Michelada beer. I've had salty lady before and agree it would be great in a michelada.

I just went with the pickle beer again. Also got a pack of their super fast jelly fish beer, which is a pineapple sour with lactose(?). I'm not a huge sour fan but thought it was really good as well. For some reason, I've never drank a ton of Martin house. I may have to try out all of their colllection now because I've liked what I've tried.
Kyle98
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

jgh85Ag said:

If you can't find the michelada, get Salty Lady and add a little bloody mary mix.

Couldn't find the Michelada beer. I've had salty lady before and agree it would be great in a michelada.

I just went with the pickle beer again. Also got a pack of their super fast jelly fish beer, which is a pineapple sour with lactose(?). I'm not a huge sour fan but thought it was really good as well. For some reason, I've never drank a ton of Martin house. I may have to try out all of their colllection now because I've liked what I've tried.

I almost always buy their newest wacky creation. Some are pretty bad (the peanut butter golden stout one comes to mind), but enough are really damn good (the Inter/Outer Steller mixed 4-pack was amazing, the Outer is in my top 5 sours) that it's worth it.
HouseDivided06
AG
I drink less beer than bourbon and wine, but I think Martin House'a sours are about as good as they get. Consistently good. Probably my second favorite Dallas brewery behind Community. Community is less flashy but I have yet to have something from them that I don't think is outstanding.
jgh85Ag
AG
Martin house is in Fort Worth. Those are fighting words.
HouseDivided06
AG
Hahahahaha fair enough. I'll clarify as DFW brewery. Better?
jgh85Ag
AG
FW/D is better.
SoTxAg
AG
I like Martin House, can tell they have fun with what they do. For me, they have many hits and only a couple misses. According to my untappd rankings, looks like the Salsa Verde was my least favorite of theirs.
MW13
AG
CDub06 said:

jetch17 said:

maca1028 said:

Tine folks, anyone been to or had Urban South yet? Thoughts?

Not a fan - the fruited sours are like chewing Metamucil. They just dump base beer into fruit puree to crank out various 'spills' every week. I've had a couple of their hazy IPAs too and ended up drain pouring them. Of course that's my opinion, but their pretty colors and fruited beers are doin it mostly for the 'gram

Some of my snobby area beer friends call them B52 south (for multiple reasons). They've had a lot of issues and yeah, their stuff certainly looks good on the gram. They're hit or Miss.

*No hate for B52 though as I compose this post from their biergarten. They're all killer, no filler. See y'all at B52 Oktoberfest next Saturday?
Never been to the B52 Oktoberfest and can't find much info on it. Interested but trying to see if its worth the trip.
CDub06
AG
Yeah, things are a little different this year... Normally it's a ticketed event. This year it's not.

There were only a few of the newer bartenders there on Sunday, so they didn't know the details (or else weren't sharing them). I know the festbier will be released and they normally have a TON of exclusive tappings. I don't think they'll be hitting that as hard this year.

They also normally have costume contests and games and stuff (from which I abstain). I think they've been purposely vague this year.
BeeringAintEasy
AG
Has anyone been able to get their hands on Pliny for President? My buddy was able to get some to Houston and I must say it definitely lived up to the hype. Great beer. Here is our full podcast review:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/beering-aint-easy/id1527242939?i=1000492939661
steve00
AG
I think I got a total of 22 cans back in June across a couple of shipments, though my wife probably drank 1/3 of them. I thought it was an excellent beer, but I personally prefer classic Pliny over it.

I didn't listen to your podcast, as I am not into those, but how does someone with a beer podcast spend 10 years on this site and hardly ever post on the Beer Thread?
jetch17
AG
Enjoyed the P4P I got and thought it was a fun side by side with the OG.

The OG still holds my soft spot
BeeringAintEasy
AG
My obsession over craft beer did not take off until a few years ago. My obsession over Aggie football and basketball has been around much longer. Didn't actually realize there was a beer thread on TexAgs until we started the podcast this summer...
Kyle98
AG
SoTxAg said:

I like Martin House, can tell they have fun with what they do. For me, they have many hits and only a couple misses. According to my untappd rankings, looks like the Salsa Verde was my least favorite of theirs.

I actually liked the Salsa Verse more than other chile beers I've had.
Kyle98
AG
Late to the party of welcoming Modern Times to Texas.

Sorry for the lack of outlets...
streetfighter2012
AG
Any bars/taprooms worth stopping by in Boulder beyond Avery? It's been in a few years since I've been through there.
NColoradoAG
streetfighter2012 said:

Any bars/taprooms worth stopping by in Boulder beyond Avery? It's been in a few years since I've been through there.

Backcountry Pizza
jetch17
AG
Neighbor threw me a Brash urban achiever - I'll probably wait for a good proper cold snap to pop it

Forgot about the can swaps the locals have been doing - these are wrapped southern stars

Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a great label
txag2008
AG
What's the deal with the can swaps?
La Fours
AG
I'm going to guess it was to help other breweries when there was the can shortage a few months back.
CDub06
AG
Poor man's collab. Brash brought the beer, Southern Star brought the cans.
jetch17
AG
La Fours said:

I'm going to guess it was to help other breweries when there was the can shortage a few months back.
Objective Aggie
AG

Kyle98
AG
Proper outlet pic (non-GFCI, of course). Not sure if I like this or the white oak version better, bit it's damn tasty. My wife didn't care for it "tastes like a pine tree" (she doesn't like IPAs at all, but will try them all for more untappd flair)
Chipotlemonger
AG
"Tastes like a pine tree" sounds great to me!
Kyle98
AG
That's what I said!!!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Tasty. Thanks Mike!

Edit: not sure why it's rotated
Chipotlemonger
AG
Square outlets, looks like GFCI, maybe 15 amp only though?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Likely. Avacado is getting old.
Kyle98
AG
Last one of the night. Wife didn't like this one either. More for me!
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a great glass
Kyle98
AG
Thanks! My 1SG from when I was a battery commander gave that to me. One of my favorites that I have.
streetfighter2012
AG
Thanks NCol. Are you still involved with Weldwerks? I'm hoping to stop by for lunch on our way back to DEN from Estes.
NColoradoAG
streetfighter2012 said:

Thanks NCol. Are you still involved with Weldwerks? I'm hoping to stop by for lunch on our way back to DEN from Estes.
Yep. What day are you coming through? Make sure to reserve your table as they fill up frequently.
First Page Last Page
Page 1558 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.