Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,147 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This last round of RRBC sours seem a bit dryer to me, the fruits don't seem as prevalent as I remember them being in the past. Maybe it's just me.
turfman80
AG
Great West Coast style IPA. I just have to determine whether it's worth the plus $13 price tag.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
CDub06
AG
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/business/yuengling-molson-coors-joint-venture/index.html

Quote:

D.G. Yuengling & Son and Molson Coors Beverage Company (TAP) on Tuesday said they would create a joint venture to brew and sell Yuengling beer in the Western United States. The agreement gives Yuengling a path toward national expansion and creates an opportunity for a revenue boost for Molson Coors, as the maker of Coors Light and Blue Moon, navigates declining beer sales.
Until now, Yuengling has kept mostly east of the Mississippi, where its flagship lager and other beers are distributed in 22 states. While the joint venture will be responsible for the brand's production and sales in the Midwest and West, D.G. Yuengling will remain a family-owned company and will continue to oversee expansion within its existing markets and others it may add in the Northeast.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Having a NEIPA from Revision out of Sparks, NV (Reno), Moon Wolf. They do some great hazies. Seek em out if you're in the area sometime. Not sure if they distribute in Vegas or not, but if they do that would be cool.
big-ag
AG
Had a few from Black Project. This is Gauntlet, an excellent blackberry sour.
steve00
AG
$13 for one can? I am starting to see these around here. $22 for a 4 pack. Great West Coast IPA.
La Fours
AG
That's the cost of the 4 pack of 16oz cans.
steve00
AG
Damn. That's a great price.
BowSowy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

A 14% sour ale. From the description:
Quote:

Sour ale brewed with coffee, lime and spearmint
One of the check-ins:
Quote:

Tastes like a can of mint-flavored paint thinner spilled into a margarita. If I'd bought a 4-pack of this I'd hate myself. It's truly up there with the worst beverages I've ever ingested. Oh wait, what's this? Oh now there's coffee flavor too.

We both know you'd still rate it at least a 3.5/5
AggieOO
CDub06 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/business/yuengling-molson-coors-joint-venture/index.html

Quote:

D.G. Yuengling & Son and Molson Coors Beverage Company (TAP) on Tuesday said they would create a joint venture to brew and sell Yuengling beer in the Western United States. The agreement gives Yuengling a path toward national expansion and creates an opportunity for a revenue boost for Molson Coors, as the maker of Coors Light and Blue Moon, navigates declining beer sales.
Until now, Yuengling has kept mostly east of the Mississippi, where its flagship lager and other beers are distributed in 22 states. While the joint venture will be responsible for the brand's production and sales in the Midwest and West, D.G. Yuengling will remain a family-owned company and will continue to oversee expansion within its existing markets and others it may add in the Northeast.

Meh. As someone who has had a lot of yuengling, I don't understand the hype. Its just a standard lager. Nothing great about it, but nothing terrible about it either. It was on special at bars all the time when I lived in NYC, so I drank it often in those days.
Jock 07
AG
It's the East coast's shiner
jah003
S
Any other Austin peeps get some Black Atrial today?

It was weird. Hopped on at 12 and it was sold out instantly. Got an email at around 12:30 that spots had opened up. Got back on and there were bottles available.
Kyle98
AG
Crap, I meant to get on and try as I'll be in Austin next weekend, but totally forgot about it. Oh well.
AggieOO
Jock 07 said:

It's the East coast's shiner

Valid answer
Jock 07
AG
So I'm trying to go back to the basics and start drinking a bit lighter profile beer. I've never really gotten into craft pilsners or blondes but any recs for solid, relatively easy to find pils or blondes?
FriedTex
AG
Double Hooey from Luplin - Hazy IPA
+ porch beers And 68 degrees (South Dakota)

= A great Thursday
Chipotlemonger
AG
What market are you in?
wessimo
AG
Real Ale Hans' Pils and the Live Oak offering are both solid.
Jock 07
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

What market are you in?

Sorry, Southern California live in Torrance but make trips down to OC & San Diego from time to time
Chipotlemonger
AG
Seasonal: Sierra Nevada Summerfest - great option and will be easy to find a couple of months every year (their site says April through July, so you'll probably see it mainly May through August if they do the same schedule next year)
Non Seasonal:
North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner is one that might fit you.
Another one you won't find any difficulty finding is Firestone Walker 805 (Blonde)

I am betting there are some great LA and SD local options for crispies and blondes as well, just don't know them all. The 3 I mentioned are definitely going to be available though when you're shopping.

(I'm not as big of a fan of the Lagunitas Pilz as a pilsner, and it's a bit higher at 6%, so probably not what you're looking for)
Jock 07
AG
Forgot about north coast scrimshaw have had that and really like it. Not a huge fan of 805. You're right I need to go check out the breweries around here. I'm sure smog city and the dude make some stuff I just only ever go in places looking at their IPAs, funk, and BA stuff.
dave99ag
AG
Wife's beer haul while in Minneapolis this week.
jgh85Ag
AG
turfman80 said:

Great West Coast style IPA. I just have to determine whether it's worth the plus $13 price tag.

HEB at Bulverde in SA has the 4 packs in stock.
La Fours
AG
Found this in the refrigerated section of Tower Point H-E-B in amongst the 24oz bud lights and other tall boy singles.

Pretty good.

turfman80
AG
jgh85Ag said:

turfman80 said:

HEB at Bulverde in SA has the 4 packs in stock.
Price per 4 pack at CS HEB is about $13.57. I have to say this is my beer of the year so far. Nice fruit forward hops in a 'clear' IPA, West Coast style, with a clean bitter finish that doesnt allow the beer to become too cloying like so many haze bombs on todays market. Worth the $$.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Chipotlemonger
AG
Clear IPAs.

Edit to add: just opened this Pizza Port IPA and am having it for the first time. It's "clearish", and very piney and a classic West Coast style IPA. Good beer.
La Fours
AG
Turfman seal of approval. I'm sold.
stamper
AG

Black atrial - es pretty good!
La Fours
AG

Chipotlemonger
AG
Friday backyard beers. Picked up this Perennial English Bitter today. Haven't had the style in a while, but I'm a fan of them. Malty, balanced, smooth, and crushable, with that classic biscuity flavor. Cheers y'all.
jah003
S
Drove down to Austin today to grab some sushi grade tuna. Stopped by Batch on the way. It's literally a house off Manor road. You go through the gate to the backyard to get beer. They are about 500 feet from Oddwood as well.

Starting things out with Crangria. Damn fine beverage. I'm impressed so far.
La Fours
AG
Hell yeah, brother! This is a tasty beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hazy-ing it up now. Newer brewery out of Oakland that's supposed to be pretty dang good, this one doesn't disappoint!
Jock 07
AG
La Fours said:

Hell yeah, brother! This is a tasty beer.

Man y'all are making me want to drive up to the brewery and grab a six pack. Always meant to catch a happy hour there after work before they locked us down. It's only like 5 minutes from the office.
La Fours
AG
If you want a really well executed west coast ipa, this is a good choice.
First Page Last Page
Page 1555 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.