Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,812 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by La Fours
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like we all might have discussed this topic once on the beer thread before. Seems like a fair number of thread posters have roots there. (Amarillo itself for me)
txag2008
AG
Right in the middle of those 2 towns, Nazareth.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Now I'm trying to remember which of your cousins I know.
La Fours
AG
Wait, what? How have I forgotten this? I only have one cousin who's an Aggie, Brittany. So that's my guess.
La Fours
AG
No ***** You might have gone to high school with some cousins of mine. Last name is Merritt. We moved from Dimmitt to Tulia in 87 and then left Tulia in 90.
La Fours
AG
Dang, I bet we have, but must have forgotten.
Chipotlemonger
AG
La Fours said:

Dang, I bet we have, but must have forgotten.

Take it to the Panhandle / South Plains board! Ha. All kidding aside I always forget that that board exists on here.
La Fours
AG
Lol. Just checked Facebook, it is Brittany. But she's not from the panhandle side of my family.
CDub06
AG
I was at Pondaseta in November for their birthday and it was a blast. They had a nice variety and nailed every style. But best of all, they had a live Ska band and it was a jam.
Jock 07
AG
2020 BCBS variants just announced.

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articles/2020/08/11/goose-island-announces-2020-bourbon-county-lineup/
Wheatables02
AG
Jock 07 said:

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articles/2020/08/11/goose-island-announces-2020-bourbon-county-lineup/

Jeebus. They picked two of the most overpriced secondary bourbons to age their stout in. Taters will be swarming!
jah003
S
Wheatables02 said:

Jock 07 said:

Jeebus. They picked two of the most overpriced secondary bourbons to age their stout in. Taters will be swarming!

For realz... "How can we get both the beer and Bourbon neck beards to jizz their pants...?"
txag2008
AG
Yep knew them pretty well, great family. 2 were older, 2 were younger. (I think we may have talked about this years ago, who knows)
AggieOO
Jock 07 said:

One of the coolest pieces of label art I've seen in a while. I played the **** out of the incredible machine when I was a kid.

Somewhat related, but my brother-in-law's buddy has done some artwork for Smog City. I know he did this one:

La Fours
AG
Yeah probably have discussed this before. They are all up around Texarkana now I think.
SoTxAg
AG
Something for the folks in Tomball to look forward to:

"Karbach Brewing Company brewmaster Chris Juergen is bringing a brewery to his hometown of Tomball. The company he founded, CCJ Collaborations, received approval from the Tomball Economic Development Corporation Aug. 11, 2020 for an incentive agreement."
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The chronicle article says he's an Aggie and Assistant Professor of Brewing at A&M. When did we get brewing classes?
Jock 07
AG
No kidding, about a decade and a half too late for me. Never made it into the wine class either
AgEng06
AG
Hump Dayyyyy!

AggieOO
Drinking Stay Gold, from 4th Tap/Black Pumas, and listening to Black Pumas...actually Stay Gold at the moment, completely unplanned for the specific track.

It's a little hoppy for me, but very drinkable.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Best brewery in Colorado Springs?

Just staying the night between hikes.
Jock 07
AG
Cerberus is really good and they have a pretty damn good brisket grilled cheese sandwich. Trinity makes pretty good beer but run by a pretentious *******. On the east side nano 108 was decent but I'd suggest the first two unless you're out East for some reason and don't feel like making the drive. Brewer's republic usually has some good stuff on tap but don't know if they're open right now with everything going on right now.
Jock 07
AG
Upon further review looks like Trinity is under new ownership.

https://www.westword.com/restaurants/colorado-brewing-iconoclast-jason-yester-sells-trinity-brewing-11736849
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yep, definitely sounds like a pretentious *******.

https://www.westword.com/restaurants/six-newly-packaged-new-england-style-ipas-from-colorado-9399950
Quote:

Hype Forager Turbid IPA
Trinity Brewing
Colorado Springs

This beer was brewed as a cynical joke by Trinity, whose owner has been a standard-bearer for brewers who hate New England-style IPAs. From the name of the beer itself to the snarky notes on the label including "brewed with flour," "pair with the tears of new-Millennial fanboys," and "place in a paint can shaker for ten minutes before opening" it appears to make fun of the very people who like to drink it. Even the label was applied upside down as a gag to encourage people to shake up the beer in order to get the flour and yeast to mix around more. Trinity contract-brews and -cans the beer at Pikes Peak Brewing in Colorado Springs.
Trinity brewer Jason Yester slams Colorado Springs again

And he sounds a little full of himself here.
Quote:

"But this brewery changed the landscape, period. No question about it. Not only with sour and wild beer,and having the courage to brew them, but from the farmhouse and harvest side of it. No one had put the flavors into beers that we did. We opened a lot of doors and brought a lot of ideas to the table. We were sort of a springboard for increasing the diversity of American beer."
Pretty blunt too.
Quote:

"**** this ****, it's literally destroying everything I spent the last twenty years working for. **** lactose, **** identical recipe new purple label hazies, and **** primary colors. **** anyone who supports that *****"
dave99ag
AG
I enjoy some Trinity beer, but damn relax, it's beer.
Jock 07
AG
Ha I remember when he slammed the city, that went down when I was living there. He was threatening to move the operation up to much more sophisticated Denver all of like 60 miles away
fav13andac1)c
AG
For those in DFW, Tupps Brewery is moving locations and received a grant from the city of McKinney for construction of the project and new equipment/tanks. Pretty exciting for them and for DFW. It will be awesome when it's complete.

https://tuppsbrewery.com/new-location/

[img][/img]

Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODcyOTc5NzgyODY5Njgz?igshid=1dhuh42jrhwn3&story_media_id=2374875487473638869

Buffalo Bayou's owner is getting lit up on an Instagram page for Houston area service industry workers.
Jock 07
AG
Shocked they're still around. Beer has always been **** as far back as I can remember
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If the stories are true, he forces out product that he knows is off or infected. Supposedly ran off a VP they hired from Stone to change the culture as well. From all that, he sounds like a piece of work. There's also some accusations of misdealings related funds raised after Harvey and where they actually went.
AggieOO
never been a huge fan of their beers, but this pretty much marks them off my list...they were pretty low as it is, but, no thanks.
CDub06
AG
Same. It's been years since I've had one of their beers.
Ornlu
AG
They gonna hire you back?
wessimo
AG
Their new brewery is pretty sweet and I can usually find something enjoyable to drink there (More Cowbell and Crush City are tasty).

I'm disappointed to hear Rassul is such a d-wad and will definitely be less inclined to go back on that account.
BowSowy
AG
I swear, your homebrew labels read the exact same way
First Page Last Page
Page 1548 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.