Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,867 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by jah003
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I've seen it in a 12oz bottle before.
K Bo
AG
I think they're selling them in 4 packs of 12oz bottles.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Like K Bo said, four packs of bottles. They're in a black box.
CDub06
AG
Apparently some of the bars at Whole Foods are shutting down permanently? I've seen pictures of Sugar Land and Katy where the bars have been completely removed. I was at the Whole Foods in The Woodlands a few weeks back and the bar was still there (albeit closed). Hope this isn't a trend.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think the store in the Heights did the same thing apparently. There was a little drama on a local beer page because when they removed it the beer guy was being funny and added a bunch of out of state stuff not available here to their Untappd page as a joke and some dude got all bitter when he got there and they didn't have any of it.
Jason_Ag98
AG
The Whole Foods in southwest Austin closed their bar too.
txaggie05
AG
Same thing in San Antonio at the Vineyard location. They had already scaled the hours way back before COVID and they removed the entire structure in the last couple weeks.
CDub06
AG
Apparently when Amazon bought them, they shifted management control away from a dedicated beer department and put it under specialty foods. I'd noticed our selection had kinda gone to crap. I guess this is another casualty of Amazon.
CDub06
AG
Here's some more info about that TABC notice to breweries:
https://abc13.com/business/tabc-now-allowing-breweries-to-keep-patios-partially-open/6328221/

Quote:

Last week, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission issued an option for temporary license modifications for breweries across the state. This means that breweries can now exclude patios and outdoor beer gardens from their on-site premises, allow guests to purchase their product to go and then have the guests drink on that patio.

Charles Vallhonrat, executive director of the Texas Craft Brewers Guild, said he and other brewers have not received any follow up materials from the TABC since July 17.

"I'm getting messages from some of our brewers that there is confusion," Vallhonrat said. "People are making last-minute decisions on how to manage their business based on something that came out on Friday afternoon. ... I would hope for a little more clarity."

This move from TABC comes one week after Saint Arnold Brewing Co. in Houston was forced to close the outdoor patio at its Beer Garden & Restaurant. The state identified the restaurant as a bar after including Saint Arnold's beer sales to distributors in its total income, according to the brewery. Those sales tipped the Beer Garden & Restaurant into being considered a bar instead of a restaurant.

Now, Saint Arnold may be able to apply for a temporary license modification that would exclude the patio as part of the bar.
wessimo
AG
Tasty new release from GH.

K Bo
AG
Looking forward to getting this and Joe's Fruit Stand Friday. Absolutely loved LTH last release!
FriedTex
AG
Double Universe by Fair State - Hazy DIPA coming in at 8.6 ABV and its effin PERFECT
kappmeyer
Dang that pours pretty!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice looking light switches. What is your thermostat set to?
FriedTex
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Nice looking light switches. What is your thermostat set to?

66 at night boss! We just installed a 4 ton higher end Lennox system to cover three levels (finished basement) and our bill has actually been cut in half
dave99ag
AG

Quincey P. Morris
AG
TABC has decided to be TABC again and has supposedly reversed course and killed the patio exemption THEY F***ING MADE! Posted to a Houston beer page from someone that would have gotten this from the brewers guild.
wessimo
AG
Not quite as dank as advertised.
wessimo
AG
Defund the TABC
lne2011
AG
Ranger #007 said:

TABC has decided to be TABC again and has supposedly reversed course and killed the patio exemption THEY F***ING MADE! Posted to a Houston beer page from someone that would have gotten this from the brewers guild.

Nevermind, it's true.

F.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TCBG doesn't have it on their pages that I've seen, but it has been emailed out to members to my understanding.
lne2011
AG
see above
maca1028
Dolla margaritas now this...huh.
Jock 07
AG
wessimo said:

Defund the TABC
fav13andac1)c
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Straight up corruption.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Had this West Coast IPA from Little Beast Brewing last night. Fantastic. Look at how clear that is!

La Fours
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Had this West Coast IPA from Little Beast Brewing last night. Fantastic. Look at how clear that is!

What kind of monster drinks clear IPAs?

Ags #1
AG
Whoever recommend basecamp and outer range. They were both great
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
La Fours said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

What kind of monster drinks clear IPAs?

I figured we all needed a break from the endless sea of Hazies.
steve00
AG
Amen!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This pretty solid as usual.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Jester King dry hopped oat saison tonight. Super interesting beer. Really unique floral notes. I dig it. Anyone else tried this? Curious to know others thoughts on it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Having a little Dream Crusher for Rangers Opening Day.
jah003
S
Ranger #007 said:

Having a little Dream Crusher for Rangers Opening Day.

Very appropriate.
La Fours
AG
I figured I would give this clear ipa fad a try. Wet Hop Ez7.

Not sure if this clear ipa thing is going to last.
First Page Last Page
Page 1541 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.