Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,054 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Shank Ag said:

DFW ags, find your way to Celina. Best ipa I've ever had. Rollertown: Juice Serum by local radio hosts Ben & Skin

That's a pretty bold claim, especially from a couple of radio guys named Ben & Skin [old timey horn sound]. I've not heard of Rollertown, but I'm definitely interested [booooiiiing].

That's how I imagine any show with "Ben & Skin" is produced. Are you a fan of other hazies?
The Shank Ag
CDub06 said:

The Shank Ag said:

DFW ags, find your way to Celina. Best ipa I've ever had. Rollertown: Juice Serum by local radio hosts Ben & Skin

That's a pretty bold claim, especially from a couple of radio guys named Ben & Skin [old timey horn sound]. I've not heard of Rollertown, but I'm definitely interested [booooiiiing].

That's how I imagine any show with "Ben & Skin" is produced. Are you a fan of other hazies?

Ben/Skin are two late 40s guys that used to be on all 3 of the main sports talk stations in the area (the ticket, ESPN, and the fan) before moving to more general talk at The Eagle.

As for my top:

Texas- Yellow Rose by Lone Pint, Operation Juicedrop by Spindle Tap, My power, my pleasure, My pain by Turning point

National- Voodoo Ranger Juicy haze, Julius,
Hudson2508
AG
I had the classic a few days before and honestly President was much better to me. I love the classic Pliny though.
jetch17
AG
Hudson2508 said:

I had the classic a few days before and honestly President was much better to me. I love the classic Pliny though.

Looking forward to a side by side - CA guy waiting a few more days for the freshest Pliny run before shipping next week
steve00
AG
Hudson2508 said:

I think President is a great beer. I do prefer regular Pliny, but I recognize that having had hundreds of them probably slants my taste buds toward it.
La Fours
AG
This bee is dank AF.
cgary11
AG
Spent the weekend and in Wimberly. Hit up St. Elmos and 12 Fox.

No pictures but St. Elmo's Karl and their Keller pilz was awesome on the river.

12 Fox has amazing traditional style brews.

12 Fox said TABC Filled out new guidelines early Saturday saying that if they segregated serving vs. seating areas, they could reopen. Enjoyed a few in their "separate" Biergarten.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Trying this for the first time today too. I agree with Hudson. This **** is great!

jh0400
AG
What's retail on Pliny for President?
DaveHimself
AG
La Fours said:

My plan will be to stop at a grocery or liquor store on the way there because we will he rolling through Lafayette before they open at noon. Then on the way back stop by the brewery.
Check out Maggie's Bottle & Tail. It's in Orange Beach, so about 20 minute drive from Gulf Shores, but they had a great bottle selection last time we were there in '18.
big-ag
AG
I'll second that. Maggie's has a great selection.
La Fours
AG
Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to go check them out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think it was $7
CDub06
AG
I'll give you $7.50
dave99ag
AG

FriedTex
AG
Local brewery- decent haze
La Fours
AG
dave99ag said:

jah003
S
This is mighty tasty, but Chonk is better. Glad I still have several of those around.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

dave99ag said:

Man... I identify so much with Daddy pig. And Pedro for that matter.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
K Bo said:

I did not like that MT/Alesmith hazy. I think the "citrus zest" added way toro much bitterness on the finish that I just did not like. What did you think?
Man. I really liked it. An interesting twist on the seemingly endless amount of hazy ipas out there.
K Bo
AG
I was hoping for the same but I picked up more citrus rind bitterness than [what I thought would be semi-sweet] citrus zest.
Scriffer
AG
Imgur is stupid, but I'm really classing it up tonight after visiting the alligator farm in Hot Springs. BSD wouldn't know a nice vacation spot if it kicked him in the nads

http://imgur.com/a/Td6IIGL
dave99ag
AG
Dude, you pay for a subscription. Upload it.
Scriffer
AG
Sub ran out months ago. They left my stars for some reason
CDub06
AG
Same.
FriedTex
AG
Lolz. Poors
Jock 07
AG

maca1028
Alabama Bucees. Thanks for the heads up Bmac!
DonaldFDraper
AG
I am heading to Denver for work in a few weeks. I've been to Denver quite a bit over the last 5 years so this time I'm going to fly into ABQ then drive straight to Durango > Colorado Springs > Denver.

Our plan is to go to the Great Sand Dunes National park on the way from Durango to Colorado Springs.

Beer centric or other recommendations for that travel path?
Chipotlemonger
AG
FYI for Texas folks (most of y'all):

https://craftpac.org/savetexasbreweries/

I've thought some about this. There are certain breweries that I think would be hit by this enough to close, and most likely they will be ones that most of us wouldn't miss. Lower-tier players. But, it would suck to lose some of the better breweries because of this pandemic and the chokehold laws that they have to abide by!
La Fours
AG
Nice. I'll be there on Monday. Hope you left some for me.
K Bo
AG
Great post-run beer
DallasAggie2012
AG
Buddy brought me back a few goodies from his Colorado road trip. Weldwerks always killing it. This one still has so much juiciness but just enough bitterness to balance it all.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Pecan Porter making it to Houston. I don't think I've seen it outside of a Specs before.
K Bo
AG
So f'ing food
First Page Last Page
Page 1540 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.