Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,597 Views | 62615 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by SoTxAg
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really wish there were more breweries that had more Belgians in their lineup. Especially in warmer months those are my go-to to get away from hops. I've drank a lot of devil's backbone this spring/summer.
jh0400
AG
Eureka Heights Neon Moon is a great warm weather beer.
AggieOO
jah003 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

CDub06 said:

I mean that's cool, but what was your thermostat set to?
Nest set to Eco and had the windows open.
Cant wait to open my windows again...

In November.
damn, you like to sweat. dec or jan is more likely.
jah003
S
Got my students AP scores back today. They beat the national and state averages by a wide margin. 78% got a 3 or higher. Time to party.

If you live in Austin... go buy this beer now.
Hudson2508
AG
Found myself with quite the hop selection in the fridge....

wessimo
AG

AggieOO
jah003 said:

Got my students AP scores back today. They beat the national and state averages by a wide margin. 78% got a 3 or higher. Time to party.

If you live in Austin... go buy this beer now.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow when I grab my BiB 4 packs.
Scriffer
AG
Hey y'all... Miss me? Remember me?

Anyone have recommendations for breweries in the Hot Springs / Hot Springs Village area?
jah003
S
Scriffer said:

Hey y'all... Miss me? Remember me?

Anyone have recommendations for breweries in the Hot Springs / Hot Springs Village area?

No. Yes.

Honestly I have zero input.
jah003
S
This is a damn fine beer as well. I don't know why I ever buy anything that isn't ABW...
wessimo
AG
Superior Bathhouse Brewery is worth a visit. The food and beer were good and the venue is cool.

https://www.superiorbathhouse.com/
Chipotlemonger
AG
wessimo said:

Superior Bathhouse Brewery is worth a visit. The food and beer were good and the venue is cool.

I agree with this
BSD
AG
Hot Springs sucks. It's like Galveston and Kentucky ****ed and had a touristy baby.

That said stay at the Hale Hotel. It is pretty friendly, has good food, and is next door to the brewery.
Bmac04
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

wessimo said:

I agree with this

Agree with this but not a lot else to do there.
maca1028
Heading to Destin next week. Anything worth checking out there? Might stop by Parish on our way.
La Fours
AG
We're going to Gulf Shores the last week of July and I already told my wife we would be stopping by on the way back.
Scriffer
AG
BSD said:

Hot Springs sucks. It's like Galveston and Kentucky ****ed and had a touristy baby.

That said stay at the Hale Hotel. It is pretty friendly, has good food, and is next door to the brewery.

We're not staying in town thankfully. Got a cabin away on the river for a few days of peace and quiet with the kids.

Looks like Superior is the one. Thanks for the tips
La Fours
AG
My plan will be to stop at a grocery or liquor store on the way there because we will he rolling through Lafayette before they open at noon. Then on the way back stop by the brewery.
streetfighter2012
AG
Just booked a week in Yellowstone and Jackson for September. I see a few breweries in Jackson, anything I should be on the lookout for to grab at the liquor/grocery stores?
Ags #1
AG
Found this in the back of the fridge last night
La Fours
AG
I didn't search for beers when I was at Yellowstone in 2017, I brought with me stuff I grabbed along the way since we drove there. But Big Sky has some good beers IIRC.

I haven't been to Grand Teton, but Yellowstone is amazing. And I bet the weather will be fantastic.

One thing to keep in mind is Grand Prismatic Spring is one of the more popular spots, and parking is a pain there. If you go early in the morning to avoid the rush, you'll likely run into steam/fog issues that will obstruct the view. But later in the day, it's more crowded and you might have to wait a while to park.

Also, keep an eye on your fuel gauge. There is a gas station in the park near Old Faithful I believe. We didn't run out of gas, but got very close to empty.

I'm jealous. I want to go back to Yellowstone and make the trip to Grand Teton NP too.

I assume you are flying to Jackson and driving from there?
Bmac04
AG
maca1028 said:

Heading to Destin next week. Anything worth checking out there? Might stop by Parish on our way.

Made that trip 2 weeks ago. Parish is only open for online pickups right now. The Bucees in Alabama had fresh ghost as well.
La Fours
AG
Nice. That is one of my favorite BA Clown Shoes beers.
AggieOO
Scriffer said:

BSD said:

We're not staying in town thankfully. Got a cabin away on the river for a few days of peace and quiet with the kids.

does not compute.
La Fours
AG
Bmac04 said:

maca1028 said:

Made that trip 2 weeks ago. Parish is only open for online pickups right now. The Bucees in Alabama had fresh ghost as well.
Sweet. That's right where we exit to go to Gulf Shores!
AggieOO
i pre-ordered two 4 packs...should i be getting more?
La Fours
AG
Exactly, and you only have the 1 human child. But I bet the dogs are as loud or louder than your human child.
AggieOO
dogs don't make much noise unless there is a squirrel in the yard or if amazon is delivering something.
La Fours
AG
AggieOO said:

dogs don't make much noise unless there is a squirrel in the yard or if amazon is delivering something.
That's how it is for us too, and my wife is constantly ordering crap from Amazon.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

i pre-ordered two 4 packs...should i be getting more?
That seems like a good amount. It has some Old Rasputian qualities, but a much more mellow Old Rasputian. I also liked that you didn't feel like you were gonna die after 16 oz. of stout.
BSD
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

Just booked a week in Yellowstone and Jackson for September. I see a few breweries in Jackson, anything I should be on the lookout for to grab at the liquor/grocery stores?

Nice! We were booked to go but then we got emails saying they'd be shutting down the lodges so we booked something else. They never did cancel us though and now lodging is open. So now I have to cancel our Yellowstone and Grand Teton rooms since I double booked vacations. Maybe we'll go in 2022. Ugh.
AggieOO
thanks. follow-up question is, how much Concise should I get?
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

thanks. follow-up question is, how much Concise should I get?
All of it! It's just a crisp, clean lager if you're in to that sort of thing. It actually reminds me of Totally Naked from NG but with more of a hop bite. It's a real nice change of pace from all the NEIPA's.
CDub06
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

Did this trip last year (Flew into Bozeman, flew out of Jackson. Combo'd Yellowstone & Tetons) and it was such a fantastic trip.

In Jackson, Melvin (Thai me up) and Roadhouse are the breweries to visit (Stillwest's beer is kinda meh, but their taproom is top notch). I didn't really check the stores, but Melvin is well represented up there. Just don't expect much of a selection inside the park - or cell phone reception for that matter.
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

Scriffer said:

BSD said:

does not compute.

Compared to the crap we've both been going through at work, it does.
First Page Last Page
Page 1537 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.