Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,295 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Beer that you think or know you drank the most of in 2018 (say outside of light domestic): Alaskan Brewing Amber

Are there actually people that are full on into craft beer that still drink light domestic regularly? I can understand the occasional/novice craft drinker going back and forth, but it seems at some point, you fully convert and leave domestic behind.

I haven't touched bmc light in a decade.
jh0400
AG
Foudreweizen is the one JK I've never been able to track down, and that CRU is delicious.
Robert C. Christian
AG
62strat said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Beer that you think or know you drank the most of in 2018 (say outside of light domestic): Alaskan Brewing Amber

Are there actually people that are full on into craft beer that still drink light domestic regularly? I can understand the occasional/novice craft drinker going back and forth, but it seems at some point, you fully convert and leave domestic behind.

Well, I am not going to pound through a case of 8% IPAs in 100 degree heat before a football game. Everything has a time and place and that includes beer.
MattJaxson
AG
You won't get blackout drunk before kickoff with that attitude!
big-ag
AG
Plenty of craft beers available around 4-6% that you can drink all day. No need to sacrifice flavor.
jh0400
AG
Kolsch, Pilsner, or cream ales. Lots of ways to drink all day without going BMC.
Robert C. Christian
AG
jh0400 said:

Kolsch, Pilsner, or cream ales. Lots of ways to drink all day without going BMC.
Pilsner is my go to, a fine pilsner beer in fact.
jgh85Ag
AG
Moved on to Big bad Baptiste.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I am taking Jimbo's advice, "it gonna be like it used to". I actually want to remember games now!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Agree, and for most occasions I will slide that way but for some reason tailgating calls out to me for ML. Maybe all that subliminal messaging really does work?
AgEng06
AG
Happy New Year beer threaders

Jock 07
AG
Just saw that JK is rolling out in NE next month
62strat
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

62strat said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Well, I am not going to pound through a case of 8% IPAs in 100 degree heat before a football game. Everything has a time and place and that includes beer.
I always see this response and always get a chuckle how all of a sudden all craft beers are 8% ipas hah!

There are thousands of quality made beers to drink on a hot day.. have a look around. I personally find it interesting that people can get deep into craft beer, yet still stomach a bud light. The stuff is gross.

steve00
AG
Favorite beer: Pliny until I couldn't get it. Offshoot DIPAs now move up to the top spot
Favorite beer bar: The Library in Santa Monica
Favorite brewery to visit: Societe
Favorite brewery to buy retail: Offshoot
Style you think you drank the most of in 2018: DIPAs
Beer that you think or know you drank the most of in 2018: Pliny/Blind Pig - Santa Monica was good to me
Favorite new brewery or place you're excited about going forward: getting into DC Brau and Commonwealth
Most unique or "out there" beer you had: every year it is Utopias until I stop buying it
dave99ag
AG
BTHO NC State!
Hudson2508
AG
My last one...

I wish I had this stocked in my fridge year round.
Hudson2508
AG
Pretty much stopped trading this year so been living off my cellar which needed to happen.

Favorite beer: Hill Farmstead Aaron, best beer I've ever had
Favorite beer bar: Draught House
Favorite brewery to visit: ABGB and Jester King tie
Favorite brewery to buy retail: Live Oak
Style you think you drank the most of in 2018: Pilsner
Beer that you think or know you drank the most of in 2018: Live Oak Pilz for life
Favorite new brewery or place you're excited about going forward: Oddwood
Most unique or "out there" beer you had: World's Worst Twin. Excellent beer though.
reesei10
Proud statement! Very Good, and decently fresh 12/17/2018.

txag2008
AG
Happy NY fellers

From hudson's MM box. So solid. Gig em
Green Fairy
AG
Bottle of 2012 black ops I've had stashed away in the fridge doing work tonight.
Kyle98
AG
JK Grim Harvest and some Surly beers for me tonight. Happy New Year fellas!
AggieOO
2016 helldorado is drinking well.
MathNewman06
AG
This is really hard to narrow down to one answer, so I chose not to for most of them - sorry, not sorry.

Favorite beer: 2013 Bell's Expedition Stout, Consecration, and Todd the Axe Man at Au Cheval was amazing, but that may have been the burger talking.

Favorite beer bar: Petrol Station and Conservatory, locally.

Favorite brewery to visit: Brash, by frequency, due to proximity and quality, but St. Arnold's biergarten is great to take people to. While traveling this year, I really enjoyed Bearded Iris and Southern Grist in Nashville, and Moody Tongue in Chicago.

Favorite brewery to buy retail: Real Ale, Saint Arnold

Style you think you drank the most of in 2018: Stouts

Beer that you think or know you drank the most of in 2018: I drank a lot of Real Ale Gose this summer.

Favorite new brewery or place you're excited about going forward: pretty pumped about Parish distributing to Texas, if that counts. New Houston breweries: Astral and Local Group.

Most unique or "out there" beer you had: Ingenious Blueberry Coffee Cake with French Vanilla cream ale frozen beer topper.

Happy New Year, beer thread!

Last beer of 2018:

La Fours
AG
Cheers y'all. Just got home from a game watching party. The host treated us to some Don Julio 1942 and Aberlour 16. Among others.

Happy New Year!
CDub06
AG
I'll play. I had a newborn keeping me close to home early this year. That meant a lot of B-52 (which I'm biased toward anyway). Late in the year I mainly abstained due to marathon training

Favorite beer: Dark Lord Chem Trail Mix
Favorite beer bar: B-52
Favorite brewery to visit: B-52
Favorite brewery to buy retail: I mainly buy directly from the brewery. But I'll snag some prairie or the bruery from time to time.
Style you think you drank the most of in 2018: Hazy IPAs
Beer that you think or know you drank the most of in 2018: Raspberry Muse (B-52) per Untappd.
Favorite new brewery or place you're excited about going forward: Made my first visit to Ingenious this year which was brilliant.
Most unique or "out there" beer you had: Man, I love weird so this list would be long. Ingenious & B-52 have a lot of examples. B-52's Item 9 (Hazy DIPA on twinkies & sour belts) was a standout. As was a number of things from Arkane Aleworks sour fest including the Easter Peeps sour. I was at cigar city for Halloween and they had wacky stuff including the awful Candy Corn IPA. Had Ladons Peak Native Elixer from Bathtub Row Brewing in Los Alamos which is brewed with herbs found in the area. It was like drinking bubble bath, but it was unique. They weren't all good, but they were all interesting.

Cheers.
lne2011
AG
No new posts in 3 days!? Did everyone quit beer for their New Year's Resolution?

That's too bad because Spindle Tap released 12 oz. 6 packs of Houston Haze today as a year round beer.

Jock 07
AG
Saw a bunch of those at the round rock heb last week but grabbed the 5% tint instead
Robert C. Christian
AG
Dryuary is hitting hard.
lne2011
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Dryuary is hitting hard.

Took me a minute.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Having a Deschutes Fresh Haze right now. It's okay, but I prefer other IPAs and especially hazy IPAs to this one. Made me wonder what everyone's favorite large scale brewery is? Out of the more nationally prominent craft options. Personally, I love Sierra Nevada the most out of them.
AggieStout
AG
I have finally reached the mountain top.
Winning showed up this week from last weeks razzes
JamesBREI06
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Having a Deschutes Fresh Haze right now. It's okay, but I prefer other IPAs and especially hazy IPAs to this one. Made me wonder what everyone's favorite large scale brewery is? Out of the more nationally prominent craft options. Personally, I love Sierra Nevada the most out of them.

That beer sucked. Fresh Squeezed is awesome. I was so dissatisfied. Also Sierra Nevada Hazy little thing is great.
Whoop!
La Fours
AG
Damn dude. How exactly did you win that haul?
maca1028
Oh my!
AggieStout
AG
Luck. Razzel winnings. Beer was one. Whiskey was another.
First Page Last Page
Page 1408 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.