Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,842 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
jgh85Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had a Southern Star Black Crack last night. Could not taste the barrel. Just opened a buried hatchet and it is good. ImHO, the black crack is not worth the 3x price.
steve00
AG
Very good Christmas beer. Boozy and spicy.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Merry Christmas!

Connd

Beer love from NYC
jetch17
AG
Is it sacrelig to get hammersmashed on Christmas? Nevertheless, the '17 smashing well this evening with kids in bed after a long day

AggieOO
Fair game, IMO.

I'm drinking wine tonight, but downed a bottle while cooking dinner. Splitting another with the wife now. We will see if beer makes an appearance later.
MW13
AG
'16 bourbon barrel Temptress was drinking perfectly tonight.
Scriffer
AG
Firestone XXI for me.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Tried to get Reesei to split a Black Tuesday with me earlier, but he denied since it's 20% and we've been drinking alll day. I also may have poured a triple shot of bourbon in his eggnog.

We settled on this instead. Nice beer from Florida. A little too heavy on the cherries for me though.
Represent830
AG
Connd said:

Outer range coming in hot with one of the best milkshake IPA's I've had

Have some of these coming in. Thanks to NCol's rec a few years ago I've been on this brewery for a bit. They are so damn good.
jgh85Ag
AG
MW13 said:

'16 bourbon barrel Temptress was drinking perfectly tonight.

My brother picked me up a crowler of that at Kool Keg. Get to try it Monday night.
Jock 07
AG
Represent830 said:

Connd said:

Outer range coming in hot with one of the best milkshake IPA's I've had

Have some of these coming in. Thanks to NCol's rec a few years ago I've been on this brewery for a bit. They are so damn good.

I'll have to stop by when I'm up in the mountains out there in a few weeks
BowSowy
AG
Spent the last 5 days with the in-laws who aren't fans of alcohol in their house (it didn't help that the CA valley doesn't get good beer). Back home now and I'm enjoying catching up on the missed drinking
Jock 07
AG
I'm Georgetown this week, any new breweries between here and Austin especially worth checking out? Anyone have anything of note on tap right now?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Jock 07 said:

I'm Georgetown this week, any new breweries between here and Austin especially worth checking out? Anyone have anything of note on tap right now?

Mesquite Creek Outfitters had Electric Jellyfish on tap on Saturday.

600 Degrees still has the best tap list in Georgetown.
jah003
S
Austin peeps... Redhorn currently has '13 Abyss on tap right now. Drinking mighty tasty.
dave99ag
AG
One last trip to Big Bend Brewing before they close next week.

Chipotlemonger
AG
jah003 said:

Austin peeps... Redhorn currently has '13 Abyss on tap right now. Drinking mighty tasty.

Actually heading there tonight to meet an old friend who is in town.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Pretty decent. Clown Shoes is always good for a solid brew.
AggieOO
Opened a '17 FW Bravo that I picked up at the marina del Rey brewpub last year.

Tasty!
Jock 07
AG
Even being a month old this is pretty decent.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Thanks for the heads up, their list is so big that I might have missed it! That '13 Abyss was stellar.
AgEng06
AG
Jimmy Snicka is pretty sweet (literally). Any of you fellas happen to be at Redhorn?

AgEng06
AG
Another solid Redhorn beer. I got a 4-pack, so if any other Austin guys want to try it let me know.

AggieOO
If you were curious why big bend is shutting down...

https://www.brewbound.com/news/dme-receivership-leaves-hundreds-of-craft-brewers-in-limbo
dave99ag
AG
That jives what folks at the brewery were saying. One said they were headed to SA next month when they got the news last week.

They hope they can recover and reopen, but who knows when that'll be.

That's a lot of good breweries that got screwed by DME.
jh0400
AG
AggieOO said:

If you were curious why big bend is shutting down...

https://www.brewbound.com/news/dme-receivership-leaves-hundreds-of-craft-brewers-in-limbo

Seems like there is an opportunity there for someone that can raise the cash to buy the manufacturing assets out of bk.
AggieOO
Obviously I don't know the whole story, but not sure why they can't continue contract brewing only until they can sort things out.
dave99ag
AG
AB-InBev could swoop in and have even more breweries by the balls. Don't they already own 10 Barrell?
Robert C. Christian
AG
AggieOO said:

Obviously I don't know the whole story, but not sure why they can't continue contract brewing only until they can sort things out.

Article said it was financially unsustainable, so if delivery date of equipment is unknown, they can't run it forever. Really sucks fornthose guys.
AggieOO
I'm surprised they couldn't find somewhere in Texas they could contract brew to lower the cost as a stopgap.
La Fours
AG
I wonder how many breweries in Texas offer contract brewing. Not that I pay close attention, but each time I've heard of a brewery contracting out it is was always out of Florida.
Robert C. Christian
AG
La Fours said:

I wonder how many breweries in Texas offer contract brewing. Not that I pay close attention, but each time I've heard of a brewery contracting out it is was always out of Florida.

I forget if it was Grapevine or Deep Ellum but Armadillo Ale Works contracted with one of them prior to opeing up their brewhouse. Neither of them is contract brewing anymore (to my knowledge).
ChipFTAC01
AG
Seems to me like there might be some space in the market to set up shop as a contract brewer.
AggieOO
Celis does contract brewing for a couple breweries. Adelberts has done it, but their capacity is likely limited.

Only two I can think of off the top of my head.
First Page Last Page
Page 1406 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.