Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,705 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll try to make it by there tomorrow as well. Any idea what time it will arrive or be available?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I should've mentioned, the Lakeline Total Wine put out the Midnight Orange bourbon county 2018 today. I did not grab a bottle, was there for bourbon and they had it as limit 1 bottle between all of their behind counter stuff today.

Edit to add: meant to mention that they do their releases at that Total Wine mid morning around opening, so may be worth checking them out for Marta Light too I would think.
Jock 07
AG
One of my favorite Odell beers

jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

I'll try to make it by there tomorrow as well. Any idea what time it will arrive or be available?
Not sure. New girl will be there tomorrow. Not even sure if she has tweeting capabilities yet. I'll let you know when I know.
bthotugigem05
AG
Bourbon County Orange is cleared with TABC, picking some up tomorrow.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

Thanks
Beer guy said it's probably already there. Can't confirm though.
AgEng06
AG
Sweet. I was about to run some errands anyway, so I'll swing by HEB and TW and see what's going on.
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

Sweet. I was about to run some errands anyway, so I'll swing by HEB and TW and see what's going on.
Now it's officially there. If you could snag an extra bottle I'll pay you back.
AggieStout
AG
Looks like lakeline got Marfa right now. They just posted it on twitter
AgEng06
AG
I just got back to the office and saw this. I grabbed 2 earlier, so if you need one let me know. I also stopped by TW and got a Midnight Orange (almost had sticker shock on this one).

Side note: the new beer girl is a cutie.
AgEng06
AG
Also she was not imposing a limit on bottles, so I bet they go fast. They have/had 2 cases.
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

I just got back to the office and saw this. I grabbed 2 earlier, so if you need one let me know. I also stopped by TW and got a Midnight Orange (almost had sticker shock on this one).

Side note: the new beer girl is a cutie.
Headed that way now. I'll let you if I don't get one.
bthotugigem05
AG
My usual beer guys weren't at Central Market in Dallas so I only got two Midnight Oranges, they better be amazing for $23!
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

Also she was not imposing a limit on bottles, so I bet they go fast. They have/had 2 cases.
Got one. New beer girl was not having it... only let me have one. They've got about 1/2 case left.
JamesBREI06
AG
Parrish coming to Texas in January. Launch party at Hughies on the 19th of January.
Whoop!
AgEng06
AG
Cool.

She asked me how many I wanted, and when I asked if there was a limit she said "well we got 2 cases". I opted to just get 2 bottles, but now I wonder how many she would have given me. It appears she rethought her strategy after I left.
NColoradoAG
AgEng06 said:

Cool.

She asked me how many I wanted, and when I asked if there was a limit she said "well we got 2 cases". I opted to just get 2 bottles, but now I wonder how many she would have given me. It appears she rethought her strategy after I left.
Dude, you're supposed to buy both cases and then post a picture of them in your trunk to all your facebook groups. Then you can be the nice guy who "sells them for cost plus a couple thank you beers."
Oryx
Does anyone know where to get really good rare imports in/near CS? There was a great brewery on the coast of Germany and I'm trying to find it, but only end up with bigger names like Paulaner, Franziskaner, and Hofbrau.

The brewery was Stoertebeker btw if anyone was wondering.
La Fours
AG
You can try specs and see if they can order it for you. Otherwise you'll have to go to Austin or Houston. You could reach out to the brewery to out who their importer is to the US and email them to see where they distribute.
jetch17
AG
Last diamond juice hangin around the fridge ... good way to kick off being done for the year

dave99ag
AG
Big Bend Brewing is shutting down on December 31st. At least we'll get one last pour when we're in Alpine next week.

Quote:

With heavy hearts, we announce that Big Bend Brewing Co. will suspend operations, including taproom sales in the Alpine facility, effective December 31, 2018.

Big Bend Brewing has always been a passion project for us. We wanted to create beer and a brewery that all Texans (and Americans) could be proud of. We've worked hard to share this dream with of with all of you during our 6 years of operations. We've had some tremendous successes: we won the Gold medal in the World Beer Cup for our National Park Hefeweizen (among 30 other medals in 2018!), we've built an amazing team, we've made delicious beer and shared it with wonderful people, and we've worked with some of the best partners in the business. We're proud of what we have built, and what we have accomplished.

However, throughout our time in business, we've also faced some very difficult headwinds. Some of them are well known to our loyal supporters, and others are new. Now, due to a combination of unforeseen hurdles in building our San Antonio location and the challenging macroeconomic conditions affecting investment in the craft beer sector, we find ourselves facing some tough choices.

We had high aspirations and lofty goals, and we did everything we could to achieve them. We want to thank everyone for all the tremendous support over the past 6 years.

We remain hopeful and are working hard to make the stoppage temporary. The goal is to come back better than ever. We are no stranger to adversity -- building a craft beer brand in the rugged frontier of West Texas is no easy task. While we work through our difficulties, we humbly ask you to show your support for our beer, our brands, our retailer and wholesaler partners, and our company's future in general by sharing a Big Bend beer with your friends.

Please look for a two very special bottle releases coming out soon, one in January and one on Valentine's Day.
jetch17
AG
Balls, I shoulda known something was up when the Midland market said they stopped packaging La Frontera.

I was trying to get some guys out west to bring some big bend to Houston but it was disappearing off shelves
jgh85Ag
AG
Is the San Antonio project still moving forward?
dave99ag
AG
My guess is no based on their FB post. Sounds like they may reopen at some point, but not any time soon.
jah003
S
So Marfa Light is #whalezbro now?

Seriously... that sucks. I was friends with Jan (owner I think) on Untappd, and he went dark about a month ago... should have known something was up.
AgEng06
AG
Solid

AgEng06
AG
And that sucks about Big Bend. Guess I have to savor my BA Marfa Lights.
AggieOO
Big bend closing hurts my soul.
Hudson2508
AG
Noooooooo, that's terrible news. They make wonderful beer, I hope they get back on their feet soon.
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

Big bend closing hurts my soul.

Closest we'll have is Brick Vault, but it's not the same.
AggieOO
And they don't distribute, so its back to bringing all my beer with me. Won't be able to pick up anything worth a crap out there.
AggieOO
I've got a BA marfa lights and a prince Charles that have been waiting for the next trip out. Guess they will be a little more special now.
dave99ag
AG
I finished off that unlabeled BA Marfa Lights awhile back. I'm hoping they'll have something special on tap next week.

You're right about bringing beer. I'm certain the beer at Porters has been there for years.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Really good *****
First Page Last Page
Page 1404 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.