Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,569 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Grabbed a "what the heck" single beer at the store with this Alaska Brewing Cramberry Tart. It's better than I thought it might be. If you're a fan of cranberries in general it's a neat try.

Also had the classic Sputnik from ABW. They really nail it with their seasonal beers.
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Grabbed a "what the heck" single beer at the store with this Alaska Brewing Cramberry Tart. It's better than I thought it might be. If you're a fan of cranberries in general it's a neat try.

Also had the classic Sputnik from ABW. They really nail it with their seasonal beers.
This years Sputnik is fire. Also proper AF...

Jock 07
AG
Hotel beers, apparently I missed those two commonwealth brews by a couple days. I did finally track down a pour of prairie apple brandy and Blanton barrel noir at church key tonight as well

reesei10
Ok this one is better than the last one 50points. I think that one just needed more carbonation.
Anyone else tried this? I think this one is really good, and worth a try.

wessimo
AG
Who knows where I am?

La Fours
AG
That picture is really small. But I'm guessing JK.
wessimo
AG
Close yet very far. Hopefully pic is working now.
La Fours
AG
Belgium?
Hudson2508
AG
Looks a lot like Cantillon's coolship from Google.
wessimo
AG
Winner!
ChipFTAC01
AG
I need to mail some beer to a buddy for a belated birthday. I don't send beer regularly. Any tips for how to avoid nosy ups guys?
jah003
S
ChipFTAC01 said:

I need to mail some beer to a buddy for a belated birthday. I don't send beer regularly. Any tips for how to avoid nosy ups guys?
UPS and FedEx don't give a ***** Just throw something that rattles in there if you are worried.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Hitting up Ingenious today with lne2011. Damn good stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jah003 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

UPS and FedEx don't give a ***** Just throw something that rattles in there if you are worried.
I would also suggest boxes of dried pasta as a send along. They kind of help nullify the swishing noise. Can also be a random additional gift this way if you get them a fancy pasta.
dave99ag
AG
I usually wrap in bubble wrap and have no issues with either carrier.

Now, TSA, they're a**holes giving more than zero effs. Luckily on my last flight, they only killed one can.
NColoradoAG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Make an account online and have it picked up at your house. Pack the bottles/cans upright and there is minimal noise. Dont use anything to try and cover up noise. It only makes the package more suspicious. Some guy posted a pretty good packing tutorial on page 179 of this thread.
CDub06
AG
I wrap, then bag each bottle. Put them all in a garbage bag within the box. Throw some packaging stuff in there to make sure it's packed tightly to avoid shifting. Probably overkill but it's always worked for me.

You can hear some sloshing, but they don't care. I set the order up online and typically just drop it off at the FedEx store. It's too noisy to notice there anyway. There's always the "barbecue sauce" explanation.
Mustang1
AG
Went to Bangers in Austin & Tried both the Sputnik & El Sputniko.

AggieStout
AG
Bourbon coconut goodness.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Went to Red Horn this afternoon. Was a nice Sunday on their patio. Had their coffee stout and honey strong ale, both good. They're doing 'Tint it Darkness' right now and have a plethora of dark guest beers on tap. Too many great options to be honest!

jetch17
AG
MOTHER F***! I now have a family commitment on Sunday if yall are still Rare Barrelling

BowSowy
AG
That freakin dog
BSD
AG
Considering only 2 people had interest on that date, we need to postpone anyways. Sorry, Jock.
jetch17
AG
I'm off and in town all through New Years
BSD
AG
I've got family in from Dec 27-30 and then leave for Big Bend on the 2nd. I can do the 26th (later in the day) or Dec 31 (pregame) or maybe even the 1st.
Jock 07
AG
Damn, I'm headed to Georgetown on the 26th. and won't be back to town until possibly the night of the 1st to fly back out on the 2nd. Midday on the 24th would probably really be the only other day that would work for me. appreciate you trying to put this together but y'all enjoy if I can't make it.
jh0400
AG
I could probably do early afternoon on 12/31.
NASAg03
just now getting around to visiting the new st arnolds beer garden. enjoying their new French press imperial porter seasonal. very impressed.

not boozy for 9%, and not bitter for a roasted coffee strong ale. for reference I've had rogues, lagunitas, and real ale coffee ales, and this ranks at the top. on par with southern star buried hatchet (personal favorite) but with more coffee flavor and a lighter mouth feel.
jah003
S
Austin folks... I have confirmed that Lakeline H-E-B will be getting BA Marfa Lights in tomorrow. Don't know exactly what time. If any of you knuckleheads get there before me please grab me a bottle and I'll pay you back.
turfman80
AG
If you enjoy quads and see Real Ale's Mysterium Verum Four Horsemen on tap, get it. It's a great brew.
dave99ag
AG
Don't pass up on BA Marfa Lights. It's delicious!
Hudson2508
AG
Jah if you get an extra I'll hook a brother up. Wonder if all HEBs are getting them. Such a good beer.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Jah if you get an extra I'll hook a brother up. Wonder if all HEBs are getting them. Such a good beer.
Pretty sure just Lakeline (maybe Mueller). Beer guy was pissed Mueller got it all last time, so he acted fast this time.
TheVarian
AG
Dang good beer, would be even better by an open flame at deer camp
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea the St. Arnold French Press is great. Glad I got a sixer of it.

May try to make it over to get some of that BA Marfa Light tomorrow. Love Russian imperial stouts.
First Page Last Page
Page 1403 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.