Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,846 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by SoTxAg
lne2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Scriffer
AG
My turn

jetch17
AG
Talmbout?

jah003
S
Austin peeps... I'll be out at ABW for Sputnik today if anyone is interested in a meat up. Just look for the doofus with a JFF Browns sweater.
Scriffer
AG
Heading to NYC for a couple days this afternoon. Any bar or bottle shop recs near Midtown?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Cannibal for sure

Blind Tiger is awesome, but not anywhere near Midtown. Obviously, it's easy to get anywhere on Manhattan with the Subways.

Torst in Brooklyn is great too, but that would be a pain to get to.
CDub06
AG
jh0400 said:

Be careful. I tried to have a half glass of everything that sounded good before a Christmas party last Saturday night, and if I hadn't had 30 minutes in the car between one and the other I would have been in bad shape.

Did the same AND had a bottle share during my first trip to Ingenious. It was rough...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Went to this place Brewtorium in Austin on Friday night for the first time. It was great. Really enjoyed the beer, food, and set up. When I was there I had their Vienna lager (year round) and oatmeal stout (seasonal). Both were good. Brought a crowler or Space Lazer home, a Brut DIPA at 9.3%. Can't wait to go back.

reesei10
Not bad for a one man show but not to JK quality yet. Needs to work on bottle conditioning. I still need to try a JK with spent fruit to compare.

So you don't have to look it up.
Scriffer
AG
Inauspicious start to NYC but that happens when you're flight is delayed agonist 2 hours. Still tasty though

AggieStout
AG
My first handjee.

Anyone know if or when the new legion is going to be on heb shelves. Seen it in Austin at the well know gas stations but they always get stuff early before heb but it's been a couple weeks.
steve00
AG
A couple of solid hazy DIPAs from Virginia
AgEng06
AG
2018 Crack - a little thinner than I expected, but I don't remember last year's to compare.

MathNewman06
AG
It's always been thin. I never get much barrel on black crack, it usually just tastes like they threw some bourbon in a batch of buried hatchet.
jah003
S
Sputnik day was legit as always...

Had Tropical Sputnik, Spicy Sputnik, and their Hazy IPA to change it up.

Jock 07
AG
steve00 said:

A couple of solid hazy DIPAs from Virginia

Are those available retail in the National Capital Region? Out here for work this week.
steve00
AG
Yeah. Got them at DC Craft Beer Cellar yesterday. Great selection there. Right around the corner from The Bruery/Offshoot bottle shop as well.

Grabbed a few Maine Lunch and Luponic distortions, as well as some BCBS wheatwine and midnight orange.
Bmac04
AG
The new legion is trash. Don't waste your time.
TheVarian
AG
Learned about mixing Rocket Fuel and dome fauxm this past weekend. DAMN GOOOOOD
BSD
AG
If any of you mofo's need an XL BGE, I just listed one in Classifieds. Drink beer and smoke meat on Jesus's birthday. America...**** yeah!!!
BSD
AG
Also, are we doing a Rare Barrel tasting on the 23rd or what?
Jock 07
AG
BSD said:

Also, are we doing a Rare Barrel tasting on the 23rd or what?
My brother and I are doen
bthotugigem05
AG
Central Market at Preston and Royal has quite a few Lakewood BBT if anyone in Dallas is looking
Scriffer
AG
I'm traveling for work. Any North Dallas people want to grab me a couple BBTs, and I'll hit you back?
AgEng06
AG
2018 ain't bad. And it's my 750th unique beer on untappd (I know those are rookie numbers, but still).

Hudson2508
AG
A little 15' Beat for my 35th birthday.

Wheatables02
AG
AgEng06 said:

2018 ain't bad. And it's my 750th unique beer on untappd (I know those are rookie numbers, but still).

It might be me, but I love Heaven Hill so I think this years is the best I've had between 16 17 and 18. I do have some 16 and 17 aging in the closet so will re-visit in a few years.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Scriffer said:

I'm traveling for work. Any North Dallas people want to grab me a couple BBTs, and I'll hit you back?

Where did you end up in NYC?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Had a bishop barrel 22 on tap tonight at my department Christmas party. A) hoorays for free beer and b) this might be the best St. Arnold I've ever had.
DaveHimself
AG
Bmac04 said:

The new legion is trash. Don't waste your time.
No joke, disappointing this year. Wonder why they didn't disclose their barrel source this year?
DallasAggie2012
AG
If I come across some today, I'll snag an extra couple bottles for you man. Seems to be in pretty good abundance this year.
MW13
AG
Anybody I'm BCS know anywhere that's get BBT?

I just got back from several days in Northwest Montana. Absolutely great. A good bit of breweries and distilleries in the area too. Happened to be there when Great Northern Brewery released their snow ghost winter lager which I really liked and they had a good chocolate mole stout called Santo Dios as well.

Bonsai Brewing Project had a lot smaller batch stuff and I really enjoyed their stuff including Cake Pie a barrel aged porter and brought home Grandmas Cookies which they describe as a doubled up extra special bitter with a heap of oven toasted oats aged in Puerto Rican rum barrels.

If you ever find yourself in the Whitefish area check them out.
La Fours
AG
Check Eskimo Hut, Specs on Harvey and the HEB on Holleman. Those are the best bets to get some BBT. But we are usually a week behind Houston/DFW/Austin markets in getting releases like that.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Shiner got approval for three more barrel aged beers: a stout, a winter warmer, and a Mexican lager in tequila barrels.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

This **** is good. Turning Point is now my number 1 brewery in DFW.
First Page Last Page
Page 1402 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.