Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,058 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028
I've had too much whiskey.
reesei10
Found these at HEB. Didn't know this was making it to Texas. All good, really liked the currants. I think JK fruit sours are better though.
Jock 07
AG
AggieOO said:

Drinking a BCBS vanilla straight outta the mutha ****in' bottle.

Holy crap, that game.

How was it, the beer?
AggieOO
Thought it was outstanding. Lots of vanilla, both on the nose and the palate.

Almost didn't crack it but figured if I didn't, it would sit waiting on a special occasion. Would probably be hard pressed to find a better one.
Jock 07
AG
Good to hear. I made laps at the goose island booth at GABF a few years ago specifically for that beer. Probably had 4 or 5 rounds of it.
NColoradoAG
maca1028 said:

I had too much before the game. As usual. Then I had more after the game at the tailgate. La Fours can attest to my condition this morning
AggieOO
I'm headed back to the grocery store shortly. Outside shot that there still some there. I'm in northern Wisconsin in a small town for one more day. People drink new glarus and cheap beer here, so limited release stuff hangs out for a while.
lne2011
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Have you had any of the beers from the Southern Star variety pack, any good? Saw it at HEB today and couldn't convince myself to pay $30 for it.
MathNewman06
AG
I tried all 4. Chocolate orange and s'more were the better ones. I wouldn't say they're worth the price.
I bought it for the gimmick tin, and mainly because buried hatchet is one of my friend's favorite beers, so I wanted to share them with him when he comes to town next month.
lne2011
AG
The gimmick tin is what finally made me decide against it. I didn't want that thing taking up space only to be thrown in the trash at a later date.
reesei10
This is a great beer by Blue Owl. Definitely worth a try.
MathNewman06
AG
Yeah, I'll probably end up storing some kids toys in it (classy), or give it to my friend.
streetfighter2012
AG
New Spindletap release. Just saw this and was able to get a couple 4-packs.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spindletap-brewery-beer-release-this-week-tickets-52870719746
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

maca1028 said:

I had too much before the game. As usual. Then I had more after the game at the tailgate. La Fours can attest to my condition this morning
You and me both man.
Wheatables02
AG
Anything in Austin/Round Rock I should be looking for this week while I'm down here for training? Something I can't get in DFW??

jah003
S
Wheatables02 said:

Anything in Austin/Round Rock I should be looking for this week while I'm down here for training? Something I can't get in DFW??

I feel like Sputnik should be dropping very soon. You might get lucky.
La Fours
AG
Crowlers of Pinthouse pizza haze.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I second both Sputnik and Pinthouse Pizza.

Does DFW get Live Oak cans? If not, I'd look for Primus, too.
AggieStout
AG
First time to ever try freetail. This one was a little thinner than I would like but was ok.

Had this one for a while and finally cracked it open.

Got this little guy a week ago. Vanilla on it was good.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Highly recommend this Zilker ESB for you other ESB people out there. It's a style we don't get to see much, but it's one I love.

BowSowy
AG
At least you didn't take this Pic on top of a plastic trash can
EastTexAg14
AG
I stumbled across a couple four packs of DFH 120 this evening. Is it still a pretty sought after beer?
dave99ag
AG
It's worth trying a DFH 120 if you've never had it, but not the whale it once was. I think the last time I had a 120 was during the 2012 election. I'd take a sip everytime they'd say "too close to call." That was an interesting evening.
steve00
AG
It's pretty easy to find in my area. I've seen it in 3-4 fairly random stores this month. I like to have a few every year, but it isn't a whale you can trade for a bunch of stuff.
Jock 07
AG
I'd suggest just getting one or maybe two to age one just to try it once, certainly wouldn't buy a whole 4 pack.
Jock 07
AG
Still pretty good, but after drinking the 15 & 17 now I think I'm going to make it an effort this year not hold on to any of the variants past 6 months.
BSD
AG
What were the variants this year? I missed out on and only got BCBS. Saw the vanilla above and am jealous!
jh0400
AG
Vanilla and Wheatwine made it to Houston. Midnight Orange was apparently held up by TABC but should release soon.
Jock 07
AG
Vanilla, wheat whine, and a very limited amount of bramble, like one case per store and probably only 5 or so throughout the city. They got orange on the other side of the river in Iowa instead of the vanilla.
big-ag
AG
Didn't realize the Bramble was so rare. My shop had plenty of it on Friday. 1PP but there was a lot.
Jock 07
AG
I think it varies drastically from region to region. I also think that the increased prices on the variants might be factoring into the availability as well.
MathNewman06
AG
Getting a 3 day weekend started off right. This is great.
dave99ag
AG
Enjoying a Tree House Julius while watch Kurt effing Russell as Santa Claus. Merry Thursday!
Scriffer
AG
dave99ag said:

Enjoying a Tree House Julius while watch Kurt effing Russell as Santa Claus. Merry Thursday!

Finest American actor of the last 50 years.
First Page Last Page
Page 1398 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.