Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,808 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I stumbled across the 'treat map' on nextdoor, and thought for a second it was showing me which houses were handing out beers to parents!

dave99ag
AG
The folks on E Blackthorn Way suck.
reesei10
This is good and festive.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Didn't realize that Tupps DDH 4 was out until today. Anyone try it yet?

Just had it and the 3 at the brewery. Think I prefer 3 more than 4, but ever so slightly.
jah003
S
AggieStout said:

jah003 said:

No BA Marfa Lights today... They are working to get it in tomorrow. Distributors man...

Damn. Just pulled into the lot since they most post around 12:30. Tomorrow it is then.
Still haven't confirmed it's coming it today. I know they are working on it.
Connd

Sister came in from NY.
Jock 07
AG
SoS
jgh85Ag
AG
Firestone Sticky Monkey

Trying a bottle tonight with a coffee flavored cigar. Goodstuff.

Similar to a prairie bomb but a little sweeter

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2210/63249/
Connd

Brooklyn we go hard.
jh0400
AG
Cookies and Cream Stout with a peanut butter cup frozen beer topper at Ingenious. This place is pretty cool.

I hope this trend catches in, because it's like drinking a beer float that's all beer.
Al Bula
AG
Anyone tried Legal draft outta Arlington? I dig the Nowhere But Texas lager.
turfman80
AG
Finally trying this. Worth the accolades.

Connd

This beer is the real deal.
maca1028
Nice pick up from the local HEB.
La Fours
AG
I picked up some on the name alone a while back. Did not disappoint.
dave99ag
AG
So damn good!
maca1028
So this is how the KBBS release is going down. I'm sure the website will have no issue with traffic once the tickets go on sale.
https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8596128/kbbs-bottle-release-day-decorah-toppling-goliath-brewery
La Fours
AG
Nice. How did you score that?
dave99ag
AG
La Fours said:

Nice. How did you score that?
One of my friends lives in Iowa and came down for his defense. Told him to bring any TG he saw.
jgh85Ag
AG
Have they released it? Been checking SA stores with no luck.
jah003
S
jgh85Ag said:

It's come and gone. Seems like a couple of the bigger HEB's took the majority of the allocation *cough* Mueller.
AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

jgh85Ag said:

It's come and gone. Seems like a couple of the bigger HEB's took the majority of the allocation *cough* Mueller.

They haven't posted anything about it yet so I assume that they should be soonish?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I picked up a few random six packs before the Alabama game a few weeks back. Neither of them were particularly notable and I've been more in stout (and scotch) mode the last few weeks.

But as my beer drawer is almost empty I grabbed a few of them tonight. One, Paradise Lost by 4th tap in Austin was very meh. The other, Big Swell by Maui Brewing was decidedly good and worth the effort.

The best part about the Maui beer though is the can. It feels like something of a bygone Era. The can feels thicker and more substantial than a lot of cheap beer cans. It feels like how I imagine a Schlitz can in 1973 felt.
Connd
Im heading to Atlanta next week. What breweries or beers should I be on the look out for?
CDub06
AG
Scofflaw is a GREAT brewery - one of my favorites. Atlanta isn't short on options but that's a must do for me. Monday Night is also a top spot with some cool brews and it's on the way to Scofflaw.
reesei10
I haven't had anything notable from 4th Tap. I stopped buying them after I tried a couple of their beers.
Jock 07
AG
Anything at B-52 right now worth making the drive up for this afternoon/evening?
dave99ag
AG
They have some Wheez the Juice DDH and another variant that I'd imagine are still there from last weekend. May be a bit wet, but indoors is always dry.
Jock 07
AG
Well wasn't able to make it up to there tonight but just discovered that there's a new brewery near my old stomping grounds of JV. Klaus brewing on Jones, anyone know anything about it?
Topher17
AG
reesei10 said:

I haven't had anything notable from 4th Tap. I stopped buying them after I tried a couple of their beers.

Same, tried several of their offerings over time and haven't been impressed by any of them. I quit buying and I'm always sorta curious who buys enough to make it worth it for so many stores around town to keep them on the shelf.
lne2011
AG
It's my understanding he brews traditional German style beers. So, I wouldn't go in expecting to find the latest trendy beer. I'm hoping to make it down the sometime soon.
Geriatric Punk
AG
dave99ag said:

So damn good!

Dude, I picked up some of the DDH Pseudo Sue when I was in La Crosse in the spring. Fuggin' awesome.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
lne2011
AG
I've had most of their beers, but I'm planning to swing by Brazos Valley Brewing Saturday. Looks like it's not air conditioned, so Saturday should be a perfect day to go. Just thought you guys should know, carry on
jetch17
AG
Jock 07 said:

Well wasn't able to make it up to there tonight but just discovered that there's a new brewery near my old stomping grounds of JV. Klaus brewing on Jones, anyone know anything about it?

Seen it but haven't been by
jh0400
AG
I finally tried a brut ipa. It tastes good, but it's dry as ****. Not sure about this style.
First Page Last Page
Page 1390 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.