Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,147 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by swampstander
TxKng82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^^
Army is that any good?? Seen it a couple times and have been tempted just never picked it up.
army01
AG
It was decent. Not great, but not bad...
army01
AG
This one, however
TxKng82
AG
May have to pick some up to try...

I have small batch 1&2 in the fridge but after everything im hearing about batch 2 not even sure I want to even open the bottle.
p-wonk01
AG
Landed in Chicago a bit ago....I'm eating lunch and will probably hit up Three Floyd's taphouse for beer in a few hours. I welcome anyone in the area to join me!
BSD
AG
That's ****ing metal!
BSD
AG
Also, Kuma's Corner has a good craft selection and some of the best burgers I've ever eaten. It's a must stop for me.

Also, also, be sure to ask 3 Floyd's if they have any special brews for sale. They released 2-3 really small batch offerings this past week according to their FB,
p-wonk01
AG
Three Floyd's is greatness...stop here if you guys are ever in the area. BSD..I definitely get your metal comment now . It's in the middle of the business park. You ask yourself where you are going and all the sudden there are a lot of cars.

I tried Zombie Dust, Robert the Bruce, Gumballhead, rye of the tiger, snow weasel, topless wytch, das kleine Schwarz

As far as experimental and good brews I'd match this with my Russian River Brewery trip...different yet similar

I bought a bottle of Baller Stout...very expensive but I figured what the heck. Here it is:

quote:

Three Floyd’s 15th Anniversary beer. A blend of Dark Lord, Surly Darkness, De Struise Black Albert, and Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch.

Rye of the Tiger was awesome!!! It's a rye IPA Nd a hit with the locals. Unfortunately it was sold out in the limited bottling and may or may not be back (I guarantee you will see it because it us too good to not continue making)

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 10/29/2012 11:16a).]
AggieOO
army - i'm pretty sure I warned you (maybe it was someone else) about that Ranger Creek #2 earlier in the thread.
streetfighter2012
AG
OO- I popped open the rosemary wheats from your six pack this weekend. I really enjoyed it. I've never had anything like that before so I can't make a comparison. My gf had a few sips and didn't like it. But her complaint was that she didn't want to drink a beer that tasted like herbs... So for her taste she would have liked the rosemary to have been less overpowering. Thanks for sharing.
AggieOO
appreciate the feedback. this batch definitely had more rosemary than the first batch. my gf prefers batch 2 over batch 1, but i think i'm going to tone it done a little for batch 3. I think if I can find the balance between 1 and 2, it'll be the right combo.
BSD
AG
As I was unpacking last night, I had completely forgot what I did with a case of beer I bought in Cali. Luckily my receipts showed I shipped some back! In honor of finding the missing case, and the cool weather, I opened up a Founders breakfast stout and a Pumpkinator. I'll definitely be drinking more Founders but I have 2 extra Pumpkinators available...that just wasn't me thing. Also had two Pliny's while watching tv.
AggieOO
i liked the pumpkinator. not my favorite, but for a pumpkin, i dug it.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Tried Lagunita's Brown Shugga' this weekend at O'Bannon's. Very interesting flavor, with a bitter aftertaste, but I'd have it again.

Also had Live Oak Hefe. Tasted like piss at first, but I started to enjoy it a little more as it went down. Crisp aftertaste. Probably wouldn't have it again, though.

[This message has been edited by fav13andac1)c (edited 10/29/2012 1:26p).]
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Live Oak Hefe is the only hefeweizen I would regularly drink.
BSD
AG
The Petrol bottle share is tomorrow. Who is going?
AggieOO
live oak hefe is fantastic.
62strat
AG
didn't know we had a texagger that worked for karbach
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2179742&forum_id=54&page=&opt=post
gordo97
AG
had this one (not my pic obviously) over the weekend for the first time.... excellent ale!!!!

fav13andac1)c
AG
Perhaps I should try it again then. Probably unrelated, stupid excuse, but I had drank a Monster before going out. I noticed after consumption of the energy drink, the Shiner I had immediately after tasted disgusting. Maybe the lingering aftertaste of the Monster had something to do with my dislike for the hefe.
p-wonk01
AG
Oregon folks on here...

An Ag is considering a job offer in Portland and was curious about the area. I know there are a few of you Oregonians(?) on here so I figured I'd post a link to help an Ag out.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2188844&forum_id=55

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 10/29/2012 3:19p).]
62strat
AG
GABF pics

http://www.draftmag.com/gabfgallery/
http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/about/photos/

Scott Stapp?

totally hot twins?!

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 10/29/2012 4:34p).]
jetch17
AG
I'm gonna have to vag out of the bottle share at petrol
BSD
AG
Pathetic.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Finally having Dogfish Punkin Ale... Woodshed in Fort Worth has it on tap. $3.50 on Happy Hour... Pretty good. Probably will only have one.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
i'm way late to the party on this one but i just tried deschutes inversion on saturday, pretty damn good IPA

also, anyone in Dallas needs to try Deep Ellum Brewing Company's Double Brown Stout on tap. really, really good
army01
AG
quote:
army - i'm pretty sure I warned you (maybe it was someone else) about that Ranger Creek #2 earlier in the thread.

You very much did...but somethings you have to try for yourself...this, however, is not one of them. Barf.
La Fours
AG

I now know why people rant and rave about Founders Breakfast Stout. Wow. This is a damn good beer. And I am not big on stouts. I wish I could have brought more back.
army01
AG
Decided to break in to the DR12....glad I have 5 more. Thought it was a nice beer

62strat
AG
Ok so I had a banana bread ale paired with a homemade gourmet pumpkin muffin. Damn that was good. The muffin basically made the beer taste like a liquid version of itself. Would do again!

And the beer was imported by a company in college station to boot.
p-wonk01
AG
BSD - I went to Kuma's last night and had one of the best burgers I've eaten! If you come to Chicago it's a must stop for me now as well. Thanks for the recommendation. I owe you a few brews at a home game this year for that. While there I had a Green Bush Angry (black ipa), Three Floyd's Gumballhead and Two Brothers Cain and Abel.

After that I took a short drive to Revolution Brewery and sampled about 10 of their beers. Overall they were mostly very good, with a few misses (to me). I tried to make it to Half Acre Brewery but they had already closed.

At that point I decided to head to visit Northwestern for the heck of it. It's certainly a beautiful campus. I had never realized the entire campus was on Lake Michigan. Last night the waves (due to hurricane fallout) were ridiculous and we had about 40-50mph cold winds. It just made me enjoy that Dragon's Milk even more when I got back to the hotel.

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 10/30/2012 12:01p).]
NColoradoAG
Lafours, FBS is one of my fav's. I picked up 2 four packs when I was in GA last weekend for the Auburn game. I drink them all the time with Sunday morning breakfast (goes great with french toast).

Pwonk, nice choices. Chicago sure does have some great beer and food!

I ordered up two bottles of Bruery's Black Tuesday this morning during the public sale. After that, joining the 2013 Bruery Reserve Society, and the Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Society, I am out of beer money for at least 6 weeks. Time to start drinking down the cellar!
BSD
AG
Sounds like a great trip, p-wonk!!! Paddy Long's was a fun bar too if you have time. I went for a 3 Floyd's tap takeover but they usually have a good selection too. Great menu too (think bacon)
BSD
AG
quote:
... and the Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Society, I am out of beer money for at least 6 weeks. Time to start drinking down the cellar!

I forgot to post that I signed up for Crooked Stave as well. Looks like I'll be heading to Denver next year to grab my beer! Also, after that and 2 trips out to RRBC, I'm in a buying freeze for a while too. Time to hit the cellar!
Jock 07
AG
Still a bit of snow on the lawn from the first snowfall of the year so figured I'd break out one of these for tonight

First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.