Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,127 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Jock 07
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope BSD gets caught in the rain in SF.
BSD
AG
I think I'll be ok

BSD
AG
So I obviously ended up at Russian River Brewing Co again.  Since this is my wine trip for the year, I figured I needed some beer as a nightcap.  Tonight's pints were Pliny, Supplication, Row 2 Hill 56, Great Beer Makes Great Wine, and the RRBC porter.  And we had the sampler tray and pizza bites.  The crowd was fun since the Giants won and they thought I cared, which was funny and far from the truth.  I walked out with a t-shirt and an assorted case of Pliny, Damnation, Supplication, and Temptation.  The best part is that I get to sleep in tomorrow as the babysitter has our boy (who doesnt recognize the time change) in her room.  Life is good.
BSD
AG
quote:
Just had my first Pliny ever, thanks to NColorado. I know this is going to be sacrilegious , but I wasn't a huge fan, almost tasted kinda flat.

That sucks. You'll have to try another before you write it off for good.
wessimo
AG
$14 for the bodacious... damn

$7 Friday/ Saturday tour is the best deal going, especially when they have the special brews on tap
NColoradoAG
quote:
Just had my first Pliny ever, thanks to NColorado. I know this is going to be sacrilegious , but I wasn't a huge fan, almost tasted kinda flat.

Interesting. Sorry that you didn't like it. I had a couple from that batch and they seemed good as usual. Every palate is different. Luckily they just keep making more and more beer!

It could have also been the awesomeness that is Zombie Dust that overshadowed Pliny.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 10/23/2012 2:24p).]
Two Down
AG
BSD - you are a lucky, lucky man.
jetch17
AG
Not bad, wine barrel is there but not overpowering. Was worth trying, not totally jizz in my pants worthy, though

Jock 07
AG
That zombie dust was most def the tits. I'm going to try another one for sure when I get out to cali
jetch17
AG
Dust
BSD
AG
Zombie Dust is actually out of Indiana, so Cali may not have much!
BSD
AG
quote:
Not bad, wine barrel is there but not overpowering. Was worth trying, not totally jizz in my pants worthy, though

That was my thought, too. That's why I wasn't stressed about missing it retail.
Jock 07
AG
Sorry,meant i'll be trying some more pliny when I get out to cali
BSD
AG
Ah! When/where are you going?
Jock 07
AG
I'll be at vandenberg afb for 4 months for training starting the beginning of January, planning on going to the cal state fullerton baseball game while I'm there
OBannonsPub
AG
Just an FYI for those of you in College Station:

We are tapping a firkin of Saint Arnold Pumpkinator today at 6pm.

CHEERS!
txaggie05
AG
Drinking a Stone 16th Anniversary IPA. I don't know if it's the 10% ABV talking, but it's REALLY good.

spadilly
S
Stone 16 is probably the best beer I've had in the past year. It's phenomenal.
jetch17
AG
Damn I passed buying some at specs last week, may have to go pick one up
AggieOO
popped open a pumpkinator. i'm not a homer for pumpkin stuff, so i wasn't sure how i'd like this, especially since i still haven't opened my 2011 bottle. its actually pretty good. there's a little pumpkin flavor there...enough to add some complexity, but not be over-bearing.

figured i'd continue the theme with a pumpkin lager from Lakefront brewery. after that pumpkinator, this tastes like water.
txaggie05
AG
jetch, DO IT.

I went with a St. A Oktoberfest after the Stone 16h. Definitely an interesting transition. But I agree with spadilly...best beer I've had in quite a while

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 10/24/2012 10:17p).]
turfman80
AG
BSD,

On my trip to Russian River I missed the FFAC by a few days. If you would be willing to part with a bottle in a mutually beneficial trade, let me know. My email is dhanus at verizon dot net. Thanks
62strat
AG
Awesome, a coworker just told me he bought a homebrew kit this weekend, I was like dude I've been homebrewing for 3 years! Turns out we live just a couple miles from each other.

Time to get back into the hobby. With the move, I haven't brewed in about a year!

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 10/25/2012 12:16p).]
AggieOO
quote:
I was like dude I've been homebrewing for 3 years! Turns out we live just a couple miles from each other.

Time to get back into the hobby. With the move, I haven't brewed in about a year!

so you mean 2 years.
Two Down
AG
Stone 16 is solid as hell. Keep picking some up intending to save it and end up plowing straight through 'em all.
OBannonsPub
AG
Karbach Krunkin Pumpkin & Dogfish Head *****es Brew are being tapped at the pub as I tap this!

*****es Brew is in 1/6 barrel so it's going to go FAST!

CHEERS!

Sponsor Message: "Life is short…drink good beer." See what’s going on at the pub at O'Bannon's Tap House
62strat
AG
well, I was still a home brewer for that last year. I didn't like, turn in my card or anything.
Sooner Born
quote:
so you mean 2 years.
62strat
AG
I figure as long as I still have MY home brew in my house, I'm still a home brewer have about 8 bottles left of a tripel IPA back from 2010.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 10/25/2012 2:34p).]
Sooner Born
Then that makes me a homebrewer going on five years...and I've yet to brew a batch myself. I have a buddy who loves to brew but can't drink because of a medical condition.
BowSowy
AG
Stopped by the small specs near my home hoping to find something worth trying. I was surprised to run across a couple of these:

[This message has been edited by RossK10 (edited 10/25/2012 7:11p).]
army01
AG
Finally getting a Specs in Funkytown!
BSD
AG
I picked up some Racer X and some Pliny today. Will anyone be attending the Petrol bottle share next week? I may take some up there.
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD,

On my trip to Russian River I missed the FFAC by a few days. If you would be willing to part with a bottle in a mutually beneficial trade, let me know. My email is dhanus at verizon dot net. Thanks

Let me see what I have left when I get home and I'll get back to you.
jetch17
AG
quote:
I picked up some Racer X and some Pliny today. Will anyone be attending the Petrol bottle share next week? I may take some up there.

I was gonna see if you were interested
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.