Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,257 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
anyone pick up pumpkinator today?

Got some while out for lunch today. Still too hot to drink 'em. I may take them (along with Krunkin) to California with me for a Halloween party I'm attending.
streetfighter2012
AG
HEB's in CS are getting their shipment tomorrow.
BSD
AG
quote:
Well, I don't know about yall, but I saw the 11am kickoff coming a mile away. Sucks, but it just means we'll be drinking at 7am.

So, I'd like to get a roll call for a bottle share. I am up for Friday night or Saturday in Lot H. We'd probably need a spot if we choose Friday. Let's see about numbers and move from there. So let me know if you're in, whether you like Friday or Saturday, and if it's Saturday whether or not you like before or after the game.

GABF'ers stole all the Pliny around town so I only ended up with one bottle, but I'd love to share. It dropped last Friday so some might pop up this week. At this point, I'll be bringing:

Pliny
Sanctification
Zombie Dust
Something else sour
Something else hoppy
Something else that's been in some sort of barrel

So far I see these folks with interest in the bottle share:

Jock07
BSD
Lafours
Jetch

I may be sitting this one out. I have something that I might have to attend to on Saturday and may have to miss the game altogether.
jetch17
AG
i picked up a couple Pumpkinators at lunch literally for sh*ts & grins.

I will be driving up early Saturday morning for the game. If you fool want to do some bottle share i would be down (my offerings are basically some of the wealth BSD has shared with me), or if yall just wanted to get together over chuggers at the chicken im down too. Was just going to bounce around at some tailgates anyway, so let me know.
NColoradoAG
By no means does anyone need to dip into their cellar or stash. I'd just like to meet you guys and share some stuff from CO. There will be plenty of good beer and Miller Lite available as well.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Luckily you don't have to have account to use the search function. I have just been searching and refreshing.

http://fr.twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23pumpkinator&src=typd
OBannonsPub
AG
About a 1/3 of the beers we brought home from GABF! Can't wait to drink them!

jetch17
AG
nice haul
OBannonsPub
AG
We're gonna host a bottle share at someone's house at some point in the next couple of months.
BSD
AG
Sounds good. Come on down!
NColoradoAG
Ah, so that's where all the beer went!

Glad you guys found some Upslope Pumpkin. That stuff is delicious. Good choices overall!
62strat
AG
I see a rumpkin has made it's way down to Texas!
La Fours
AG
This 11am kickoff might keep me out of the bottle share. My son has flag football at 8:30, so I won't get to campus until 10am or so if at all. I leave Sunday for VA, my flight leaves at 6am. So not sure how long I would stay after the game.
La Fours
AG
Nice stash Obannons.
La Fours
AG
Another call out for beers/breweries to try out when in Virginia next week.

I'll definitely look for Southern Tier and Firestone Walker, what else?
NColoradoAG
Founders, Terrapin, Weyerbacher, Troegs, Allagash, Bells
NColoradoAG
quote:
I see a rumpkin has made it's way down to Texas!

I think one or two more might make it's way into my luggage this weekend. I bought too much Rumpkin and need to share!
cpscAG06
AG
NColorado - where are yall having the bottle share on Sat? I am bringing a keg of my own imperial amber ale and oaked double ipa in bottles. I also have a couple bottles of St. Arnold Divine Reserve 12.

Also, how is the new batch of rumpkin? I had one of last years batches a couple of months ago and it was ok. Uncle Jacob's is much better IMO.
cpscAG06
AG
Firestones Double DBA is out of this world.
BSD
AG
Unfortunately I'm now officially out for Saturday.
La Fours
AG
Karbach posted on facebook that they are releasing Bodacious, merlot barrel aged DIPA, next Monday.

Did any of you guys in the Tine try it at Hay Merchant?
jetch17
AG
i think BSD did. Im looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Sooner Born
stealing beer from a clown at the food bank
jh0400
AG
quote:

I'll probably give this a whirl. Hopefully it's easier to find than Krunkin Punkin was.
La Fours
AG
I won't get to pick any up since I'll be in Virginia next week and they don't distribute bottles/cans to College Station yet.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I won't get to pick any up since I'll be in Virginia next week and they don't distribute bottles/cans to College Station yet.

If I find one I can try to grab an extra, and you can pick it up if you ever find yourself in the Tine if you'd like.
La Fours
AG
Nice. Thanks.
62strat
AG
Didn't see Brock.. anybody know if he was there this last weekend?

p-wonk01
AG
I'll take some Pumpkinator if anyone can get ahold of it. I'm stuck in Chicago this week and the reminder just popped up in my e-mail. I don't think any will be left by the time I get back to Dallas.

If anyone in CS or that is coming to CS this weekend for the LSU game happens to have an extra (or 6 ) then I'll certainly do a trade for it. E-mail in profile!
aggiez71
Shiner Cheer is out! Probably my favorite all around beer! I will have to go out to the HEB on 40 to get the pumkinator
BSD
AG
quote:
Karbach posted on facebook that they are releasing Bodacious, merlot barrel aged DIPA, next Monday.

Did any of you guys in the Tine try it at Hay Merchant?

I had it at Hay Merchant. I wasn't too impressed but then again, I'm not a fan of Rodeo Clown. I demand more hops in my DIPA!!! It wasn't a bad beer, just wasn't my style. Now the bourbon barrel aged Hellfighter they had that night...I'd bathe in that!!!
jetch17
AG
quote:
Shiner Cheer is out! Probably my favorite all around beer! I will have to go out to the HEB on 40 to get the pumkinator
aggiez71
I love Shiner, it's not a craft beer but it's sitting right next to my DFH 120 minute collection, the Cheer is an awesome seasonal beer.

The DFH Punkin beer is great if you can find it as well

[This message has been edited by aggiez71 (edited 10/16/2012 9:13p).]
txaggie05
AG
Shiner Cheer tastes like a peach-drenched Christmas tree shoved in a bottle.
AggieOO
picked up two pumpkinators and a few randoms tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.